Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FEP Member

Default Make my BMX bike number one!

I wanted to get in shape, so I decided to relive my youth a little. I put a want add for a bike on bmx museum, and how lucky could I get? The guy with my favorite bike contacts me, and says he would like to make a deal on it. Sounds hokey, but it s true story, i am stoked to have this bike. Long story short, I bought it, and me an the 7 year old name sake cruise the bikes in town. he loves it, and so do I!

What I want to do, is push the bike up in the ranks on the most faved page. Here is a link, if you could, please join the site(free of course), and save it as one of you faves. I am on page one already, but want it up at the top! Bragging rights....you know. Here is a link, check out the bike, I am sure you will want to do it anyway once you check out my new bike! Besides cars of course, this is back to the top as a favorite hobby. Dare I try some of the old freestlye tricks, well see, I need to be able to go to work! Now help a brother out!

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/skyway/1383
    84' LX LTD
    70' SCJ Convertible Torino

that bike is bright

That's awesome man. The Skyway Streetbeats are timeless. Not too long ago they found a bunch of raw streetbeat frames in a warehouse, they were all over the place. As you may know from my screen name i'm avid in old school bmx. I'm 17 and wasn't there, but those bikes were too rad. Here's my 2 bikes...

Got a '91 Haro Ground Master and an '86 Haro F.S.T. I love those things.

That's totally awesome and rad! (80's lingo) Check out my '86 Redline RL20. It's pretty much a garage queen but I ride it around the neighborhood occasionally and it turns some heads.
    1985 Mustang GT, owned since 1989
    2000 Expedition XLT 219k miles
    2011 Expedition XLT

FEP Member

Sweet bikes guys! I picked up that skyway as basically an NOS bike, with no intentions of letting it sit any longer. I love to storm through town on it, it is a blast. One of my best friends as a child had a chrome haro master, that was the cats meow then for sure in the freestyle world. At least it was in my town.
    84' LX LTD

I have a few bikes also. I was really into BMX freestyling in the '80s. The chrome Mongoose I found in a garbage pile. I took it home and cleaned it up real nice.........only to give it away. The red '87 Haro Group 1 I picked up for $35 on eBay. I have nos decals for it whenever I decide to restore it. The yellow '88 Haro FSX I had since new. I also have nos decals for that too, but I need to get the bike powdercoated and put it back together. The red Schwinn I believe is a Manta Ray (not Stingray). It was my bro's 1st bike. The blue nos ACS rims I found in a back room of a bike shop. I asked the owner how much, and he said $10 a rim . One rim is dated Dec. '81 and the other rim is dated Mar. '82. The Giant Mt. bike is my current rider.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1779/img0006p.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Neither here nor there

man I miss my Kuwahara now!!!!

SKYWAY TUFF II's FTW !!!

Sweet! I have a DK General Lee I bought 3 years ago to rip around the neighborhood in!
    '83 Hatch - PBR Front/GT rear disc, Steeda Sport Springs, Tokico Blues, MM CC plates, 87+ sway bars

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcity View Post
    That's totally awesome and rad! (80's lingo) Check out my '86 Redline RL20. It's pretty much a garage queen but I ride it around the neighborhood occasionally and it turns some heads.

Sure its not the sight of a grown man on a BMX bike that is turning those heads?

I was into the BMX craze of the 80s also. I had a couple of Mongoose and a really old Torker I got from a friend. Wish I still had the Torker.

[QUOTE=yobarry;794600]Sure its not the sight of a grown man on a BMX bike that is turning those heads?

LOL! Man, that's entirely possible! But, my neighbors see me riding my mountain bike and road bike all the time too. I'm having too much fun and enjoying being alive to care anyway!
    2011 Expedition XLT

back in the day "83" i used to BMX at E-town, Howell "Bicycle World", Jersey City armory....my ride was a MCS Magnum also had a Thruster Tripower, Hutch and in my basment sits a Mongoose Solution.

-RICH-
    84 CAPRI RS FOR SALE
    i'm a car junkie - i love junkie cars

FEP Member

So are youy guys gonna vote for bad azs bike on that site to put me #1 or what?
    84' LX LTD

I guess that I lived in the poor part of town. The best bike that I can recall was the Redline or Supergoose w/ the Vans checkerboard pardding.

I used to ride the aluminum mongoose frame till i kept breaking it,
    and i wasn't the only one so then i went to an S&M Holmes Frame,
    with ELF 6pc Bars, Redline 3pc Cranks, & Custom Made KOVACHI Rims
    That Is Long Gone But I Still Have And Ride My Redline Cruiser That I recently
    Just Bought New Parts For To Get Some Exercise See The Below Pic
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

Name:  IMG_0074.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  76.4 KB

now thats my bike

Now THIS is my kind of thread. I had to stop riding for good (well, SERIOUS riding anyways) after having brain surgery but i still have my bike. Now i just can't risk serious head injury. I guess that would include racing but i do it anyways

I've had just about every bike pictured in this thread if it's a 20''. I grew up on a GT Performer and moved up to a Dyno Slammer and then an S+M Dirtbike Next Generation, which i still have. I also have a Dave Mirra Signature Haro that i parted out for the S+M frame in this pic, but i've since switched it back to the Haro frame for the extra top tube length.

I also had 3 Mongoose Decade Pro's and one Decade, a few GT Virtigo's, a Haro Master, 2 Hutch Windstyler's, a Mongoose Expert and Expert Pro...man the list goes on and on. When i was a kid i had a bike junkyard in my back yard.
    Last edited by 85_SS_302_Coupe; 05-20-2009 at 08:12 PM.
    -EVIL SSP-
    '85 KY Highway Patrol SSP Coupe
    Walk around/exhaust clip

-David

You too with head injuries? i have had four serious concussions, the last one i broke my jaw, while practicing, and the doc told me i need to stop before i get serious brain damage, and that i could possibly die so i quit racing like 10 years ago, but i always have the itch to go back and race again
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

Here's one of my bikes I'm selling on Ebay right now. I am getting rid of my bikes to make room for my kid's bikes and to put the cash into my Mustang. I am keeping a 1975 Stingray thats kinda beat up because my son (bmx racer) and I are going to make a totally retro BMX bike out of it, the kind like in the beginning of "On any Sunday", before they were called actually BMX it will be cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/unrestored-origi...3A1%7C294%3A50

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DragRag View Post
    So are youy guys gonna vote for bad azs bike on that site to put me #1 or what?
    DONE!!
    2011 Expedition XLT

FEP Member

Thanks to the guys that have faved my bike, I noticed I had picked up two votes! This is turning out to be a good thread to. I figured there was a bunch of 30 somethings that could relate to my rekindled passion for BMX.
    84' LX LTD

I miss my '84 Tracker ...Chrome with blue accessories, Skyway Tuff-Wheel II's, Snakebelly tires, Shimanao 3 piece cranks, MCS Tuffneck w/ Race Inc. handlebars & Oakley grips, UNI seat & post, NO brakes ...oh, and I had the blue & white checkered pads to match my Vans

Holy, crap...I can't believe I remember all that stuff off-hand 25 years later

I really miss being a kid...

Scott
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT
    Medium Canyon Red Metallic Exterior ~ Sand Beige / Buckskin Interior

FEP Member

So go buy one, what's it really going to set you back? A couple to few hundred.....worth every penny in my book.
    84' LX LTD

Quote Originally Posted by theemustangman View Post
    You too with head injuries? i have had four serious concussions, the last one i broke my jaw, while practicing, and the doc told me i need to stop before i get serious brain damage, and that i could possibly die so i quit racing like 10 years ago, but i always have the itch to go back and race again
    I actually had to have a brain biopsy. The surgeon just recommended that i stay away from any potential impact to the surgery site. Either way i'm older and way out of shape now. I'd probably kill myself trying some of the gaps and crazy crap i did 10 years ago. The last time i was out and really in my prime i pulled up late to gap over this big curb/grassy drop off thing and slammed my rear tire into the curb and it flipped me over and i broke my collar bone and wrist. I was 19 and in my first apartment and that almost made me homeless because i couldn't work. That's what made me realize that i couldn't do it forever. About a year later i bought my first Mustang and it's been cars cars cars ever since.
    -EVIL SSP-
    '85 KY Highway Patrol SSP Coupe
    Walk around/exhaust clip

-David

Bringing back some memories here. I had a 86 Diamond Back Cool Streak with skyways and a 88 Haro Master Team model with Peregrine 48's. Ah, simpler times.
    2017 Lincoln MKZ AWD
    2003 Town Car
    2017 GTI
    Currently Foxless

awesome thread, I wish I had pics of my old haro!
    1983 Mercury Capri Crimson Cat 5.0 4 speed t tops
    1986 Mercury Capri GS 5.0 5 speed
    4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft, flowmaster cat back, fms headers, pro 5.0 shifter, tokico suspension, o/r h-pipe
    1990 Ford Mustang notch 5.0 5 speed
    pro 5.0 shifter, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear, ud pulleys, prothane mounts, mac headers, flowmaster cat back, o/r h-pipe, lowered
    1971 IH Scout 800b all original 232 thrift six 3 speed
    1992 Honda Civic VX 1.5 vtecE 5 spd
    2001 Honda Insight Hybrid.. Best ave. 87.1 mpg!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast