Close

Default 2nd Annual Mustang VS Camaro Show NE Ohio

Not sure how many NE ohio folks we have here, but figured i would post up anyway. Need to round up as many mustangs as possible. Last year was the first attempt at this. It is put on by the Mahoning Valley Mustang club and the Northeast Ohio Camaro Club. Last years event turned out to be a great succes so they have decided to make it an annual event with it alternating locations between both clubs year to year. I will post up the flyer for the event along with a letter from MVM that talks a little about last years and this years show.

Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

and a little letter from the mvm with some info about this year and last years show:

2nd Annual Mustang vs. Camaro Showdown
    Those crazy folks from the Mahoning Valley Mustang Club and their partners in crime, the folks from the Northeastern Ohio Camaro Club have joined forces again to bring the 2nd Annual Mustang vs. Camaro Showdown to the Hartville Market Place (1289 Edison Street NW, Hartville OH 44632) this June 20th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This year 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Burned Children program at the Akron Children’s Hospital.
    Last year’s Showdown was a smash hit! Approximately 225 cars (Mustangs & Camaros) participated at Austintown’s Quaker Steak and Lube for the benefit of the Make-A-Wish Foundation and with all the positive feedback from that show, we expect this year’s show to be even bigger and better than ever!
    To insure success MVM and NEOCC decided not to mess with success, therefore the format has not been changed. Cost to enter your car is still a $5 minimum donation. Votes still cost a buck a vote for your choice of any car. Enter as many times as you like as it all benefits charity. Awards will be given to the top three voted cars, best Mustang as selected by the North Eastern Ohio Camaro Club, best Camaro as selected by MVM, Hartville manager choice and the Akron Children’s Hospital’s choice. In addition there will be a minimum of 6 baskets to buy chances on and door prizes randomly given out throughout the event. NO FORMAL JUDGING, leave your cleaning supplies at home! A DJ will be present to spin the oldies. Food, food and more food will be available from either the Hartville kitchen, the Amish bake shop or from one of the many food vendors located in the food court flea market area. Since this event is being held on a Saturday the usual flea market will be going full blast at the same time, just the ticket to keep all the members of your family happy! IT DOESN’T GET ANY BETTER!!
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

That sounds like a fun show. Too bad it's so far from me. Don't tell anyone but I like Camaros too. Just can't bring myself to buy one.
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback
    84 Tan 5.0 GT convertible
    84 GT350 2.3T convertible

It's pretty cool how they did the show. When we went to the first one last year had no idea what to expect with bringing the two different crowds together. When we got there we were kind of pissed at first because we thought we would park with the mustangs together and the camaro's together. Turned out they were parking the two cars together mixing them up every other spot. Logic behind it was to make it so the two crowds had to inter mingle with each other and not just stay within there group. Ther logic worked out great with parking and actually made it alot of fun.