Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by LiLJoe306 View Post
    wow great job, your car has gone a long way. Great Job.
    Thanks

But as you can see I still have a long way until I finish the car. I just keep working on the car little by little.
    85 Mustang GT T-Top - 2.3 Turbo - In Progress
    88 Mustang GT 331 Stroker

FEP Super Member

Wow man, that is starting to look like a complete car again! Bet it feels nice to see it like this, and also gets you all itchy for the end so that you can drive it!
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

I am soooooo ready to drive the car its crazy. I didnt get much done this weekend but I will be working on it little by little to get it finished. i should be buying my weatherstripping kit at the end of the month so I will have that to put in the car soon.

Small UPDATE

I got to go to the pull a parts yesterday and got a few things for the car including: driveshaft (since the one I had didnt fit), transmission mount (the original one was broken), and Driver Side body molding (it was broken and needed to be replaced)

I also was able to installed the Power Locks in the car so now I have power doors and windows YEAH. Also installed the transmission mount and crossmember for the final time

I hope to be able install the rest of the interior and exhaust in the car next weekend

Sorry Guys for no updates lately

I haven't been able to work on the car lately with my me additional to family on the 22nd. I had a little baby girl, so most of my time as been dedicated to her. I did find some time yesterday to do a small amount of work on the car.

I fixed my oil leak that I had the the oil feed line. Ran the O2 sensor negative feed line that I just found out that was part of the rewiring on the harness, but still need to finish soldering it together. I also just finished making my CAI myself, so I should have pics up for you guys to see soon. I hope to replace the injector fuel rail soon since it is leaking and start the car again to time it.

FEP Super Member

Life is an understandable reason for lack of progress. Congrats on your new daughter.......enjoy her as too soon they grow and are gone.
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

WE HAVE MOVEMENT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have finally got the car on the ground for the first time in 2 years. Its great to see that the car is finally coming along to being almost finished. I finished installing the rearend and driveshaft. Made my own custom exhaust that will be temporary until I get it rerun out the LX tails I have. I also started on the weatherstripping on the car which is a royally pain in the a$$ to do. I have the doors finished and half the passenger side body weatherstripping done. I hope to have the weatherstripping finished this weekend.

Also finished a battery hold down, wire hiding, and my custom cold air. So the engine is finally FINISHED!!!!!!!!!

Neat thread - I just skimmed the build over the full 7 pages. Keep up the good work!
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Update:

I have been able to get a little more work done on the car. I got my radiator fixed and installed the dual fan setup. Just need to wire the fans up now. I have also been working on getting the weatherstripping installed in the car. I have about 90% of it done now just need to finish the glass.

Now for the pics:

I hope you guys enjoy the progress....

86 50CPRI

looks good!

Thanks

Im going this weekend to pick up the last couple parts that I need to finish up the car.

Need:

Right LX Tail Light
    82 Hood Scoop
    Instrument Cluster

Then I can install the hood and do the modifications I need to do for the custom top mount intercooler ram air. I hope to have it drivable in the next couple weeks.

Its been a while since I have updated you guys on the car. I have gotten a lot done recently. Basically finished most of the body work and weatherstripping on the car.

I drove the car for the first time on Saturday right to the alignment shop to get aligned. Now its almost road worthy. There are a couple issues with the car but have been working them out. I hope to have it completed soon but at least it can be driven now.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job. Amazing build. I just recently picked up a 86gt that i am going to be roughly doing the same thing. starting with it completely striped and going from there. Keep up the work can't wait to see it finished.

nice work

86 50CPRI

Great, Now lets see some updated pics!

Bump.
    Its been 7 years
    1984 Mustang LX
    302, Holley 4bbl 600 vac sec
    B&M C4 R servo
    Shorty Headers
    MSD Box and Coil
    Scorpion Roller Rockers 1.6
    Crower Cam 472 112 seperation