Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hahaha, love it! sweet colors, awesome hood, fantastic shape!
    1983 Mercury Capri Crimson Cat 5.0 4 speed t tops
    1986 Mercury Capri GS 5.0 5 speed
    4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft, flowmaster cat back, fms headers, pro 5.0 shifter, tokico suspension, o/r h-pipe
    1990 Ford Mustang notch 5.0 5 speed
    pro 5.0 shifter, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear, ud pulleys, prothane mounts, mac headers, flowmaster cat back, o/r h-pipe, lowered
    1971 IH Scout 800b all original 232 thrift six 3 speed
    1992 Honda Civic VX 1.5 vtecE 5 spd
    2001 Honda Insight Hybrid.. Best ave. 87.1 mpg!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dburdyshaw View Post
    I've read the posts over and over ---- but it just hit me that you said "Lincoln Versailles" ---- especially since most people have never heard of one much less seen one!

Wow.

And I want one bad. Most that I ever see come up for sale are rust buckets. There's a place in Clearwater called LincolnLand that I visit from time to time. They end up with a lot of "time capsule" (luv tht term) cars (mostly Lincoln Mercury cars).
    Yeah and in keeping with not hurting your feelings or making you hate me for associating with a demo butcher i won't even tell you what happened to the one that used to sit in my back yard. before what happened happened it was a 8 out 10 for shape & not one spot of rust my buddy bought it at a police auction for 500 bucks. I am still trying to talk him into selling me the 9'' in the car before he does what he does
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

Quote Originally Posted by theemustangman View Post
    Yeah and in keeping with not hurting your feelings or making you hate me for associating with a demo butcher i won't even tell you what happened to the one that used to sit in my back yard. before what happened happened it was a 8 out 10 for shape & not one spot of rust my buddy bought it at a police auction for 500 bucks. I am still trying to talk him into selling me the 9'' in the car before he does what he does
    <<< reaches for the cold cloth to put on my forehead and eyes that Bicardi bottle.

yeah sorry again D he also had a beautifal rust free cordoba with t-tops that was some special edition car that was called like an eliminator or something like that, that i talked him out of demoing
    the car still sits if you know anyone interested but it needs a resto she might be rusting now she sat in the grass for a year now
    Last edited by theemustangman; 05-10-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added text
    No Longer a 4I Owner

yeah sorry again D he also had a beautifal rust free cordoba with t-tops that was some special edition car that i talked him out of demoing the car still sits if you know anyone interested but it needs a resto she might be rusting now she sat in the grass for a year now
    Like any restored car, those could be cool (especially the t-topped ones) ---- though, since replacement parts arent readily available, restoration is exxxpensive.

He needs to get it out of the grass though ---- even if he just lays a couple of sheets of aluminum siding (or something) down and parks it on it. Cars need something under them to keep the moisture down and let the breeze blow under them. (Yes, I'm sure you already know this)

yeah he has no concern for cars like this he could care less, ya know i came to a realization about him and demo'n i told him this winter i would no longer have anything to do with him and his demo'n , cause it is a conflict with my car beliefs and the demo guys destroy so many rare mopars and stuff that i hate it i tried tellin him to move the car but he refuses he will just let it rot away sadly

EDIT: Although i did benefit and get a 89 roller block out of a marquis he wrecked so i guilty to for my own gain
    Last edited by theemustangman; 05-10-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

I have a center console like that at my house out of a lincoln versaille blue i think i agree that the car has a def. cool look to it i like the scoop, and yes the carpet is off it is not the pic IMHO
    Well, if you want the rest of the car, here 'tis . . .

Linky Versailles

If I remember correctly, the Ford Granada was my first 'car crush' I ever had. So I still have a sweet spot for them. This one is very nice. A tad pricey but most likely worth it to someone.
    Last edited by escogt; 05-11-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

I say "buy it" I love it. It is one cool car.
    1982 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by escogt View Post
    If I remember correctly, the Ford Granada was my first 'car crush' I ever had. So I still have a sweet spot for them. This one is very nice. A tad pricey but most likely worth it it to someone.
    I'm having a hard time justifying $5000.

If he'd agree to $3000, we might just have a deal.

anybody agree or disagree?

I'm having a hard time justifying $5000.

If he'd agree to $3000, we might just have a deal.
    anybody agree or disagree?
    i agree $3000 is a good price, but its at $2750 right now with over a day left. i highly doubt he will take 3000 end it right now.

it may be actually worth the $5000 he wants, if it is as nice as it really looks in the pictures.

the best thing to do, is if you are interested, is --- depending on what its up to with less time left --- is bid as much as you are willing to go. if you "win" but do not meet the reserve, maybe then he could be willing to make a deal with you for an agreed price.
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

Yeah, that's a good method.

That last day can really jack the price.

Yeah, that's a good method.

That last day can really jack the price.
    the last 10 seconds can make a difference

we sold a boss 302 tunnel ram intake on evilbay a while ago

it was up to around $150, and we hit refresh with like, 5-10 seconds left and we saw $250.00
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1982 niGhTmare View Post
    i agree $3000 is a good price, but its at $2750 right now with over a day left. i highly doubt he will take 3000 end it right now.

it may be actually worth the $5000 he wants, if it is as nice as it really looks in the pictures.

the best thing to do, is if you are interested, is --- depending on what its up to with less time left --- is bid as much as you are willing to go. if you "win" but do not meet the reserve, maybe then he could be willing to make a deal with you for an agreed price.
    That is a similar method to what I did the one time I bought a car on ebay. I bid exactly what I was comfortable paying. It turned out I was above his reserve. I put in a low bid because I really didn't care if I one or not I thought it was a really cool car. It was way below my bid until some moron in the last 10 mins puts in a ton of bids. He missed mine by $40. He should have just put in what he was willing to pay instead of chipping away. Oh well, that was for my turbo hatchback and it turned out great for me I got a car I now love for a good price. The seller wasn't disappointed too much either, but he was clearly not overjoyed with the sale price either, so I probably did ok. Sorry for babbling.
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback
    84 Tan 5.0 GT convertible
    84 GT350 2.3T convertible

My first car was a '78 Granada, 4door, str8 six, baby blue with baby blue interior. That car was great. I like this one on ebay, but think its worth in the $2500 range.
    ‘86 GT Vert, '89 LX 5.0

Wow. While groovy, I'm not sure if I would personally own one.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

FEP Member

I'd rock it as a daily driver...
    99 gt with 03 cobra swap and tko600
    05 Saleen Stage II Procharged
    04 Durango
    01 CRV

I love the look/condition - can't wait to see how it turns out. Good luck dburdyshaw!
    '83 Hatch - PBR Front/GT rear disc, Steeda Sport Springs, Tokico Blues, MM CC plates, 87+ sway bars

I'm watching.

It's at $2750 right now but, as some of y'all have said, we've got that "evil" last day still to go ---- which will probably blow me out of the water.

I'm a serious buyer but there is a ceiling.

I like to use AuctionSniper on Ebay. If you put a bid in, days in advance, I found that it drives the price up. It also lessens my chance of winning.

With AuctionSniper, I put in my maximum bid and walk away. Nobody knows you're interested till 5 seconds before the end of the auction. I've had better results using this method!
    1979 Mustang Cobra - 5.0L HO, 5 speed
    1979 Indy Pace Car - 2.3L, 4 speed (parts car)

Past cars:
    1969 Mach 1
    1966 Mustang GT Fastback

My Dad had a 78 or 79 Granada ESS 5.0 in emerald green with the steel rally wheels. These were cool because they had louvered side windows, sport steering wheel, dual mirrors etc. This was when I first got my license and my Mom had 79 Vette, but I would always want to drive the Granada over the Vette because it would actually squeal the tires unlike the Vette! I would love to have the ESS now!!

http://www.gmv-registry.com/146/21617.html

That's a good looking car. I would leave it just as is.
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

six and a half hours left.

still 2750
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast