Close

Default Did they make an '85 Boss 302 ?

When I was in high school, there were 3 brothers who's wealthy father bought each of them a brand new Mustang in 1985 (each different colours, white, black, and canyon red) Each was loaded, 5-speed, and I distinctly remember the hood decals...it was the standard charcoal hood decal, but instead of "GT" is said "Boss 302". If I remember anything about this car, I remember the BOSS 302 above anything. Of course, the spoiled jerks trashed or wrecked the cars.

I always wondered about this, so I hope someone knows what I'm talking about

Thanks !

Scott
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT
    Medium Canyon Red Metallic Exterior ~ Sand Beige / Buckskin Interior

It sounds like a dealer added option to me. Maybe dad had a Boss 302 nostalgia?

Most likley...now that I think of it, its possible the cars may have been 86's... I just remember it was my sophomore year of high school which was back in '85. Holy crap...I got OLD !
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT

What part of the country was this? Some dealers just put Boss 302 stickers on cars and jacked up the price. Others like Lee's Summit Ford in Kansas City, actually modified cars and put their own Dominator stickers on cars to charge more for them. So anything is possible.
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

I believe they were purchased here in the Chicagoland area...most likely the west suburbs...

Scott
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT