Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Well, the '92 5.0 has been dropped in but I'll have to find a cheap scattershield or a regular clutch since my twin disc setup won't clear a factory bellhousing.... and then I have to get a decent T5 to throw behind it all and get it running. I plan to get the car running over the next few months and I'll run it with a stock 5.0 until I can afford a new Coyote 5.0 setup......
    Even still, it will make some respectable power with the standalone through the stock 5.0 and I will do a few budget tricks to it while putting it together to squeeze as much power as I can out of it. It'd be crazy to see a 300hp near stock pushrod 5.0, wouldn't it?!?!? I just wonder if it's possible and what would be necessary.
    As is this motor had already made 222/280 at the wheels with just pulleys, FRPP shorty headers, off road H pipe and flowmasters.
    I plan to open up the stock upper, as per Tmoss, add a 65mm TB, retard the stock cam a couple of degrees, 1.72 roller rockers, upgraded beehive valve springs and retainers, and tune the crap out of it. I'm sure I can pull an extra 30-40hp out of that stuff, but I should be sitting at about 250hp at the crank right now. Does an extra 50hp seem to be asking too much?
    1986 GT T-Top 5.0, waiting on trans and IRS swap.
    1988 GT Ragtop, 5.0, T5, 3.73, 03 Cobras with Nittos
    1989 LX Ragtop, 5.0, AOD, shift kit, Pony wheels, baby cam, X pipe and Flowbasterds.
    1984 SVO needs TLC

Thats awesome!! And you would be surprised what a little tuning and tweaking can gain here and there. I dont think its unrealistic, you never know!
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Well, if anyone cares...... my old 351W with a 76mm On3 Turbo kit, custom box upper and 3" Borla's made 537rwhp and 621lb ft at the wheels running out of fuel!!!!! And that's at only 10.5lbs of boost! I'm very proud of it, and I can't wait to update the fuel system to squeeze out some more boost and HP

On the 302 route, I think it's entirely possible with the right parts and tweeking Bill. I just hope I can get some time and funds to put the damn thing together over the winter!!!! Thanks dude!
    1989 LX Ragtop, 5.0, AOD, shift kit, Pony wheels, baby cam, X pipe and Flowbasterds.
    1984 SVO needs TLC

Quote Originally Posted by Syco Stang View Post
    Well, if anyone cares...... my old 351W with a 76mm On3 Turbo kit, custom box upper and 3" Borla's made 537rwhp and 621lb ft at the wheels running out of fuel!!!!! And that's at only 10.5lbs of boost! I'm very proud of it, and I can't wait to update the fuel system to squeeze out some more boost and HP

On the 302 route, I think it's entirely possible with the right parts and tweeking Bill. I just hope I can get some time and funds to put the damn thing together over the winter!!!! Thanks dude!
    Anytime!! those numbers are awesome!! Definately keep us posted with its progress!!
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Thanks!
    I think I've decided the quickest and easiest way to get to 300HP would be to bolt on my brother's Weiand Stealth and a nice 600cfm carb on it. Since I'm swapping an EFI setup on my brothers car, all the super clean parts from my motor would be a welcome addition. We're both going to go the Coyote 5.0 route anyways, so I think this will keep costs down and get to my goals as a fine intermediary setup. I hope we can crack 350 at the crank with my bro's Capri and his stock cammed 302 setup, through a stock appearing upper intake. It'll be a mild year, I'll get our suspensions/brakes sorted this year and next we'll do the Coyote swaps. That will be a wild year!
    1984 SVO needs TLC

Man, hope U are able to remember where everything goes, cause I would be lost. LOL

Just getting back to work on the '86 now. Started to organize the garage a bit and trying to see what goes where, and put whichever parts go with it in a couple of plastic bins. I've got a couple of projects on the go right now so it was a mess.
    It looks like I am going to run the Weiand Stealth, a 600cfm 4160 Holley, FRPP shorties, 2.5" off road h into Mac cat back, rebuild a T5 and throw that in. I am swapping noses with a nice spare I picked up a while back, and am going to try really hard to get it painted soon. I need to buy a new clutch, resurface the flywheel, and install all the parts. Also looking for a pair of front seats, carpet, and t-top weather stripping. I will probably throw a nitrous kit on it since I have one laying around. Here's what she looked like today:
    1984 SVO needs TLC

nice project....keep the pics rolling
    84 Mustang GT (needs restored)
    1986 True Blue Vert

You'll still be running the 351? Any progress on your bro's Capri?

BTW, if those LX tailpies are 2.5", want to trade for my 2.5" Mac's with 3" chrome tips? I'm throwing in some Dynomax VT's and 2.5" tails soon so I'll be looking to get rid of my Mac setup.
    Brian

1982 Capri 5.0L
    1965 Fastback project car - more rusty than not

No, I sold that to a customer. I slapped a turbo on it and it put down 640hp @ 5900 and 715lb ft at 3900 running out of fuel. I'm gonna putz around this year with the stock 5.0 and maybe some spray. Maybe I'll end up going efi with it and using that stand alone I've had for a while now.
    Those are actually stock tail pipes.
    The Capri should be going in to get the frame straightened out soon, then finish it up and paint.... Maybe another month if things go well.
    1984 SVO needs TLC

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Syco Stang View Post
    No, I sold that to a customer. I slapped a turbo on it and it put down 640hp @ 5900 and 715lb ft at 3900 running out of fuel. I'm gonna putz around this year with the stock 5.0 and maybe some spray. Maybe I'll end up going efi with it and using that stand alone I've had for a while now.
    Those are actually stock tail pipes.
    The Capri should be going in to get the frame straightened out soon, then finish it up and paint.... Maybe another month if things go well.

If that 302 survives the summer assault might have an interest in it. Way too many stock 1000$ "rebuilt 302" on kijiji haha.
    4 cyl t5 any interest?
    You really need to swing out my way and talk to my g/f's uncle I'm sure you can find something interesting.
    1985 Mustang Canadian Cobra
    It ain't Pretty but it doesn't care

Well, as I was pulling the stock EFI lower off that low mileage 302 I broke a lower intake bolt. So off came the heads, I removed the bolt at my old workplace and also did a light bowl blend, removed the thermactor hump, back cut the valves and added upgraded valve springs and new seals.
    The heads are back on the motor with the Weiand intake. I have to finish cleaning the carb, put that back together and install it. I have decided to run my old BBK 1 3/4" 351 swap long tubes on the little 302, through the 2.5 h pipe and mac exhaust.

I've had some bad luck with T5's lately, so I'm rebuilding one of them (I blew up 2 recently) and when that's done it's going in the car with a new Ford Racing clutch kit. I have to move soon so I'm hoping to have the car on the road before the end of the month.
    1984 SVO needs TLC

looking good!!!!!! sounds like a good plan.
    --Bill

The motor is back together, new Motorsport clutch kit, a trans is installed, exhaust is back together with the big long tubes. Tomorrow I hit the fuel system, put the carb back together, finish the cooling system, install the distributor and coil, change the engine oil and fill the trans and it should fire up and run!!! I'll post some pics once I get it back together.
    1984 SVO needs TLC

AWESOME!!!! Congrats!!
    --Bill

It runs! And it sounds pretty mean as well.
    I'll try to get some pics up soon and maybe a video. Tomorrow I button it all up, bleed the cooling system and tune the carb, wire up the Mark VIII fan, 3G alt wiring upgrade, run stereo wiring and drop in a temporary carpet. If I have time I will also swap the front nose with a cleaner unit I picked up a while back. Gonna see what I can do to get it to pass an inspection so I can register, plate and insure it.
    1984 SVO needs TLC

VERY AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to see some pics!
    --Bill

Sorry to disappoint folks! Bit of a story...... The car is coming apart again, this time to donate it's engine and trans to my '88 GT vert. The motor in the '86 runs fantastic and the trans looks to have been rebuilt at some point.
    I popped third gear a few months back, and the motor just feels real tired. Plus, work has been thin for months so the car just sat a while.
    When it's cold out, at first start it (the '88.) burbles like it's got a B-303 in there and then smooths out when it's warm. I suspect valve seat leaks, probably carbon build up on the valves and just wear. That car needs a bit of love, engine bay freshened up and interior finished, much less than my '86 needs to be road worthy. I figure toss an Explorer intake and frame connectors on it and drive it for a month. Then, rebuild this spare 302 with some decent heads and toss a little turbo on it and stuff it all into my 86.
    I'm going to hold off on my Coyote swap cuz I want to build a motorcycle project over the winter. I figure I could piece together my complete turbo 5.0 setup for under $1000 in parts, and I already have a stand alone I could use. I'll rebuild the T5 and hope it holds up! Then I've got to get the weatherstripping kit and finish my interior and I'll be happy for a little while. I've got all winter to get it together, I just hope it's not like all the other times in this thread I've said "yeah, it'll take a few more weeks to get it on the road" LOL
    1984 SVO needs TLC

Best of luck to ya!! Hope it all pans out, know how plans can change so quickly.
    --Bill

Good luck.
    84 5.0 ( currently restoring)
    86 Toyota 4x4
    02 Lexus is300

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567