Close

View Poll Results: Which Heads For 347 Stroker?!

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • GT40 P (Steel)

4 14.81%
  • Patriot Performance (Aluminum)

9 33.33%
  • Pro-Comp (Aluminum)

6 22.22%
  • World Windsor Sr.'s (Steel)

9 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Finally Got the granatelli k-member sent back to them on friday 8-14-09 $154
    Purchased Hydroboost Setup Out of a 2003 GT From JY mocked it up in 82 and bolts line up just perfect the only thing needed to be done for it to fit is drill a hole for the locating pin on the booster!!!
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

DID A LITTLE WORK TO THE HYDROBOOST BRAKE SETUP TODAY
    Here is the mounting plate for the hydrobooster, it has been wire wheeled and cleaned for paint

Here Is the Plate after painting it

Here is the main body of the booster before cleaning and painting

And here is the finished hydrobooster setup reassembled and finished
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Parts Purchased (08-21-09)
    Last edited by theemustangman; 10-31-2009 at 01:40 AM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

86 50CPRI

looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by 86 50CPRI View Post
    looks good!
    Thanks! Slowly but surely!

So i emailed GMS More than two days ago, as of 5:30pm no response, so i sent another email to Jack Salgado, Return Merch. Manager, and no more than 5 mins later i had a response. They are sending me a new K-member and a-arms and upgrading me too there platinum series, and throwing in a bunch of free stuff like stickers and shirts etc. so overall i am pleased with GMS not to happy i had to send the first one back but they made it right after realizing the one i had, had issues
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Finally got my replacement K-member from GMS, honest i am a little pissed that it is silver, the black one matched perfect, and honestly i am not gonna paint it till i redo the body so. but i checked the square on the rack & Pinion bolt holes and they are out of square 1/16'' thats better than the quarter it was out before

No Longer a 4I Owner

Parts ordered today from FMR
    1979-93 Door Hinge Pin Kit with Bushings
    1979-93 Taillight Lens Retainer and Sealer Kit
    1979-93 Hatchback Weatherstrip
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Also Last week Bought
    Rear Louvers Off FEP
    Taillights Off FEP
    Rear Shock access Covers (black) eBay
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Default More Parts Yesterday

Odered And Picked Up More Parts Today
    Last edited by theemustangman; 10-31-2009 at 01:39 AM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Default Reinstalled K-Member Today among other things

Finally Got Some work done again
    K-Member went in smooth, the rack mounting holes were still off 1/16'' of an inch but that is minor in comparison to what it was,

A-Arms went on nice except minor sleeve fitment issuewith K-member nothing a little force won't take care of!! we Greased The A-Arms and slid the K-Member Back Under the car and re-installed it

The A-Arms matched right back up to the spindles, and we tightened those

The SN95 rack went ok except the 7'' Bolts i bought from fastenal were a touch to big for the Metric holes on the k-member, nothing a little tap with the hammer won't fix to remove the powdercoat inside the holes

The MM Hybrid Shaft slid right back on No Hassles
    after everthing with the k-member was re-installed and tightened, we Moved on to Installing the

Brand New National brand Hub Assemblies, while removing the old spindle i found out why i had gotten them for so cheap the hubs were bad-no problem i planned on new ones anyways

The Calipers On The Other Hand, we ran Into an issue of all the parts i bought, no one supplied me with new or used caliper bolts off to the Bolt Bin we go to find four Metric sized and threaded bolts Found em and mounted the loaded calipers

The MM Brake kit though was a hassle it said these were no mod brake hoses well not on my 82 they weren't we had to "massage" the brackets to get the hoses to fit, tightened and connected as instucted checked for clearance issues, none!! awesome

Now Onto the HYDROBOOST From the 03 GT, we had to massage the main opening with a die grinder to clear the rubber boot itself then mounted it straight up, pedal and all, nice fit!!

(BTW Yes i know the front is hooked to the rear on the MC temp brake set up to stop car from rollin)

So then we had the GT40P conversation and to see if we could possibly get the car running before winter, Crossin my fingers!!!

Thanks for reading Guys and Girls More updates to come thanks!!!
    Last edited by theemustangman; 10-31-2009 at 01:39 AM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

86 50CPRI

nice rotors
    Coming along nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by 86 50CPRI View Post
    nice rotors
    those are ones i got from MPS With the brake kit, which i used none of except those, used the calipers for cores on new ones and the stock rubber hoses got chucked on the shelf ha ha ha, i am gonna get drilled and slotted rotors for the front and rear!!
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Default Timing Cover Mod

Opps
    Last edited by theemustangman; 10-31-2009 at 01:38 AM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Default TC Mod On Wrong Cover

So like in my other thread i posted in about the TC Mod, i started on the wrong cover finding out it was damaged and from a 1968 302 rather than my 82 like i thought so now i gotta do it all over again ha ha but anyways here are some pics of what i got done before i thought it was the right cover
    Last edited by theemustangman; 10-31-2009 at 01:37 AM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Bought Some Parts Today For Head And Valve Train Install
    Last edited by theemustangman; 10-31-2009 at 01:37 AM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Ordered More Parts Today! Near 5K worth
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Default Little Bit Of Work & Alot Of Parts Today

I took today off as my son will be born friday and i wanted to get some work in before he comes.

"The Valve Guide Seal Saga"
    Started With The P's today, starting with installing the Correct Valve Guide Seals for the gt40p heads (fel-pro Part#72683) get the first set on one head then we go on to the next step of putting the valves In, wel starting with the Intake we put the valve in and proceed to slip the Valve Springs on, well with the inner spring the Proper seals will not work, they will NOT slip over the seal.

So previously i had purchased some Comp Cams (503-16) Valve Guide Seals, prior to today we did not think they would work, so scrambling through the shop we look for the 503's they are nowhere to be found and for the life of me i can not remember were I put them since we thought the 72683's were the right ones.

So off In The LHS I Go to my storage facility looking for them, DAMN IT!! NOTHING!!! Well Just at that same moment i realized that they were still sitting on the dash in the car so back i go to the shop.

At first site and measure they are looking like i need to send the heads back to the machine shop, well after further inspection by my fearless cohort, we proceed to install them. with the first on being the guinea pig for what is the easiest way to put them on either by socket or socket and hammer, needless to say the seals are teflon, unlike the 72683's so i am sure you know were the story goes from here.

We Get every 503 we have on and the valves put in up until the last Valve (intake) we see that this valve has a scar in the side, that if left that way will tear the seal of in no time flat.

So off to the local speed shop i go (nearly an hour drive yet only 35 miles away) after some phone calls i had no luck on shortening the trip by finding one stashed away at some local parts store. So upon arriving to the shop i show him the valve and say "do you have one of these?" so after a half hour of rifling thru the shelves with the owner, we didn't find one, so onto the next question "do you have any Comp 503's?" well he only sells them in sets. so he starts rifling thru the back and low and behold after closer parts matching we find LS1's valve guide seals are nearly identical (Ford .530 Chev .531) big deal so back to the shop i go

I get back and my buddy has the motor out trying to get the Timing Gear set on so we could degree the cam, needless to say we left the seals and the last valve till it arrives tomorrow. So through further work we get the cam degreed and find out what part of the block needs clearancing for the idler buttons ( part of the front main cap casting needs just a small notch removed to rest the idler button on the block)

That ends todays Episode "The Valve Guide Seal Saga" on " As the Crankshaft Turns" LOL

Tune in for the next episode "The Evil GT40P Twins"
    Last edited by theemustangman; 11-04-2009 at 11:17 PM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Default UPS & FEDex Arrive

Along with getting some work done today, alot of my parts arrived from www.summitracing.com
    ***UPS***
    Dizzy
    Steel Gear to replace cast Gear on Dizzy
    Elec. Fan
    Elec. Water Pump
    Elec. Water Pump Wiring Kit
    750 Carb & Calibration Kit
    T5 Bell
    Plug Wires
    Clutch Cable
    Quadrant
    Cable Adjuster
    Clutch Fork
    Bottle of "Purple Ice"
    Poly Motor & Trans Mounts

***FEDex Freight***
    Brand New T5

***Still Waiting To Arrive***
    11/20/2009 www.summitracing.com
    Zoom ZVT Clutch

ALSO!!!! I forgot to mention I Dropped the SVO Seats off to get recovered, with vinyl as near to a match as they could get with custom center section of the seat (perforated area) using rare Chyrsler Material in the middle (Waterproof Red Mesh w/ Black Backing) Upon Inspection we found the side bolsters still work along with the rubber bladder for the lower back area. I will post pics when i get the money to pick them up Also the Halo's I purchased From V8only (Thanks Jeremy) are being dyed to match the vinyl Seats.

Not to mention i am very frustrated about getting my car going before too much snow hits the ground so i can get the motor broke in before she gets put on jackstands in storage till spring
    Last edited by theemustangman; 11-10-2009 at 09:46 PM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Default Motor Is Comin Together

My Buddy Got My motor partially assembled, he bolted the heads on with no head gasket to check for valve clearence, good awesome amount of Valve clearance we got the heads all assembled and the pushrods i was given for free were damn near 2'' too long when i got em i never thought about that the came out of a 351 and a flat tappet motor so yeah they wouldn't work ha ha ha, i guess the evil GT40P Twins ended up being angels after all!! I ordered the 6 1/4'' long pushrods, from Summit, they are comp cams hi-tech pushrods and cost a buck forty............A BUCK FORTY!!!! WTF??? anyways the motor will be in within a week, but the new trans can't go in till my ZOOM Clutch shows up and it won't be even shipped to summit till the 20th so we got a bit to wait............... that it for today guys and gals thanks and here are acouple pics!!!!

No Longer a 4I Owner

got more assembly done on the motor today check it out here are some pics!!!!

No Longer a 4I Owner

Looking good, I like the sheetmetal valve covers alot

Most of this arrived on time and is inline to be installed LOL

Tri-ax Shifter Handle
    SS Braided Brake Line Kit For 8.8
    Billet Flywheel
    Direct Fit Aluminum Radiator
    Mac Headers

Also ordered
    pushrods
    coil
    wiring kit

picked up from the local parts store
    autolite plugs
    edelbrock fuel line
    water neck
    stat
    stat gasket
    permatex anaerobic
    2) 1/4'' pipe plugs
    2) 3/8'' pipe plugs
    2) 1/2'' pipe plugs
    had the intake power cleaned in a cuda machine
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL8286 View Post
    Looking good, I like the sheetmetal valve covers alot
    thanks!!!
    nice coupe in the avatar!!!!!
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Default A Few More Items Bolted up Today

Well We will start off with a pic today!

we would have got more done but we worked from 8am to 11am today and a good portion of that we spent trying to get an ARP Manifold Bolt out of the head, something bound up one of the bolts so we had to drill and tap the head out for a heli-coil so we could get a new bolt put back in, luckily it was just a manifold bolt and just one and nothing more critical........ so after all of that frustration we ended the day early at 11 am besides it let me hunt down some more parts today Like
    more 1/4'' pipe plugs
    wix oil filter
    dei spark plug heat boots
    some random brake fitting and lines
    a push in rubber/metal oil fill cap for the sheetmetal valve covers
    and a ford racing dowel pin kit for the ram flywheel

and i also found stashed in his shop an actaul FORD MOTORSPORT dead pedal!!!!!!!!!! that was a cool find and it has only $12 bucks!!!!!! he has had it for so long he just wanted it gone!!!

thats it for today the fun starts back at 7:30 tomorrow!!!
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Default LONG DAY

First Things first, i started the day off by being late to the shop, i got there at 8:00, then to top the morning my buddies combine was acting up so we tackled that first, he has an old IH combine, and the manual control for striping the husks would not travel up and down far enough, so we spent 2 hrs, trying to figure out how it was binding, we fixed that then took it out in the field to finish the corn then we took lunch early so we didn't even start on the motor till 11:30

First we tackled was the oil pan, the CFRperformance oil pan, does not really accommodate the use of a stock style dipstick, so we had too massage that area so it would sit down enough to actually work.

Next was too insure we had all oil holes plugged before filling and priming the motor. Much to my dismay we had to reuse that ugly oil sender and the extension tube, worst part is it's still purple from the old motor.

So onto filling the motor with Brad Penn break-in oil and some regular oil, we started priming, till every rocker was covered in oil.

Next we dropped the dist. in and clocked it as close to stock as we could, not hard but just remember to coat the gear in Comp Cams lube before dropping it in or you may harm the gear, this is an addendum in the MSD Dist manual and in all cases with MSD's. so thats done

Next was the energy suspension Motor mounts, one had to be massaged just a bit on the driver side of the motor, four arp bolts later and they are on!

Next we started installing the headers, MY GOSH i wish every header could be installed with the motor out it is so easy LOL we had to grind the brand new Ford Racing Dipstick mount for it mount correctly with the MAC "P" headers. it really looks Mint now!!!

Next to last step just for the cool factor we installed the wires and the heat boots!!!!

Lastly we set the rocker covers temporarily to cover them since we have not received the breathers i ordered from edelbrock yet. also i decided that we will use a rubber push in style oil fill cap, to allow for easier fills.

Then we cleaned the shop up so we could roll the car back into the shop to start on the brakes tomorrow. and then onto stuff that will be easier before the motor drops in this weekend!!!

I rambled enough here are the pics enjoy!!!!!

Last edited by theemustangman; 11-12-2009 at 10:33 PM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast