Close

Default adjusting window track?

my windows are wobbling against the weather stripping.. at speed there is a big gap between the window and the rubber at the back of the window where it meets the door. (t-top car) are there any good writeups on how to adjust the windows? they also drop whenever i lower the windows.. they drop about 5 inches then lower normally.
    1986 Mustang GT t-top daily driver
    1982 Mustang GT - 86 lookalike weekend warrior on slicks

former cars:
    1985 mustang gt stockish 302 *sold
    1987 mustang lx coupe 408w c4 *stolen
    1999 camaro ss MTI 402 LS6 *sold

The factory t-top waterleak guide (which I believe is still on this site) shows how to adjust the windows. Be prepared for several hours of cussing while adjusting and constantly putting the window up and down, opening the door and closing it, then putting the window up and down with the door shut..... I'll bet i've got 20 hours or so into mine over 5 or 6 occasions. They still aren't perfect I think because of the crappy LRS weatherstripping, but they only leak a little now. When I bought the car they had a 3/8" gap between the top of the glass and the weatherstrip, and didn't even touch at the back. Adjusting these windows has to be one of the worst things about a t-top car.