Close

Default Who is restoring the side molding for fox body mustangs???

I can't find the thread or the info on who can restore your flexible side moldings. I think I just need my door moldings done...the very edge or corner on 2 are peeling up just a tiny...I want to fix them so that don't start to lift. My 85 notch finally goes to paint in a couple of weeks so I want to fix the moldings to make them nice.

Thanks,
    John
    John McBride

Midnite Octane - "Fuel Your Imagination!"
    www.midniteoctane.com

Neither here nor there

FMR does this service, contact Matt

Quote Originally Posted by capriman86 View Post
    FMR does this service, contact Matt
    do they also install new metal backing as well? I have that same very slight thing happening as well at the corner, and would like to take care of mine as well when I get the Capri painted. Otherwise, I was thinking they'd stay on the car when it gets paint.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    do they also install new metal backing as well? I have that same very slight thing happening as well at the corner, and would like to take care of mine as well when I get the Capri painted. Otherwise, I was thinking they'd stay on the car when it gets paint.
    Yep, they replace the metal backing plates. They even told me you don't have to be careful taking them off for them to restore them.
    '86 Mustang GT T-Top, 5-lug Cobra brake swap done
    '96 Mustang Cobra 302rwhp 296rwtq, Sold and missed
    '11 Mustang GT/CS, Traded and will be missed
    '13 Taurus SHO, Performance Pack, hit and run, totalled
    '17 Fusion Sport, Livernois tune, Steeda CAI, Steeda Rear Swaybar, Big Mouth Ram Air, GFB+ valve, Steeda Catch can, TTR FMIC (Garrett Core)

I have restored them before, it takes time and patience and tools, so if you want to know more and diy pm me.
    1983 Mercury Capri Crimson Cat 5.0 4 speed t tops
    1986 Mercury Capri GS 5.0 5 speed
    4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft, flowmaster cat back, fms headers, pro 5.0 shifter, tokico suspension, o/r h-pipe
    1990 Ford Mustang notch 5.0 5 speed
    pro 5.0 shifter, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear, ud pulleys, prothane mounts, mac headers, flowmaster cat back, o/r h-pipe, lowered
    1971 IH Scout 800b all original 232 thrift six 3 speed
    1992 Honda Civic VX 1.5 vtecE 5 spd
    2001 Honda Insight Hybrid.. Best ave. 87.1 mpg!!!!!

Hey Great!!! Thanks guys, I think I will only need to have the ones on the doors redone to be perfect. They are in excellent shape but again one has the corner just starting a little bit. Plus taking them off even carefully may or may not damage them slightly. I'm really taking the time with this one and want it done right the first time. After being patient for 5 years she is finally going to paint. Can't wait!!!

Thanks again,
    John
    John McBride

Midnite Octane - "Fuel Your Imagination!"
    www.midniteoctane.com

Some of mine broke so if I cant get any from this guy before he leaves this place, I probably wont be able to get any

These were done by FMR. They put new metal on. They even found a nick in one of the pieces I sent that I missed and let me know so I could send them another one to be reconditioned.

unfortunately, 85/86 mouldings are different. It shrinks when you remove the metal.

wow nice moldings! Those are mint baby!
    1983 Mercury Capri Crimson Cat 5.0 4 speed t tops
    1986 Mercury Capri GS 5.0 5 speed
    4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft, flowmaster cat back, fms headers, pro 5.0 shifter, tokico suspension, o/r h-pipe
    1990 Ford Mustang notch 5.0 5 speed
    pro 5.0 shifter, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear, ud pulleys, prothane mounts, mac headers, flowmaster cat back, o/r h-pipe, lowered
    1971 IH Scout 800b all original 232 thrift six 3 speed
    1992 Honda Civic VX 1.5 vtecE 5 spd
    2001 Honda Insight Hybrid.. Best ave. 87.1 mpg!!!!!

85vert

Did you have to paint the moldings? And how about color matching them to the hard plastic moldings.

Looks Great!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plumkrazy View Post
    85vert

Did you have to paint the moldings? And how about color matching them to the hard plastic moldings.

Looks Great!!!!!
    Thanks!
    Mine were painted to match the car, I had it back in for some other work and my paint guy had saved some of the original paint.
    I'm ashamed to say I don't know if they looked any differently finish wise when they came back from FMR. I dropped the package off at the body shop without opening it.