Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    there were two kinds, a cling on that would cling to the windshield on the inside (I believe those were tri-color blue ones. I had one on my 82 Capri yrs ago). The other kind is a decal where you peel away the backing and then apply it to the glass (clean of course), then peel off the top layer of paper.
    I have had both. The "cling" version was available over the years with all of the different FMS logos.

The current one on my car is an old Ford Motorsport decal kit that was meant to go on the body of the car. I picked up a few of them and I thought it would look cool on the windshield.

Last edited by Blue86; 10-03-2010 at 07:40 PM.

I just posted in another thread about my trials and tribulations with my Motorsports banner. My original one from 1989 was the tri colored banner but since I mounted it on the outside of the windshield(could'nt see it on the inside due to factory tint) by 2001 when I restored the Capri it was shot. I subsequently found 2 new banners on seperate occasions at a local swap meet, both were the plain white Motorsport lettering. While at Carlisle last year I lost one due to heavy rain and wind. When I got home I installed my last spare, and started to seach E-bay for more spares. I found a dealer that had some and quickly purchased 4 from him, they are the old school tri-colored blue ones. I can't remember his name now but I will look for it and post it later.

I have an original sunshade that I just opened and put on my Vert!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    85 GT, 84 GT 331, 89 LX 347, 84 Capri, 89 LX V8 or 2.3, 85 GT Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Blue86 View Post
    I have had both. The "cling" version was available over the years with all of the different FMS logos.

The current one on my car is an old Ford Motorsport decal kit that was meant to go on the body of the car. I picked up a few of them and I thought it would look cool on the windshield.

is there any place I can still get this decal?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue86 View Post

is there any place I can still get this decal?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12