Close

Default Douchebag of the day

So let me explain my situation, I lost the front plate of my car and wanted a replacement that was just like the original(blue and yellow style), the DMV was of no help, so I googled around and see this website advertising 100% original looking plates, I look around the site and see no pictures of actual license plates so I send him an email asking for a few good quality pictures. Here is my transcript of the whole conversation

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Subject: Good quality pictures of actual license plates

Hi, I am looking at buy a replica license plate from your website and was just wondering if you have any pictures of an actual plate, specifically a California blue and yellow plate, if possible. I am on the fence about this and a good picture will make the difference.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by douchebag
    Internet Explorer and can't send on AOL. So, I have no idea what I've just sent you but they are real metal. What? On the fence??? $27 bucks for plastic and $50 for metal. If you're too poor, we'll send you a free one. http://www.CR8-A-PL8.com .

Thank you from CR8APL8
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Its not a question about the money, I'd rather pay for a good quality plate then some poorly made piece of plastic, but thanks for the insult, you made my decision easier about whether to buy one from you or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by douchebag
    We get 300 to 400 orders a day, 24/7. We can use a break. John

Thank you from CR8APL8
    ugh, whatever happened to good customer service? anyway, anybody know of a professional in this area?

hmmm...i went to the site and saw a few pics of the plates. being insulted like that though, they wouldn't get any business from me
    "I'm a mental patient, I'm suppose to act out!"

Ok, the bad design of the site alone makes me want to run away from them.

Music? Something following your pointer wherever your pointer goes? Cr@p colors?

Annoying.
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

I've heard of this before. Somehow with business booming they now think there s@#$ does not stink. My dad was trying the same thing and got the same awesome cus. service.

Selling on the internet is not always fun, but that was inexcusable. It's always fun to see people who have 'enough' business.

Wow, what a douchebag. Don't worry, if he keeps an attitude like that he won't be busy for long.
    Matt
    1984 Thunderbird -- 1989 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake, Edelbrock 600 4bbl, 85 Mustang dizzy, Jegs o/r h pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Mustang AOD & shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Mustang front & rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 TC struts & shocks, and Mustang 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT hatch -- Explorer intake, GT40 heads with Trick Flow spring kit, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, 70mm MAF, 70mm throttle body, o/r H pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 Deluxe handle, clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster, and 3.27s
    (86 Mercury Cougar 5.0, 89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 80 Mercury Zephyr 4 door) sold

With reputable aftermarket companies going belly up (Weld Wheels, Crane Cams), this guy has a lot of nerve treating his customers that way. He obviously doesn't need the business.

If this plate doesn't need to be a correct / legal one and is only for show you could try this FEP vendor:

http://www.baldguydesigns.net/automotive.asp

He made me two Hertz plates for my SVO Hertz Rent-a-Racer which are very nice. I plan on getting some other stuff in the future as well. Check out the testimonials for my support for his prices, products, and services.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

he might be using a script to follow on how to reply.
    where i work. the higher to be's ,want us to follow a script, even if it wrong. when a person call us(sears) over the phone and ask for a price on tires for the rides. we are told to just give the price of the tire(not installed). but when the customers come in .there thinking they could get them installed for that price and find out the installed price can be $20.00 to $80.00 higher per tire. of course they get very upset. most of our customers drive over 100 miles to get to our store. we have told the new upper district management this. his reply was "i don't care! we have to follow the script that sear wants us to".

so remember, if it phone or email , most place have a script that the employee must follow too!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    was in 3rd gear, right foot to the floor and Cones where flying!

1)who cares if you don't like my functional illiterate

2)if i write like a 2nd grader, isn't that still better than texting?

3)yes ,i'm a French-fry short of a happy meal.

4)Statistically speaking, six out of seven dwarfs aren't Happy

Quote Originally Posted by rancheronut View Post
    he might be using a script to follow on how to reply......
    so remember, if it phone or email , most place have a script that the employee must follow too!
    Does this really sound scripted to you?

Originally Posted by douchebag
    Internet Explorer and can't send on AOL. So, I have no idea what I've just sent you but they are real metal. What? On the fence??? $27 bucks for plastic and $50 for metal. If you're too poor, we'll send you a free one. http://www.CR8-A-PL8.com .

Thank you from CR8APL8
    1980 Capri
    5.0 EFI Mass Air, Rebuilt T5, Centerforce Dual Friction, B&M Ripper Shifter, Aluminum Driveshaft, 5 Lug 8.8, Cobra Brakes, Maximum Motorsports HD Lower Control Arms 94GT Spindles, 94 Front Control Arms, B Springs, Tokico Shocks & Struts, MM Camber Plates

Some people just don't care.
    +
    ++
    +++
    ++++

Fun is fun, and done is done!

Well they have $50 less than they could have.
    '83 Hatch - PBR Front/GT rear disc, Steeda Sport Springs, Tokico Blues, MM CC plates, 87+ sway bars

I was just having a similar conversation with a friend regarding poor customer service from nearly every company lately. This isn't surprising, it's just further proof.
    1985 Mercury Capri GS - 5.0, 5-Speed, Ported E7s, FMS F303, TFS Valve Springs, Summit Stage 2 Intake, Holley Street Avenger 570, BBK Longtubes, BBK O/R H-Pipe, Flowmasters, Dumps, FRPP HD Clutch, Pro 5.0, Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms, and tons of satisfaction when I can say, "I just beat you with a Mercury!"

1983 Mercury Capri RS Crimson Cat - 5.0, 4-Speed, T-roof.