Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $700 GT350

Default $700 GT350

Got this about 2 months ago.. It was out sitting by a barn/shelter in the country. It sat for almost 7 years out of the last decade. Saw it on craigslist and snatched it up 5 mins after the ad was posted. All it needed was a battery recharge and it fired right up with the 2 year old gas it had in it. Didin't even need a car trailer.. Let it warm up for about 20 mins at their house and drove it 15 miles to its new home without 1 problem. Im in the process of cleaning it up and we finally got some sunshine so i went out and checked around the car for the first time.. Its pretty clean underneath, Not much rust at all.. I was expecting alot more. I'm going to repaint the car once it gets alittle warmer. Its definitely a project right now but it runs very well with only 80,049 original miles.

84 GT350

That's a deal. I paid almost that much for mine and the 2.3t engine was in boxes in the hatch. The paint on mine is in pretty decent shape though.

Congrats on the save.
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

The paint was alot better before i ripped half of it off with a pressure washer.. lol

I was going to take it to maaco and get it repainted white but i think im going to do it myself. Its going to be white so i think itll be alittle more forgiving for a noob like me.

Is there any sites that sell the GT350 stickers and trim? Thats the only thing thats really holding me back
    84 GT350

not bad, good price, I paid that for my white black magic. where in cali are you?
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Are the hatchbacks the only ones to have a rear spoiler? I don't remember seeing a rear spoiler on a convertible. That rear spoiler is from a 86 & up lx.
    2007 SL55 - Capri Blue - Leather, 487/560 WHP/WTQ at 13.5PSI

Quote Originally Posted by 84NAVYCAT View Post
    not bad, good price, I paid that for my white black magic. where in cali are you?
    I'm up in the Norcal/Sacramento area... Waiting for the 110 degree weather

8T6: Yeah hatchbacks are the only ones to have a rear spoiler
    84 GT350

Nice buy.
    +
    ++
    +++
    ++++

Fun is fun, and done is done!

Quote Originally Posted by BladeX10 View Post

Is there any sites that sell the GT350 stickers and trim? Thats the only thing thats really holding me back
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-...QQcmdZViewItem
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    was in 3rd gear, right foot to the floor and Cones where flying!

1)who cares if you don't like my functional illiterate

2)if i write like a 2nd grader, isn't that still better than texting?

3)yes ,i'm a French-fry short of a happy meal.

4)Statistically speaking, six out of seven dwarfs aren't Happy

FEP Super Member

Nice save!
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

FEP Power Member

TOUCHDOWN!!!...Nice score.

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Great deal indeed! I'm looking forward to seeing you driving into the show area of a future at Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott's Berry Farm!
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

I'm calling the cops.You stole that thing.LOL
    82 GT. Mods so far. 331 stroker,Eagle rotating assy.E cam SRP pistons,World Prod.Roush heads,P.P. crosswind intake,Holly 600 carb,subframe connectors,king cobra clutch,8.8 rear,3.55 gears,T5 trans,Hurst shifter,and more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by blackho View Post
    I'm calling the cops.You stole that thing.LOL
    I felt guilty when i bought it.. lol. It was the classic " i need money right now for bills" thing.. I even offered to let her keep the cobra r's but she was like noooo. She could have gotten alot more for it if she wasn't desperate to sale it.
    84 GT350

Now thats $700 well spent,good luck with and keep us posted on your progress.

Not to shabby. Definitely worth rescuing.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

that is one hell of a score. Congrats on the find! It pays to play on the internet all day
    Too many cars. Not enough time

Yeah.. It beats out my previous purchase of a running/nice 83 z28 for 500 bucks.. It had almost 250k miles on it and blew up after 3 months of owning it. lol

I'm going to do all the exterior work myself so i should save some bucks on that.
    84 GT350

Quote Originally Posted by BladeX10 View Post
    I felt guilty when i bought it.. lol. It was the classic " i need money right now for bills" thing.. I even offered to let her keep the cobra r's but she was like noooo. She could have gotten alot more for it if she wasn't desperate to sale it.
    Don't feel guilty.If you didn't get it someone else would have.It could have ended up chopped up into a race car or a big winged donked idiot car.You saved it
    82 GT. Mods so far. 331 stroker,Eagle rotating assy.E cam SRP pistons,World Prod.Roush heads,P.P. crosswind intake,Holly 600 carb,subframe connectors,king cobra clutch,8.8 rear,3.55 gears,T5 trans,Hurst shifter,and more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by blackho View Post
    Don't feel guilty.If you didn't get it someone else would have.It could have ended up chopped up into a race car or a big winged donked idiot car.You saved it
    Yeah.. Lol. If i wasn't being a hawk on craigslist.. im sure someone would have scooped it up. SHe didnt include any pictures or much of a description on the ad.. I was curious and thought it was some rusted up torn down car but it wasn't.. lol.

I waiting for it to stop raining so much before i work on it.. I'm planning on ripping out all the carpet and seats and shampooing it all.. and replace the driver seat. I'll be driving it around and working on it at the same time. lol.
    84 GT350

Score and a half!
    '83 Hatch - PBR Front/GT rear disc, Steeda Sport Springs, Tokico Blues, MM CC plates, 87+ sway bars

Congrats, awesome find.
    - Scott -
    • PAST CARS
    • 84 Capri
    • 96 SHO
    • 88 Mustang GT
    • 87 Mustang GT
    • 79 Capri -351W
    • 79 Mustang

dang, came with the rims too!?
    1983 Mercury Capri Crimson Cat 5.0 4 speed t tops
    1986 Mercury Capri GS 5.0 5 speed
    4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft, flowmaster cat back, fms headers, pro 5.0 shifter, tokico suspension, o/r h-pipe
    1990 Ford Mustang notch 5.0 5 speed
    pro 5.0 shifter, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear, ud pulleys, prothane mounts, mac headers, flowmaster cat back, o/r h-pipe, lowered
    1971 IH Scout 800b all original 232 thrift six 3 speed
    1992 Honda Civic VX 1.5 vtecE 5 spd
    2001 Honda Insight Hybrid.. Best ave. 87.1 mpg!!!!!

dude you came up...hard
    82GTflossin

Rebuilt 302,rebuilt 8.8 w 373s,JBAs, true dual exhaust flowmasters,T5 w/Hurst Short Shifter and a few more xtras..

future upgrades: front/rear coilovers,15:1 rack,4bbl, rebuilding 89 susp with new bushings,85 carb/intake conv,jet glossy black new paint with custom graphics..

Quote Originally Posted by crimsoncat66 View Post
    dang, came with the rims too!?
    Yeah.. At first they didnt want to include the rims but they didnt have any others to put on so they just left them. It also came with a complete sound system including 2 6x9's a 12" sub and a 1000 watt amp. So now i can just focus on getting it back into shape. just waiting for the crappy weather to clear up
    84 GT350

Theoretically, you could sell the rims and sound system, and you'd have a free car! Great score!
    '85 coupe - It's ALIVE!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnu4w_5P284
    Originally a 4 cyl / auto car; now has an '87 Roller motor topped by a Weiand Action Plus and a Holley 600; backed by a rebuit T-5. Also has shorty headers, an off road X-pipe, and a MAC cat back exhaust.
    Still needs paint (Medium Canyon Red Metallic) and interior work (Sand Beige). Would like to upgrade the suspension and brakes as well...
    **SIGH** So much to do, so little time (and money!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast