Close

Banned

Default LTD parts hard to find?

looking for some sources for parts on my 85 LTD LX....

id like to replace the weather striping and window channel seals

Those particular parts are hard to find. I don't know of any source for stock replacement weatherstripping and window channel seals. You'll have to find generic stuff and make it work. I ordered some generic weatherstripping from JC Whitney that matched the type/shape of the stock and it worked well.

I think a few people here have made generic window dew wipes work on LTD/Fairmont sedans, but I haven't heard of anyone finding good replacement window channel felt.
    85 Ford LTD LX: Four eyes and Four doors

EFI swap, AFR 165 heads, 5-speed conversion, Cobra brakes, etc.

FEP Senior Member

my car had the window felt replaced on the front two a few years back i guess. supposedly it was some nos ford stuff. i would imagine its still out there. its probably not on the books anymore though.

I just did my Futura this morning. Don't know if the window channel is the same as an LTD though. I took some of my old channel out and measured everything then found this site.
    http://www.metrommp.com/, then ordered 2 ea. of P/N WC 21-96.

I got my dew wipes on fleaBay from these guys, and they fit perfectly.
    http://stores.shop.ebay.com/converti...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Don't know if they sell them for LTD's or not.

The window channel I got seems to fit really well, but we'll see if it starts to fall out or anything later. Come to find out, it's actually for a Falcon.

Here's a pic of the window channel.

Banned

thanks for the heads up! i will check it out

These guys: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Class-Tech-Cars
    may be able to help you out - I got the outside dew wipes for my Mark VII from them - haven't installed them yet but the parts I got look great with the correct clips already in place.

Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

Quote Originally Posted by fasfivo View Post
    I just did my Futura this morning. Don't know if the window channel is the same as an LTD though. I took some of my old channel out and measured everything then found this site.
    http://www.metrommp.com/, then ordered 2 ea. of P/N WC 21-96.
    How does that work, is it a bulk length? I've got to the windows on mine and wondered how you fit it into the corners if it is not made for it. Seems like it would bow out at the corners unless the corners were preformed....
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 302, T5, 4.10s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, stock shortblock, TW heads, Holley SMII intake, 4.88, T5Z
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

IIRC, Ford notched the corners - or maybe it only looked that way since the w/s channels I have on all my Fairmonts have dried out and some even separated. If I could get my hands on some window channel felts that match, I'd like to try to notch and even use w/s glue to glue the corners together.

My damaged mind thinking...

Dean T
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_T View Post
    IIRC, Ford notched the corners - or maybe it only looked that way since the w/s channels I have on all my Fairmonts have dried out and some even separated. If I could get my hands on some window channel felts that match, I'd like to try to notch and even use w/s glue to glue Dean T
    That's what I was thinking too that I could cut and glue the corners together some way to look somewhat like factory.
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

I notched the corners. It's really not noticeable since the rubber channel fits down into the metal frame. I guess if you're doing a concourse restoration it might be an issue. I just wanted to stop the rattles and leaks. It came in 8 ft. lengths.

Can you tell me what year Falcon they were for?? I am looking high and low for these parts for my LTD..

Thanks, Al

This is what fasfiv0 recommended...
    http://metrommp.com/index.cfm?f=type...20&%20Sweepers