Close

Default cobra r's on a 85

Crap, I can't remember but you have to change out the front spindles to 87-93 to run 1995 4 lug cobra r's don't ya. If you do, do you have to run 87-93 struts too?
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Do not run 4-lug Cobra R's... they look terrible. 4-lugs and 5 spokes especially on a Replica wheel.. a "faux pas" in the Mustang community!

Quote Originally Posted by lxcoupe86 View Post
    Do not run 4-lug Cobra R's... they look terrible. 4-lugs and 5 spokes especially on a Replica wheel.. a "faux pas" in the Mustang community!
    AMEN!

why even run cobras? they're like bellybuttons - everyone has them.

cale

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow 1 View Post
    Crap, I can't remember but you have to change out the front spindles to 87-93 to run 1995 4 lug cobra r's don't ya. If you do, do you have to run 87-93 struts too?
    Well, after reading the current state of mind here about the 4 lug cobras, you didn't hear this from me, but a guy that looks kinda like me has those cobras, and they get swapped back and forth between our cars - You should be able to use your struts, and swap to the 87-93 spindles- if anything, getting the 11" brakes is in order, as the 17" cobras will overload your 10" brakes quick- they're rough enough on the 11's.

Hope this helps, and DONT TELL THOSE OTHER GUYS. It'll be our little secret.
    Pro BMW tech- I'd rather fix the mustang, though..

Quote Originally Posted by gt88 View Post
    Well, after reading the current state of mind here about the 4 lug cobras, you didn't hear this from me, but a guy that looks kinda like me has those cobras, and they get swapped back and forth between our cars - You should be able to use your struts, and swap to the 87-93 spindles- if anything, getting the 11" brakes is in order, as the 17" cobras will overload your 10" brakes quick- they're rough enough on the 11's.

Hope this helps, and DONT TELL THOSE OTHER GUYS. It'll be our little secret.
    lol, got it and thanks!

As for the rest of you guys thanks, I saw that one coming, lol. And for the reason for getting them is they look good with the color choice I want to go with. Here is a pic of the color I want and it has something similar to cobra r's on it and it looks really good:

Here's a different one, slightly different color with silver cobra r's on it:

Hey, you got to admit they look good. I like the chrome ones myself.

I know cobra r's a dime a dozen and everyone got's them but I think they look good depending on the car and this way I don't have to go with a 5 lug swap. I'm only toying with this idea and weighing my options, which one would be more cost effective. The original plan was to do the 5 lug swap and maybe go with chrome or black bullitt's and I still might, depends on my budget when the time comes. The way my budget is now it looks like the cobra r's when the time comes but who knows, I still got a whole car to build, plus putting these on my car means I still have to swap things out to make it work.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

I'm not going to press the issue, both both of those cars are very "whatever floats your boat." That top car looks somewhat thug life to me. Personally, I've just never been a fan of fake cast Chinese wheels with fake rivets in them ... if anything those rivets weaken the wheel!

There are a lot of cobra r wheels out there. That's because they look good. I'm tired of mine just because they came w/ the car.

No, that's cool guys and your right, it is a whatever floats your boat kind of thing. The only thing I like about the top car is the color and t-tops, I don't care for the fake rivet thing either but it gives you a general idea what cobra r's would look like on it. The bottom pic looks good in them but I'm not a big fan of that color rim with that color car. And I have to agree with you to az, they look good, that's why people have them but the same could be said for bullitt's which I like. Everyone under the sun have them but they look good. I like a lot of different rims, bullitt's to basketweave/mesh style, I just think the cobra r's in like a chrome stand out a bit better with that color than lets say pony's, which are ok but not my cup of tea cause that's another one that everyone's got, no matter what the color they are in. Personally I would go with turbines before pony's, but that's just me. A lot of people have plasma tv's or HD but would you not get one just because a lot of people already do have one?
    Last edited by Shadow 1; 03-26-2009 at 02:29 PM.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

All that matters is how you feel owning and driving. Pure stock or full custom, its a canvas of who you are although some might have more $$$ to show it. I will admit, the cobras have been overplayed like a pop song in its 100th time of the day, but they do make the car stand out in a parking lot full of Hondas and Surburbans @ the local grocery store. Right now $$$ is tight so I can't spend the money for what I want. But I def. like what I have now.

Quote Originally Posted by azcheetos View Post
    All that matters is how you feel owning and driving. Pure stock or full custom, its a canvas of who you are although some might have more $$$ to show it. I will admit, the cobras have been overplayed like a pop song in its 100th time of the day, but they do make the car stand out in a parking lot full of Hondas and Surburbans @ the local grocery store. Right now $$$ is tight so I can't spend the money for what I want. But I def. like what I have now.
    This is all very true.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

not sure if you know the color of that car. but its DuPont Chromabase Sunburst Orange and i've seen the color on a different car and its really nice color. saw a 69 roadrunner in it and looks awesome.
    1985GT 78 model 302 with a performer rpm intake
    Has a small cam
    600cfm edelbrock
    t5 & 8.8 with 3.27 gears

Quote Originally Posted by 69satellite View Post
    not sure if you know the color of that car. but its DuPont Chromabase Sunburst Orange and i've seen the color on a different car and its really nice color. saw a 69 roadrunner in it and looks awesome.
    I think your right, good eye. I don't know the paint code though. Was that a GM color or chrysler? I found this post on another site but I'm not sure it's the same one cause I thought another company had the same name paint with different codes. Makes it confusing.

http://forums.stangnet.com/697387-paint-sale.html

The second pic is that gomango that the new chargers are painted. I saw that color also on a mach 1 and it looks killer. The only thing I don't like about it is a bit bright in direct sunlight for me but it's growing on me.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

I was doing some hunting around but I can't find what I thought might be the exact paint code for that sunburst orange in the top pic. If you know it or can find the exact match could you please pass it on to me?
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH