Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st in AZ

tucson here word

Even more sundried arizonian.

I'll chime in just 'cause.
    2012 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
    1989 Mark VII BB, 5.0HO, AOD, open 3.08s, custom exhaust, stereo, now equipped with color-matched jackstands!
    1989 Mustang LX, 5.0L 5-speed hatch, HCI, 3.73s, full exhaust, blah blah blah

Some other stuff...

does having an 85 foxbody gt registered in yuma az. but the car resides in california

Color me in the Az. group as a recent returner to S.D. territory after 35 years AWOL.
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

Hey... new guy here. Just bought an 86GT from craigslist.. some of you might have seen it online! Went for $1000. Transmission cluster needs work.. but it runs good!

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyedGuy View Post
    Hey... new guy here. Just bought an 86GT from craigslist.. some of you might have seen it online! Went for $1000. Transmission cluster needs work.. but it runs good!
    Welcome to FEP fellow Arizonan.

Was that 86GT the one that the trans was slipping in the lower gears?
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by 85ASCCapri View Post
    Welcome to FEP fellow Arizonan.

Was that 86GT the one that the trans was slipping in the lower gears?
    Ron
    Thanks! It's an Oxford White GT, all stock I suppose with the exception of K&N Filter. I bought it from a guy in Phoenix. The gears dont slip, they all go in decently and stay in, but there's grind sound and feel from 1st-3rd gears. I took a tranny guy for a ride and he played it by sound and said, "I bet when you put it in 4th, it will stop".. and sure enough it did stop. He said it's the trany "Cluster". He said he was going to do some research on parts and shoot me price to repair. I'm a student so no real funds.. which sucks bc I cant wait to drive it. I hope it's not too much. I had two 85GT's, 1 T-Top Hatch, 1 Reg. Hatch. First one took a dump on me, I was 18.. Second one was bad a$$, sold it so my brother had money for down on a house. Cant really say i regret it, but.. lol. So now I'm back at it with an 86GT. Motor starts and runs good, no smoking, steady idle. But if anyone knows a guy that knows a guy about that could help a guy out with trany work, that would be great. Just another foureyed lover here. Oh and I plan on getting shocks/struts here soon, got anything in mind to lower maybe 1"?

Thanks again!

PS.. nice Mad Max quote.
    Last edited by FourEyedGuy; 11-28-2012 at 01:48 AM.

PS.. nice Mad Max quote.
    Good eye, you are the first person to comment on that......maybe you're the first one to figure it out. LOL

Good eye, you are the first person to comment on that......maybe you're the first one to figure it out. LOL

I had no idea, I've never seen Mad Max all the way through. So let's get that trans fixed so we can have an AZ gathering. My Oxford white 86GT (w/ tutone) wants to meet yours and a thunderbird (and anyone else out here in the Valley of the Sun).
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I chose that movie for a film analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear86 View Post
    I had no idea, I've never seen Mad Max all the way through. So let's get that trans fixed so we can have an AZ gathering. My Oxford white 86GT (w/ tutone) wants to meet yours and a thunderbird (and anyone else out here in the Valley of the Sun).
    My GT looks almost exactly like yours! Except for t-tops. I posted a few pics. I'm down for a gathering of four eyes! Aeros too.. Whatever!

My GT looks almost exactly like yours! Except for t-tops. I posted a few pics. I'm down for a gathering of four eyes! Aeros too.. Whatever!
    Very nice! For the longest time I didn't see many oxford white TuTone 85/86's, but they seem to be surfacing a lot more lately. There is another member with a hard top, and we have a guy with a convertible in that color scheme too. My first Mustang (my first car too) was this color combo, I loved it so much I had to find another...about 17 years later though.

I started a "cars and coffee" thread in this section to see if anyone else would be interested in meeting on a Saturday morning sometime. Hopefully some more AZ fox owners will chime in.

Now you just need to get that tranny fixed so you can drive the GT. I want a picture of our cars together!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Yeah that would be cool. Cant wait till I get it up and on the road!

Checking in.... Surprise AZ here!

Buckeye Az chiming in

Good morning from your neighbor in Goodyear.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Good Morning, kind of chilly out there today. Not to cold for a junkyard run though. I haven't been out in a while so I figured I would go see what is available.

I love junkyard runs! Let us know if you find anything good!

Nothing all that interesting, no Capri's but there were 2 Fairmont's or were they Zephyr's and one Faimont wagon at Ecology and the you pull it just south of it on 27th ave. I'll probably go again during the week if anyone needs anything. If anyone in Az. needs body panels I'm scraping a Mustang here shortly and I have many extra parts that I don't need. Let me know I have been coming on here more lately.

This post is for local foureye members (& onlookers) who haven't responded to the thread about our metro Phoenix get-together in a couple of weeks.

It is happening at an old converted service station on 7th Ave. near Indian School, it is called The Copper Star Coffee Shop. Come anytime between 8:00 & 10:30AM on Saturday, the 11th of May?.

(This is as centrally located, in a safe area, that I know of for the Metro Phoenix area).
    Let us know if you can make it, or even if you can't, would still be interested in joining us if we have more of these in the future.
    Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12