Close

Default 1982 Mustang GLX Convertible Pictures

I have been asked to post more pictures of the car. Here you go.

Thanks!

David Waltz
    Attached Images Attached Images     

there lots of potencial.nice catch. what are your plans? factory resto or you have other plans? good luck

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot about the other thread. With the top down it looks exactly like a normal Mustang vert.
    Last edited by negusm; 02-11-2009 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by negusm View Post
    With the top down it looks exactly like a normal Mustang vert.
    well,yea,except for the windshield frame.and the remains of the door window frames.and the different shape of the body between the top and trunk. i'd like to see what kind of switch was used to operate the top,if it's electrically powered.
    Last edited by fred414141; 02-12-2009 at 01:08 AM.
    '83 glx vert with '82 gt frontend

if you aren't trying to blow the horn with the signal lever and reaching for the key release button on your other vehicles,you're not driving the fox enough !

The car is not electrically top. and it is going back to stock. I didnt find hardly any rust in the car. the truck and floor is clean. there is a litte bit of surface rust by the top of the battery. other wise the car is fairly clean thanks David

New User

Nice car David it looks like a Tomaso. All their cars had a plaque on the dash with the cars production number. But it could have been removed. Good luck with the car.Doc

This looks more like a 1983 convertible. In 1982 only 144 were produced for a test market by Bivouac in Michigan. I also owned a 1987 convertible and it looked a lot like this car. In 1983 Ford produced its own convertibles.

Quote Originally Posted by redlx View Post
    This looks more like a 1983 convertible. In 1982 only 144 were produced for a test market by Bivouac in Michigan. I also owned a 1987 convertible and it looked a lot like this car. In 1983 Ford produced its own convertibles.
    1983 had a different nose than the 1979-1982 Mustang. Clearly this is not a 1983 Mustang nose currently shown on the car in question.

Yours In Fords,

Bill S.

Quote Originally Posted by redlx View Post
    And....Bivouac was only one of a dozen or so companies converting Mustangs in '80-82. Another note, the Bivouac cars were not "test market cars", they were full fledged conversions by one of the companies trying to sell conversions to Mustang owners or Ford dealers. These had no relationship to Ford Motor Company. David's car was built by Barrows (as he states in a different thread).

New User

To David Waltz: Congrats on your decision to restore rather than 'mondo' your rare 1982 conv. Do you have any pictures of the convertible top on your car? My research shows there were some 14 aftermarket suppliers who modified these cars for both retail purchasers and for Ford dealers. I am restoring a red 1982 Intermeccanica Cabrio. It will remain faithful 100% to factory specs, except to swap out the useless boat anchor for a reliable 5-speed manual transmission.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by 1982cabrio View Post
    I am restoring a red 1982 Intermeccanica Cabrio.
    Very nice car. Please keep us updated on your progress.

I never knew these cars existed!

believe it or not there was one the 1st jackass movie when they where in Mexico. It was baby blue in sure what color the interor was.

I dont know who,s red car this is

FEP Member

WOW

so these do actually exist!
    3 Fairmont's and Zephyr's, 66 convertible stang, 68 fastback stang,

I have the car in primer now its not a groundup restore just paint and drive is summer I hope

Hows this going?

it is in primer right now waiting for spring to paint it. i am having troubles saying on it. i am getting burn out.

im still here and my wife wants the car on the road the year shes

FEP Power Member

Default Stock

That's probably as close to oem stock Ford with the top down as it gets. They all have some characteristics that give them away as non-oem. Of course, they never planned on copying Ford.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Have you figured out who did the conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by David Waltz View Post
    I have been asked to post more pictures of the car. Here you go.

Thanks!

David Waltz