Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 85vert View Post
    Allow me to smile at the irony of an argument breaking out in a thread about reducing arguments on the site.
    You are wrong i'm not arguing
    1985 Mustang GT:
    347 stroker
    Holley 750 double pumper
    xe274hr comp cam
    Victor jr. intake
    RPM aluminum heads
    roller rockers
    equal length shorty headers
    electric fan
    afco aluminum radiator
    american thunder series flowmasters
    pace setter off road h-pipe
    chrome OEM cobra rims

Quote Originally Posted by myler View Post
    You are wrong i'm not arguing
    You are too!

No he's not!
    http://www.foureyedfoxbody.com

'83 Mustang
    '95 Crown Vic
    '05 F-150
    '00 Lincoln LS

keep politics out. Look at corral and the mess on their boards.
    83' capri ~ 306ci
    speedpro LW hyperpistons
    Lightly ported Gt40s milled 040/ 3 angle valve, TFS springs
    E303/ 1.7 RR
    Rpm intake
    holley 650 dp
    BBK headers~ H pipe~ flows
    373's
    C4 and other drag tricks of the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 1983mercurycapri 302 View Post
    keep politics out. Look at corral and the mess on their boards.
    I actually haven't been to the corral for the bs section in a long long time.

I go there just for tech, which IMO it's real good.

no 4.6L will average 27.5 mpg's..sorry man it's not possible. Especially in a heavy crown vic.

I don't doubt you get decent gas mileage, but not 27.

all of my bro's modular mustangs averaged in the mid teens in average dd use.

My HEAVY f150 averages maybe 12 on a good day.

Average and peak are two different things.
    15 mpg's
    http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymod...Victoria.shtml
    Last edited by v8only; 02-02-2009 at 06:18 PM.
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Foureyedfoxbody View Post
    No he's not!
    Troublemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by v8only View Post
    I actually haven't been to the corral for the bs section in a long long time.

I go there just for tech, which IMO it's real good.

no 4.6L will average 27.5 mpg's..sorry man it's not possible. Especially in a heavy crown vic.

I don't doubt you get decent gas mileage, but not 27.

all of my bro's modular mustangs averaged in the mid teens in average dd use.

My HEAVY f150 averages maybe 12 on a good day.

Average and peak are two different things.
    15 mpg's
    http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymod...Victoria.shtml
    Sorry, it's 27.1 AVERAGE to be exact. Not sure if you can view this without having a free fuelie account, but I track all my cars there:

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/wafflehed/crown-victoria

I was real light on the pedal one week, and got 29.0. That's mostly highway driving, with a couple towns and stoplights in between.

The F-150 is averaging 16.3, with a best 19.4. It's a regular cab XLT.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/wafflehed/crown-victoria

Not tryin' to argue, just provide some proof...

'83 Mustang
    '95 Crown Vic
    '05 F-150
    '00 Lincoln LS

Quote Originally Posted by 85vert View Post
    Troublemaker.
    LOL, not me!

'83 Mustang
    '95 Crown Vic
    '05 F-150
    '00 Lincoln LS

I'll only give you props then, and ask the question that why is a smaller lighter camry HYBRID only averaging 30.1.

Nothing is impossible, and you've got a real one of a kind beast on your hands.

My f150 is a work truck. It's an extended cab 4x4 with a big shell on the back. I've "heard" our company may have had them special ordered with f250 frames, but that may be bs. Regardless, I carry so much heavy stuff on this truck, it's not funny. 10-11 is the norm for me
    Jeremy
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg

I'll only give you props then, and ask the question that why is a smaller lighter camry HYBRID only averaging 30.1.

Nothing is impossible, and you've got a real one of a kind beast on your hands.

My f150 is a work truck. It's an extended cab 4x4 with a big shell on the back. I've "heard" our company may have had them special ordered with f250 frames, but that may be bs. Regardless, I carry so much heavy stuff on this truck, it's not funny. 10-11 is the norm for me
    I was really surprised when I first got the car. Must have gotten a "good one." It's pretty funny being on fuelly and watching people with "economy cars" get worse gas mileage than my 3600lb full size clunker.

'83 Mustang
    '95 Crown Vic
    '05 F-150
    '00 Lincoln LS

This is why I'll never buy a hybrid.

the tech doesn't make sense. It barely delivers any reasonable gains, the markup is WAY too high, and I sure as hell don't want to repair it in ten years.

While I'll never buy it, I'm real impressed by the new turbo diesel Jetta. It gets 40 mpg's without hybrid tech, isn't a dog, and doesn't rattle like old diesels OR smell.
    Jeremy

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Back on topic here. Forget MPG, Horsepower numbers, Modular Engines, Competition, etc...etc...etc.... The topic here is Political threads and not all of that other stuff.

I cannot for the life of me, figure out how a political thread section could be good for anyone here. In my opinion, political threads do not belong on this site at all - even in their own section. I don't care if it's called censorship or not. Political threads have the power to produce very hard feelings between people.There's very little B.S. here and that's the way the majority of the members want it. Just take a look throughout the new posts of the newer members and their comments about this site being very friendly and helpful. There's no baiting, flaming or name calling and that says something about the integrity of our own little "club".

This site is all about the love for the Fox Bodied platform, enjoying one another's company, and having a good time. I think that everyone on this board will agree that this site is different than all of the others in that it's run very well - let's keep it that way!

Call me what you will, but if I owned this site, I would censor out all political B.S. in any thread. Not only that, I would never even contemplate a political thread section.
    Last edited by Hissing Cobra; 02-02-2009 at 08:40 PM.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    Back on topic here. Forget MPG, Horsepower numbers, Modular Engines, Competition, etc...etc...etc....

The topic here is Political threads. In my opinion, Political Threads do not belong on this site at all - even in their own section. I don't care if it's called censorship or not. Political threads have the power to produce very hard feelings between people. This site is all about the love for the Fox Bodied platform, enjoying one another's company, and having a good time. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how a Political Thread section could be good for anyone on this site.

Call me what you will, but if I owned this site, I would censor out all Political B.S. in any thread. Not only that, I would never even contemplate a Political Thread section.
    Ya what he said.

x2
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    Back on topic here. Forget MPG, Horsepower numbers, Modular Engines, Competition, etc...etc...etc.... The topic here is Political threads and not all of that other stuff.

I cannot for the life of me, figure out how a political thread section could be good for anyone here. In my opinion, political threads do not belong on this site at all - even in their own section. I don't care if it's called censorship or not. Political threads have the power to produce very hard feelings between people.There's very little B.S. here and that's the way the majority of the members want it. Just take a look throughout the new posts of the newer members and their comments about this site being very friendly and helpful. There's no baiting, flaming or name calling and that says something about the integrity of our own little "club".

This site is all about the love for the Fox Bodied platform, enjoying one another's company, and having a good time. I think that everyone on this board will agree that this site is different than all of the others in that it's run very well - let's keep it that way!

Call me what you will, but if I owned this site, I would censor out all political B.S. in any thread. Not only that, I would never even contemplate a political thread section.
    X2
    My Car
    1983 Mercury Capri RS 5.0 5 Speed. $850 Project needing very Little Work.
    Sons Car
    2006 Mustang GT Premium Forged Internals, Predator Tune With Steeda CAI And 150HP Shot NOS
    Proud Parent Of A US Marine That Just Got Home From Iraq

I come here for the love of the cars. I do not see the need to put something political on this site. This is a CAR site, not politics, religion or anything else. CARS, RACING, General discussions. Politics and religion just do not belong here.
    1982 Mustang GT

I'm fine without a political forum-there's one on almost all the other sites I go on-just seems to leads to trouble-and makes my blood pressure go up.

This is why I'll never buy a hybrid.

the tech doesn't make sense. It barely delivers any reasonable gains, the markup is WAY too high, and I sure as hell don't want to repair it in ten years.

While I'll never buy it, I'm real impressed by the new turbo diesel Jetta. It gets 40 mpg's without hybrid tech, isn't a dog, and doesn't rattle like old diesels OR smell.
    lets start out by saying that i usually dont have or at least dont like to express an OPINION. but when you say that you cant get 27 mpg out of a 4.6, i call out bs. i had an 05 gt with your "wimpy" 3 valve motor. i had a small amount of add ons to the car. cat-back, cai, drag radials and a 125 shot. i DROVE the car 100 miles to the track, put 10 passes on it, spraying it every pass. and the DROVE 100 miles home. and i averaged 23 mpg that tank. on average, i would get 25 and i dont drive easy whatsoever. oh yeah, i was also running 13.40 STOCK, and 12.10 for 1500 bucks. now that that rant is over, i have been a VW tech for 8 years, and the new "clean" diesel get absolutly horrible fuel economy. low 30's for average. pretty poor when you consider my 81 rabbit pickup got 50 mpg AVERAGE. if the tank was moslty highway, i would push 55 plus. the new "clean" jetta better be clean, its got 3 cats, and a 2 stage egr system and a particulate filter in the exhaust that goes through a regeneration phase to burn off sulfur. 4 o2 sensors, and 2 exhaust temp sensors. having said that, i hate the idea of hybrids as well. end of rant.
    79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

Politics has a place... but it's not here.

If it wasnt for religion and politics the world would have nothing to fight about.

Please let this be the end of this thread.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

Quote Originally Posted by varn82 View Post
    lets start out by saying that i usually dont have or at least dont like to express an OPINION. but when you say that you cant get 27 mpg out of a 4.6, i call out bs. i had an 05 gt with your "wimpy" 3 valve motor. i had a small amount of add ons to the car. cat-back, cai, drag radials and a 125 shot. i DROVE the car 100 miles to the track, put 10 passes on it, spraying it every pass. and the DROVE 100 miles home. and i averaged 23 mpg that tank. on average, i would get 25 and i dont drive easy whatsoever. oh yeah, i was also running 13.40 STOCK, and 12.10 for 1500 bucks. now that that rant is over, i have been a VW tech for 8 years, and the new "clean" diesel get absolutly horrible fuel economy. low 30's for average. pretty poor when you consider my 81 rabbit pickup got 50 mpg AVERAGE. if the tank was moslty highway, i would push 55 plus. the new "clean" jetta better be clean, its got 3 cats, and a 2 stage egr system and a particulate filter in the exhaust that goes through a regeneration phase to burn off sulfur. 4 o2 sensors, and 2 exhaust temp sensors. having said that, i hate the idea of hybrids as well. end of rant.
    the new diesel jetta's average in the 40's
    Jeremy

you know what, forget i even said anything. i will keep my posts to 4-eyed cars only.
    Last edited by varn82; 02-11-2009 at 08:04 PM.
    79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

Neither here nor there

well its known that politics and religion won't happen here so there is no need to keep this open.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12