Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default suggestion for political threads

A few things i've noticed.

Often Political threads do not seem to be tolerated here. I'm fine either way. I'm not a big political kind of person.

However, it's a continued issue. With the current administration, I forsee opinions on both sides of the fence for many years to come in a heated fashion.

What about a political forum?? I know we have a ton of forums already, but a political forum would be just the place. We could ban political discussions in all areas other than that one section. People who want to discuss or debate politics will all go to the appropriate area.
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

Blog Entries

There are plenty of place on the Internet where people can go and battle it out. It might not start out that way, but it'd wind up being that way. It'd likely be a source of drama, certainly a source of frustration. We're not here for that. Judgments that are passed on people and the views they express in there would wind up being carried over elsewhere. It's not something we are interested in hosting. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85 View Post
    There are plenty of place on the Internet where people can go and battle it out. It might not start out that way, but it'd wind up being that way. It'd likely be a source of drama, certainly a source of frustration. We're not here for that. Judgments that are passed on people and the views they express in there would wind up being carried over elsewhere. It's not something we are interested in hosting. Sorry.

I totally agree. I'm here to enjoy & discuss our car's & friendhips. There's a time & a place for everything & this is not the place for politics IMO.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

I don't think politics or religion should be in a car forum where we all seem to come for enjoyment and pleasure.

While I can respect someone's beliefs and they are certainly entitled to their opinions, it's nearly impossible to moderate effectively and then feelings, beliefs, ideals get hurt.

I think politics and religion should simply be off limits here.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

let's keep it fun. . keep the politics where they belong @ 1600 Penn Ave. Just my vote.

I agree, if I wanted that nonsense I'd go to another site.
    +
    ++
    +++
    ++++

Fun is fun, and done is done!

i agree with the guys.this is the only place i come to enjoy my hobbie.(wife not interested to talk about cars)i personally think will bring sour disputes.lets keep the place about cars,so we can learn and enjoy about ours cars.thank you

Lets keep it cars only we don't need more politics dirtying things up. There are plenty of chat rooms and forums to go to for that. The only politics that should be talked about here is when it is a push for a vote that would effect the well being of our sport. Watch in upcoming months we are going to be hammered with ways to get non-compliant cars to be bought as scrap. Such as vehicles that don't meet MPG standards and emission standards, So we don't need arguing between us. JMO
    JT
    My Car
    1983 Mercury Capri RS 5.0 5 Speed. $850 Project needing very Little Work.
    Sons Car
    2006 Mustang GT Premium Forged Internals, Predator Tune With Steeda CAI And 150HP Shot NOS
    Proud Parent Of A US Marine That Just Got Home From Iraq

No politics or other opinion related issues are why I like this site and SVOCA. I had tried having intelligent discussions at another site that has a politcal section. It was a waste of time as everybody has an opinion and any attempt at real discussion always spiraled downward into name calling and insults.

I let myself out and haven't missed that site at all. What is really strange is a lot of the regulars there don't even own Mustangs. Some of them have post counts well over 10,000.

Never have understood those kind of folks.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

I personally feel that political (and religious) threads should be off limits. I have not yet seen a religious or political thread that didn't in some way lead to insults and name calling, and that's not what this forum is about. Heated issues that in no way have anything to do with mustangs (or cars) don't have a place here in my opinion.
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

Look, I'm in total agreement that political and religious threads get often superheated. I don't usually engage in either. It's VERY rare when I do.

Having said that, you have two simple choices, sensorship, which is your right as a board owner, or giving them their own forum.

I still stand by the belief that it's a darned good idea. Why? Because I've seen it on other boards, and it works. All of the political threads all get posted in one single place. ONLY the people who want to read up on political debates go anywhere near that forum. The rest of us pretend like it doesn't exist.

With the current administration, sadly I feel in the near future you're going to have to decide upon censorship, or directing people to express their free speech in the proper location.

I hate to use the word censorship. It is your board Skye to do with what you please. However, it would be nice to not have to go to that length, and ban all political discussion.

This is not a topic for everyone (including me) to agree on how much they hate political debates. 90% of us are all on the same page.

It could be a simple little forum within the bs forum, tiny, inconspicuous, and out of the sight of the majority of us.

That's about all I have to say on this topic.

I don't really mind either way...

I think we all agree to hate political discussion, and we all agree that we don't want to tell someone what they cannot discuss. However, inevitably we're headed to a face off with this subject, and this was a simple suggestion to make everyone happy..Jeremy
    Last edited by v8only; 02-02-2009 at 02:06 AM.
    Jeremy
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg

That's the thing about FEP.....it is NOT like everybody else on the Internet, and most everybody here likes it that way. What brought us here is Four Eyes. Let's keep it focused on that and not copying everybody else's format. Why would we copy the way everybody else does it when what we're doing right now is working just fine or the vast, vast majority of members? Don't fix what isn't broken.

I think we need to keep it fun around here.

v8only:
    Even your aviator is controversial (political) in nature. Give me a break.

Some people just love to argue about mostly things they cannot change...

It's spelled avatar Ricko, and don't come in here trying to pick a fight.

My avatar is 100% non political. I'm not even sure how you could constrew it as so.

I thought it was funny, and would be a an appropriate avatar considering fords failed modular lineup in their 05+ mustangs and f150's. (power output) When Ford announces a 400 hp v8 engine in mass form for their trucks and mustangs, I'll pull the avatar off.

Until then, I'll agree with Motor Trend on their assessment of an "aging line of v8's"
    Jeremy

Again with the Ford needs a pushrod engine and or more HP rant. Ford needs to do no such thing when both the Mustang AND the F150 outsell EVERY single vehicle in their respective classes year after year after year after year.....

I've never said anything about a pushrod motor. ALL I care about is the power level.

Like it or not, they do. Everyone is noticing, including magazines and reviews. If Ford doesn't start putting out in the very near future then they're in serious trouble.

You also can't tell me anything about sales #'s. Ford has been right in the same category for HP for their entire lineup until Now. It's only in 2009/2010 models where their aged lineup of modular motors begin to shine. Their 300 HP f150 was comparable with chevy's 6.0 which had 300 hp until maybe last years model.

Starting basically this year, Ford has a lineup of extremely underpowered vehicles when compared to all their similar competetors. Only time will tell how their new models fair.

As a consumer, I don't have to put up with that BS. I've got any offering now to choose from that has the same quality with more power (Tundra and Silverado strike me as the models that keep getting truck of the year awards)

2010 brings Camaro and more Challenger. When it's in the full swing, after 2-3 years, we'll see how it goes.

Until then, why on God's green earth would I want a severly underpowered mustang when I can get a quality Camaro built on a Holden chassis that weighs only slightly more with 110 more HP.
    Jeremy

I don't think it's a bad idea, but like v8only it won't hurt my feelings if it doesn't come to fruition. I personally love a good debate it teaches me things, keep me sharp and on top of current events. I never joined the debate team in high school but it's the same idea. I engage with my friends in "heated" conversations about politics or whatever and then we go drink beer and play a round of golf or whatever it's all in good fun and no one really means any harm

The argument that this is a car forum and that should be elsewhere is valid and I'm sure is the reason it's not here, but like i said i like a good intelligent conversation about whats going on in the world and i don't want to hear from people i don't know, or from a political site. I feel at home here and around people that are like me and those are the kinds of places i like to have discussions, not with old white hairy suits.

Honestly I've posted a couple of political posts in the past, mainly if it had to do with the sport, or it was funny. And the only thing that went wrong in those posts were people coming in bashing me for posting it. If those people would just not read it or not say anything it would have been fine.

Anyway i digress, i think it would be a good idea but it won't happen i just thought i would stick up for ya v8.
    1985 Mustang GT:
    347 stroker
    Holley 750 double pumper
    xe274hr comp cam
    Victor jr. intake
    RPM aluminum heads
    roller rockers
    equal length shorty headers
    electric fan
    afco aluminum radiator
    american thunder series flowmasters
    pace setter off road h-pipe
    chrome OEM cobra rims

When someone respells "FORD" as "FAIL", considering all the layoffs and plant closures going on today, I find that pretty tasteless and appalling.

In case you havent noticed v8only, this site is about 79-86 Mustangs, Capris, and SVOs which is before modular engines were ever introduced.

Give the whole modular thing a rest...Nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Again with the Ford needs a pushrod engine and or more HP rant. Ford needs to do no such thing when both the Mustang AND the F150 outsell EVERY single vehicle in their respective classes year after year after year after year.....
    Well you can sit back and gloat that you were the best or continue to advance and develop new technology and remain the best.
    1985 Mustang GT:
    347 stroker
    Holley 750 double pumper
    xe274hr comp cam
    Victor jr. intake
    RPM aluminum heads
    roller rockers
    electric fan
    afco aluminum radiator
    chrome OEM cobra rims

Quote Originally Posted by ricko302 View Post
    When someone respells "FORD" as "FAIL", considering all the layoffs and plant closures going on today, I find that pretty tasteless and appalling.

In case you havent noticed v8only, this site is about 79-86 Mustangs, Capris, and SVOs which is before modular engines were ever introduced.

Give the whole modular thing a rest...Nobody cares.

Hey buddy, people do care, I'm getting quite the response.

For those with diminished reading abilities, my avatar is explained in my signature.
    Jeremy

Why don't you post your Modular BS on a 2005+ Mustang site?

Better yet why don't you set up a meeting with the CEO of Ford and explain to him how the company has it all wrong and they should take all your advice on what sells cars.

That would be comical.

Yes, while this nonsense is being bantered about on the Internet and in magazines, Mustang and F-150 continue to outsell any other model in their respective classes.

If only these armchair auto manufacturers were Ford CEOs. If only.....

Not meant in a smart way at all but really what is mustangs main competition? If you want american muscle where do you go? Dodge is stepping up but right now without the camaro mustang should be the only american sports car selling. The charger is cool and all but it's still a family sedan.
    1985 Mustang GT:
    347 stroker
    Holley 750 double pumper
    xe274hr comp cam
    Victor jr. intake
    RPM aluminum heads
    roller rockers
    electric fan
    afco aluminum radiator
    chrome OEM cobra rims

Not sure about a 4.6 Mustang (because I haven't driven one), but my Crown Vic averages 27.5 mpg as my DD and my truck pulls a trailer nicely, so I can't complain. I guess the point is that this is an early Fox site, I go elsewhere if I want to see anything else.
    http://www.foureyedfoxbody.com

'83 Mustang
    '95 Crown Vic
    '05 F-150
    '00 Lincoln LS

Allow me to smile at the irony of an argument breaking out in a thread about reducing arguments on the site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast