Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's Kevin Marti, from Marti Auto (.com), and the company does have all Ford paperwork (original invoices, etc.) through the Fox years and beyond. Marti Auto has it for all Ford models, not just Mustang. But they only have it sorted and ready to sell reports through the '79 model year. A member here whom has been in contact with the company has been told the work involved for '80 and later has been suspended until the economy improves. Don't know whom here that was or if it has any truth to it but it would make sense that if sales of the reports are slow or non-existent there is no incentive to keep putting in the hours to organize, sort, and database everything. Marti Auto spent a lot of money and went through a lot of legal wranglings to get all of the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    It's Kevin Marti, from Marti Auto (.com), and the company does have all Ford paperwork (original invoices, etc.) through the Fox years and beyond. Marti Auto has it for all Ford models, not just Mustang. But they only have it sorted and ready to sell reports through the '79 model year. A member here whom has been in contact with the company has been told the work involved for '80 and later has been suspended until the economy improves. Don't know whom here that was or if it has any truth to it but it would make sense that if sales of the reports are slow or non-existent there is no incentive to keep putting in the hours to organize, sort, and database everything. Marti Auto spent a lot of money and went through a lot of legal wranglings to get all of the stuff.
    It seems like he would just lose money though if he stopped. Look at it this way when the economy picks back up people will be ready to buy again (the reports) but he doesnt have anything ready cause he stopped and that would prob. keep a lot of people from buying from him (no matter if hes the only person that has the info).
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

FEP Power Member

I just ordered a door data sticker from them and they said it would be 6 more months, didnt say anything about putting it on hold. I talked to Brandi, she said she was the one inputing the data.
    Last edited by KCoker; 01-31-2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Kendal

New User

Hi, First post here. I have a 1984 gt hatch with t-tops. I traded a set of gm wheels for it and towed it home. This is my 3rd stang, I have a 11 sec 05 V6 auto (boss 245 on the mustangcollective.com), 73 mach 1 under resto and this car.
    I have been searching this site for info and ran across this thread. My car is rough, missing both floors and a bunch of parts that I have already bought on ebay.
    Anyways, I really like this car. I never even rode in a fox body before. (I have it running pretty well already, I have only had it for 2 weeks) My car is supposed to be dark charcoal with a charcoal int, it is the m code carb motor, has manual windows and locks, no air, cruise, rear defog, prem sound (missing, I would like to put it back in) the mentioned t-tops, remote fuel door release, a light in the glove box.

I guess I am wondering if there is a T-top only thread for info in these cars.

Posted pic's of each so you know i'm not lyin'!

I went as far as trying to see if the original dealership still had some kind of record of the t-top car I have. I had always heard some dealerships had a way of getting another window sticker if needed. I had no luck there, they said the records would have been gotten rid of many years ago. Has anyone else tried to contact the original dealer for the info?
    1985 SVO 4e
    1985 SVO 9L "Hertz"
    1985 SVO 2R T-top
    1985 SVO 2R
    1985 GT 'Vert Silver
    1985 GT Vert Light Regatta Blue
    1986 SVO 1C
    1986 GT 4E 'Vert
    1966 GT 'Vert
    2003 Mach1

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVOKip View Post
    I went as far as trying to see if the original dealership still had some kind of record of the t-top car I have. I had always heard some dealerships had a way of getting another window sticker if needed. I had no luck there, they said the records would have been gotten rid of many years ago. Has anyone else tried to contact the original dealer for the info?
    I did, all there records were distroyed with a change of ownership.
    Kendal

mike b's t-top had a silver sticker on the b pillar near the door striker on the drivers side. It is silver and has a contact phone number for sevice or repairs. Can't remember if it's from C&C or Pacific T-tops. I'm sure the pic is posted over on SVOCA.
    Ausie, Aussie, Aussie
    Oi, Oi, Oi

84 1C SVO "Blackie the Wonderbeater" (DECEASED!!!!)
    84 9L SVO T-TOP (under restoration)
    84 1C SVO T-TOP (Deceased)
    86 2R SVO (roller, future pro-tourer)

Hi Ken, Im knew to this forum I am looking at finding information and documentation of C&C just like you were in 2009, I am sure you have found much by now is there anyway you can share with me what you found. here is my email address at work:
    podziemj@matc.edu

THank you in advance,
    -John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12