Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fairmont tilt

Quote Originally Posted by zak View Post
    I recently purchased an 88 T-bird turbo coupe tilt column (floor shift type) with 47 K carfax verified original miles ;-)

If the black plastics that are on it are of use to someone (and I don't break any of the grey ones on my LTD LX, that I plan to re-use) please contact me.

Did the car still have the seats? I'm looking for a decent back seat (and maybe matching fronts if they aren't trashed); I think I can make it fit my Z7 and I would like to add a fold-down armrest.

The yard had long since disassembled it, Glisson's in IL. Might be worth checking out their car-part.com inventory
    1985 LTD LX original owner

Boy did I screw up! I got the tilt column in about 2 months ago, but I couldn't get centered. Hmmm... Well, because of another screw up on the starter relay, I figured I'd take the column out and chase the electrical issue. Luckily I had another untouched column from the donor, and realized I had the front bracket upside down, Almost 5/8" off center!

I wondered if the Capri clutch/brake bracket was different, if my dash could be slid over, and all the other nightmares, except the simple flipping of the bracket.

The starter relay issue is even dumber. I had the starter cable on the wrong side, along with all the fusible links. DUH!
    1979 Ford Fairmont 4-Eyed Squire (Mexican-Built) 3.3 I6 (200 CID) 4-Speed SROD Trans, Tri-Power

Enough, already! I forgot that the tilt column was never an option for the Sport Wheel, so I'm making my own and showing how, with lots of pics, in this new thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ers-or-Shrouds
    1979 Ford Fairmont 4-Eyed Squire (Mexican-Built) 3.3 I6 (200 CID) 4-Speed SROD Trans, Tri-Power

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12