Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    FEP Member

Yeah, they can be a pain...I even had to use the jack handle method on my 81 which has no rust. They were even worse on my 88 TC donor car which was quite rusty.

I just checked out your build thats going to be a awesome car when finished, I love these foxbody mustangs just so many options when choosing a powertrain, i just sold the 86 coupe in my avatar pic to a buddy he is putting a 5 speed 351 cleveland in it i will post his pics when he gets further along on it.

Good project on a good looking car. A clean notch with a modern drivetrain, with a nice set of wheels, done tastefully, typically turns out great. Looks like we have a couple of them in progress right now. I enjoy the pictures, keep them coming.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

FEP Super Member

Looking good so far.......you staying 4lug then I take it? What wheel choice you got in mind for it?
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

Well for now i'm going with the 10 Holes its kind of period correct would love to do some police wheels, my suspension will be all stock ride height due to tight budget, so i thought the 10 holes will feel the fender gaps up pretty good. I spent all day in front of the parts washer getting suspension pieces cleaned up. Hopefully i will turn the corner on it later in the week and start rebuilding the motor and get this baby running. The suspension really has took alot of time, since this car will be my daily driver i wanted everything perfect on the rebuild so i'm cleaning and inspecting everything to make sure its road worthy. Will post pics when i start putting suspension back on the car.

Wow thats a clean car, nice find.
    Black 1979 Cobra.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    Cool logo you got there...
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Me too, Merry Christmas Everybody

Alright Here is some pics from today i'm doing my auto to stick pedal swap
    Here is what came out

Here is what went back in

While i was doing the pedal swap i went ahead and swapped out the steering shaft boot the 79 one had seen better days
    Here is the one that came out

Here is what the finished product looked like with new boot and pedal swap and yes i haven't decided if i want to keep the auto or manual gas pedal yet

And here is what tommorrow's game plan is the newer style brake booster and master cylinder with the newer style brake lines, i have got to paint master
    cylinder, i just have it in there for mock up

And the drivetrain is waiting its turn next

I will post more pics tommorrow
    Last edited by biscwgn; 12-27-2008 at 12:56 AM.

is that a TKO 500? :P
    86 GT 5speed. TFS1, explorer motor, Edelbrock heads.

I wish just a stock T5, does have a hurst shifter and thats it

We are doing the same daily driver project. You are ahead of me in action but I look to be a bit ahead of you in the parts department. (93 EFI Cobra drivetrain with IRS) Our interiors are identical.

Glad you live in the big KY. I would hate to bump into you. Like wearing the same shirt at a party. Mine will be tan with a tan vinyl top... Keep posting pics. I love it !!!

Yeah you Gotta love the earth tone colors from the 70's your project sounds cool if you could shoot me some pics of that IRS install been thinking of doing that for awhile. Whats a good price to pay for a complete IRS?

FOR ONLY 350.00 why didn't you just buy a AJE k-member ?

Good progress.
    - Scott -
    • PAST CARS
    • 84 Capri
    • 96 SHO
    • 88 Mustang GT
    • 87 Mustang GT
    • 79 Capri -351W
    • 79 Mustang

I have a AJE k-member for another car i thought about it. But i didn't want to buy the spring perches or run coilovers on a daily driver and plus i have a complete donor car i'm using remember this is a budget build 350.00 is alot of change when your doing it on the cheap alot of times i get to involved in my builds and go way over budget and end up with something for the Dragstrip or a car show this one is for a daily driver so i figured
    doing a stock rebuild would keep me on track, heres couple pics of my other mustang that i went overboard on, and the k-member you are talking about

The whole build will be featured on a local website once I get started. Have to finish a couple of other projects first. I will drop a link to it when it is up.

the vert looks good cant wait to see the 79 finished. its gona look good if its anything like ur other project.

Well i'm going to try to make it look good, sounds good mustang matt can't wait to see it

Well i have spent the last two days stripping a 89LX 5.0 but i'm almost done, i believe this car was dipped in loctite i finally broke out the sawsall on the 8.8 79 will start coming together now.

Your vert looks great.
    1979 Mustang Ghia Coupe-missed
    1987 Mustang GT-Rusty-Gone
    1990 Mustang GT- DD with bolt ons

vert looks very nice are those 17" pony's?
    88 mustang Coupri
    2001 F250 power stroke
    85 merkur XR4TI
    79 capri rs soon to be nice
    65 mustang fastback (big project)
    69 camaro rough (bigger project gift from wife)

Sweet convertible...
    - Scott -
    • PAST CARS
    • 84 Capri
    • 96 SHO
    • 88 Mustang GT
    • 87 Mustang GT
    • 79 Capri -351W
    • 79 Mustang

Very nice rag, looking forward to seeing your completed notch!
    '83 Hatch - PBR Front/GT rear disc, Steeda Sport Springs, Tokico Blues, MM CC plates, 87+ sway bars

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast