Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Smile 79 Notch Project "Daily Driver" has begun

Well i finally got my 79 Notch home to do a 5.0 5speed swap. The 79 is almost mint condition just has normal wear. Anyway everybody has been helping me pick out my Cam and Carb in the Mods section. I will post pics of progress it will be starting tommorrow. I want sleep a wink, last pic is the heart donor

Very nice, I have a 79 Notch too and im thinking about putting a roller engine in mine.
    Good luck.
    1979 Mustang Ghia Coupe-missed
    1987 Mustang GT-Rusty-Gone
    1990 Mustang GT- DD with bolt ons

Looks real sweet. Keep us posted
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

My biggest decision was EFI or Carb and for now it will be carb but i'm keeping all the EFI stuff handy but the roller 5 speed should be fun

FEP Member

Super nice coupe ya got there.

Really nice coupe, why are you parting the aero is it hit in the rear/rusty?
    '83 Hatch - PBR Front/GT rear disc, Steeda Sport Springs, Tokico Blues, MM CC plates, 87+ sway bars

Yeah the car in the garage has more rust than anyone i have ever seen i don't even know if jacks are safe under it!

nice notch
    84 lx notch

Its got the 200. I like those, be nice if someone built one up I wonder what it can do. I love how it has the console delete, I want to do that to my car.

Here is the 79 right before surgery, the other car is in recovery had more pics but forgot to turn flash on too dark to post.

FEP Member

Nice vert too!!!

Yeah thats my money pit only other thing i have lost more money on is my 401K the vert is a Dart Block 347 single turbo with c4 reverse manual and baer brakes pony r's chrome moly cage blah blah, still has factory AC and PS PB i was building it to be a sleeper. Problem is i can't never get it to wake up its always asleep on the jack stands.

Nice cars you have there.
    +
    ++
    +++
    ++++

Fun is fun, and done is done!

Super nice interior on the 79'.
    1997 Pacific Green Cobra #5538
    1979 Mustang Pace Car
    1980 Cobra (undergoing 2V resto mod)
    1982 GT (undergoing an EFI conversion)
    1986 Omni GLHS #415
    1984 SVO
    1979 Cobra (Jade Green 2.3T awaiting resto)

Yeah the whole car is in really good shape i hate to even strip it down for 5.0 swap but i promise it will be remain stock appearing as possible, I also believed the foxbody mustangs looked great right off the showroom floor.

Nice! Keep us posted!

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Nice! I really like the idea of taking a '79 & modernizing \ updating the drive train to later spec's & daily driving it. It should be ultra light & get great gas mileage too! 20mpg city & 30 mpg on the highway should be very attainable......
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Yeah i can't wait to see how good it does on gas, later i'm going to put A/C back on the car its got it right now but i have to figure out what all i need to make it work with newer style compressor, but its a learning curve, i almost have motor ready to come out hopefully coming out tommorrow night after work, only like motor mount bolts and unhooking a couple of wires. I love these old foxbody mustangs everytime i work on one i learn something new.

car looks good. looks like a nice project

Smile

Alright here is some pics from Saturday. Got Motor out and all of the front suspension. Going to clean everyting tommorrow and get ready to put 5.0 K-member in the car. Thats my Dad in the first pic He usual hangs around and listens to me cuzz at nuts and bolts!!!!!!!!

As the heart is coming out

Alright now for 30 years of grease coming out.

Well most of the grease came out with K-member rest will come out
    tommorrow

Well the First real day in the Books will post progress pics tommorrow

FEP Member

Nice garage too, I'm jealous!! I'd love to have a garage I could fit 3 cars in, would make things so much easier.

Your project looks a lot like mine, only I'm dropping in an EFI 2.3 turbo in my coupe.

Cool project.
    1980 Mercury Capri
    stock block 306, s-trim
    afr185's, comp cam
    pa supercomp c4
    10.34@130

Alright heres sunday's progress slow going got k-member in and squared up

But i wasted my whole day robbing spindles off my 89 Donor my GOD these things are tough to get off, If i had it to do over i would have bought spindles before hand. I will post more pics this week, Thanks for Compliments on my garage, I tripping over stuff right now got junk sitting everywhere for this build.

FEP Member

Why were the spindles so hard to get off...pickle fork + 5lbs. hammer = great success

Or are you speaking of the strut bolts? For them I use breaker bar + jack handle for leverage.

Yeah the Strut Bolts they were almost impossible to get out, Spindle itself came off with the BFH, my donor car is a rust bucket but it is saving a rust free 79 once i get past the suspension stuff, the drivetrain will go fast.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast