Close

Question 1983 walnut interior production numbers

Can anyone either venture an educated guess, or point me in the right direction as far as finding production numbers for my 1983 coupe with a factory walnut (dark brown) interior? The Interior Trim code on the door tag is "DE". I have been recently informed that this is a one-year only interior color, and I think I will now leave it as such. I am just dying to find out just how rare this is. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 158227
    Can anyone either venture an educated guess, or point me in the right direction as far as finding production numbers for my 1983 coupe with a factory walnut (dark brown) interior?
    That number is unknown at this time. Marti Auto is working on it. There are published numbers for the five exterior colors available with the Walnut interior, but they're for 5.0L models only, and I wouldn't trust the book they came from anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 158227
    The Interior Trim code on the door tag is "DE".
    DE = Mustang GL low-back cloth and vinyl (D), Walnut (E)
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

The exterior is medium yellow (code 61). This car was originally a 3.8L/Auto with A/C. Thank you all for your help with this.

Well, my 83 5.0 notch SSP was Light Desert Tan exterior with the Dark Walnut interior.
    79 Capri RS 5.0/AOD | 82 CHP SSP #0513 5.0/SROD | 82 Capri Tu-Tone 4.2/C5 | 83 NCSHP SSP 5.0/SROD
    84 FHP SSP 5.0/T5 | 84 LTD Wagon 3.8/AOD | 85 LTD LX 5.0/AOD | 88 GT 5.0 Turbo/T5

PICS lol.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis
    There are published numbers for the five exterior colors available with the Walnut interior, but they're for 5.0L models only, and I wouldn't trust the book they came from anyway.
    Here's the production numbers for the 5.0L coupe I was talking about.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...ngs/index.html

Again, those are for 5.0L model only (P26F = passenger car (P), coupe (26), 5.0L(F)), and I wouldn't trust the book they came from. It also says that was GLX only but the GL and L coupes had the same 26 body code, although the 5.0L engine wasn't available in the L coupe.

The five exterior colors available with Walnut interior, at least according to Mustang literature, were:

Bright Bittersweet
    Dark Walnut Metallic
    Polar White
    Medium Desert Tan Glow
    Light Desert Tan

The Capri Literature said that Medium Yellow was also available with Walnut interior, so the Mustang lit is probably wrong in that regard. Either that or I misread it. Or Medium Yellow became available with Walnut after the Mustang lit was printed.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 10-31-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I'd like to see pic's of it! I bet it looks sharp with the Yellow/Brown combination.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    I'd like to see pic's of it! I bet it looks sharp with the Yellow/Brown combination.
    It sucked. I'll see if I have any.
    79 Capri RS 5.0/AOD | 82 CHP SSP #0513 5.0/SROD | 82 Capri Tu-Tone 4.2/C5 | 83 NCSHP SSP 5.0/SROD
    84 FHP SSP 5.0/T5 | 84 LTD Wagon 3.8/AOD | 85 LTD LX 5.0/AOD | 88 GT 5.0 Turbo/T5

Pace Car

I'm considering this car right now. Is this Walnut interior?

Looks like it. That's an '83 or '84 and there was no brown in '84.

Well my car was originally Light Desert Tan with Walnut interior...I had to make the car my own. Somedays I wonder if I should have gone original.
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Well my car was originally Light Desert Tan with Walnut interior...I had to make the car my own. Somedays I wonder if I should have gone original.
    Don't look back! Your car looks awesome the way it turned out.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Tan looks cool! Personally I'd love to have a tan/walnut combo. It's kind of one of those things though, it seems people either love it or hate it. But if you don't like it, it's your car, it's for you to do as you please.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have decided to make the car my own. Sorry, purists, but that interior color is just too much for me. My wife has never even ridden in the car, because she says it's "too ugly". I would still like to know actual production numbers for this color combo, just for curiosity's sake, if anyone can come up with them. Thanks again for all the input fellas! Keep these four-eyes alive!!!!!!

P.S.- come spring, I'll be sure to post some good burn-out pictures of my injected 306, T-5(weak link!!), 4.10 gear 8.8, line-lock street stomper!!!