Close

Default Grand Prix Official Pace Car?? Mercury Capri???

Anyone else seen these?

http://grandprix.mercurycapri.com/
    1980 Mercury Capri. 5.0 Operation "Face Off"

yep

Awesome cars. Several guys on here have them and at the ascMcLaren.org site.

-Mike

Neither here nor there

I want one...XBGT is going to give me his he said.

I think that is what he said?

That is a pretty sweet car....
    "Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy Sir."

There was one for sale on ebay a couple years ago. I think it finally sold. Way more than I would want to pay, but it is very rare.
    1984 Capri RS 5.0 (deceased)
    1994 F-150
    2001 Mustang Bullitt
    2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser (son's ride)
    2008 Mazda Tribute

they are pretty rare to see, unless you live in Mi. there are atleast 2 here that get around shows.

Here are a few pics of mine in FL. Jeff, better take a number. I have, count 'em, 4 guys inquiring with me on the GP. It really is reminding me of my Aussie XC Falcon Cobra, very few built, rarely advertised, typically sold person to person, behind the scenes. I am afraid I will cave and sell it and regret it. Of all the cars I have ever owned, the GP and my former Aussie XC Cobra are probably the two that once sold, probably never have a shot at another. At least for me, my GP is probably the best running carb'ed Fox car I have ever owned. Awesome to drive and does it get the looks going down the road. I might take it out Saturday night to our weekly cruise at Burger King in Pensacola, will post pics if I can get out this week.
    Cheers, Chris

Here is my former Cobra # 226 / 400 I packed and shipped it back to Australia a year ago.

here is a pic in the shipping container

and out of the container back in Australia
    83RS
    86 Eurocoupe
    85 GPIV
    86 SVO
    82GT
    86 SVO
    www.LastV8.com

Chris,,

Nice shots, But you cannot sell now the Price went up this week.

Why you ask???

I just got the latest Modified Mustang Mag. and there is a Picture and small write up of MY CAR with some info and a link to the Granprix web site

Quote Originally Posted by plumkrazy View Post
    Chris,,

Why you ask???

I just got the latest Modified Mustang Mag. and there is a Picture and small write up of MY CAR with some info and a link to the Granprix web site
    Awesome, Mark!!! What month? I do not get that one. I get so many others I barely get to thumb through along with the Aussie car mags that I just cannot get them all in the mail, so I will pick up one off the rack here and there. BUT, congrats to yaz!

Well, I have not decided if the car is even for sale. The one thing missing from the fellows that have asked, an offer. I would never call it something not for sale, but can be bought type of thing, but have not been inclined to get into a back and forth situation. A buyer knows what they can or will put into a deal. I have not had anyone tell me what they would or could do or not do.

The car is such a fabulous ride and what I would consider one of the rarest Fox cars, I have to honestly say I cannot believe I ever got a shot at it (THANKS, David!!).
    Cheers,
    Chris
    83RS
    86 Eurocoupe
    85 GPIV
    86 SVO
    82GT
    86 SVO
    www.LastV8.com

BTW, Mark, I guess I do need to swap out my avator, maybe I will put the Eurocoupe up, I have not used it before.
    83RS
    86 Eurocoupe
    85 GPIV
    86 SVO
    82GT
    86 SVO
    www.LastV8.com

NOV. 2008 Modified Mustangs & Fords page 100
    Last edited by plumkrazy; 10-03-2008 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plumkrazy View Post
    Chris,,

Why you ask???

Mark, just got my copy in the mail, good for you, nice pic of it!!

chris
    83RS
    86 Eurocoupe
    85 GPIV
    86 SVO
    82GT
    86 SVO
    www.LastV8.com

Chris, if you sell the GP you might not be the capri king anymore. I cant believe Dave sold it and I cant believe you would sell it.
    1982 Mustang GT

Rich, naw, note to worry, I have no plans on it going anywhere. Just trash talk on my end, dude! lol I guess it just was surprising to me to have so many at one time asking me about a car that was not advertised for sale. =) Trust me, I feel very lucky to own both the ASC cars. HEY, did you notice, I just switched avatars? Mark's and mine were almost the same, since he was first with his GP, I swapped out. Whatcha think?
    83RS
    86 Eurocoupe
    85 GPIV
    86 SVO
    82GT
    86 SVO
    www.LastV8.com

I think both cars are looking awesome, glad to see the EC with the right rims on it. That is what I wanted to do with her when I owned her. It hasnt been too much of a project has it? There were a couple of people on this board that did not buy it becuase they thought that it was too much of a project car. I was just honest about the condition. I think you have it looking great and for a running, driving car. It is where it needs to be now, down south, away from the winters of the north. Glad you bought it and enjoy it both the EC and the GP. Hope life is being kind.
    1982 Mustang GT

Rich,
    it has been a fine car. Only problem I have had is enough time to drive them all, enough. I have NO regrets on it and cannot imagine not owning either of them. I always wanted an E.C. so glad to own lucky number 13, lol
    Cheers
    Chris

I do need to pull the wheels back off and put the new wheels centers in, but other than that, just add fuel and a driver! =)
    Cheers,
    Chris
    83RS
    86 Eurocoupe
    85 GPIV
    86 SVO
    82GT
    86 SVO
    www.LastV8.com

VERY Nice cars boys, i wish id never sold my silver ASC Capri GP 4, but its in better hands an its back im Mich
    NOS is like a hot girl with an std, u want to hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.

"VERY Nice cars boys, i wish id never sold my silver ASC Capri GP 4, but its in better hands an its back im Mich"

Ah, if your name is Myers, than XBGT's silver Motorsport Capri IS your silver GP4(or at least used to be.).
    He bought if off the guy you sold it to.
    1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry
    Official Pace Car of the Mercury Motor City 100 - Grand Prix IV

www.Motorsportcapri.com

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

:drewl: :whine: I'm so jealous right now....
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....