Close

Pace Car

Default New Arrival Today - '85 RS

Well, I brought another one home for the stable. It is a 2 owner RS with 130kms (80k miles) and the previous owner has owned it since '87. Not sure of the exterior colours exact name, but I believe only 1 silver/grey could be ordered with the Tan interior. No options other than sunroof, no mods, or repairs and paint is all original. Interestingly, it only has an RS emblem on the drivers side and I am certain the passenger side moulding is original. Also, it has the GS emblem on the rear, instead of the RS decal like my other car. Buck tag on rad support does indicate 'CRS'. Any thoughs? Additional pics on the trailer in my album and I will put up some more once I give it a cleaning. First order of business is to repair the sagging headliner. I will post/search for advice on this elsewhere on the site.

Bill

See everyone, there are STILL some good Capris out there to be had. Good find and looks like it's been well taken care of. MORE PICS!!!
    '86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.

I'm jealous.

She looks great
    -John-

79 Mercury Capri RS: 5.0L 5 speed swap
    83 Mustang GT: 5.0L 5 Speed
    83 Mustang GT T-Top: 5.0L 5 Speed
    84 Mustang L: 2.3L 4 Speed
    85 LTD Wagon: 358W 5 speed swap
    87 Mustang LX: 5.0L 5 speed swap

Yeah, that looks nice.. You dont see many silver, with tan interior to boot.

The line workers must of been real confused when building this one. Only putting the RS molding on one side and then throwing on A GS emblem on the hatch...lol

Does it still have the door tag ?

Great score any way!
    Original Owners Club
    Please post your name and ride in here:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/group.php?groupid=3

I dont like you.............. I'm just playing man thats awesome. I noticed the lone RS molding thats weird. Tan int. with a sunroof.(I want it). Definately more pics. O yeah is it a 5spd.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

Great find! Kinda looks like mine, But i have grey interior.
    1985 Capri RS 5.0 5 Speed
    1994 Thunderbird LX 4.6
    1978 Country Squire 7.5
    2004 Mustang GT 4.6

Awesome.

Looks like mine too only yours has sunroof glass that isn't shattered and a roof thats together. Love the mixed badging. What are the last 6 digits on the vin? Perhaps your car can shed some light on the mystery??

Not bad at all for a Canadian car. Nice find. That Capri looks real nice.
    Cheers...Bob (83 V8 RS T's)

My foureyed cars of the past:
    86 Mustang Cobra GT I miss this one!
    81 Mustang 3.3L I-6 Hatchback

The one I'll never sell:
    83 Capri RS 5.0L T-top

Wow..looks nice!..That's crazy, one RS molding. My 85 RS was medium charcoal metallic. On the hatch,my capri had the mercury sign on the right & the capri RS decal on the left. Good Luck.

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Nice! Must of been closing time at the plant & in a hurry to get to the pub...
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Nice find.
    +
    ++
    +++
    ++++

Fun is fun, and done is done!

Looks like a great project!
    http://www.foureyedfoxbody.com

'83 Mustang
    '95 Crown Vic
    '05 F-150
    '00 Lincoln LS

Pace Car

Here's an interior shot after some light clean-up, and yes it is a 5 speed Lat six digits of the VIN are 615946 if that will indicate anything. My other Capri GS has Mercury on the driver's side and Capri on the passenger side...?

I love the patina this car has with the paint worn down to primer in spots and even surface rust where the primer has worn through. Is there any way to preserve the look? Could I clearcoat or seal the rust so it won't do anymore damage? I have no intention of repainting the car, if it must be done I will remove the rust and try to replicate the primer in those spots, though I imagine that would be a tough task. Offer any suggestions you may have.
    Last edited by Pace Car; 09-15-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Nice car Bill. Looks like you will need add an addition to your garage.

Sweet Capri. Enjoy her!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

why don't you want to paint it?

Pace Car

I have rarely seen a repaint (<$5k) that I liked or couldn't find flaws in, so I only collect/buy original paint cars. You also know exactly what you are getting with a car that hasn't been repainted - less surprises, and even those who think they've seen it all get caught now and then. I really love the weathered look to this one and want to preserve it the way it is. Also, you never get the money out of a paint job at resale, so if I need to move one car to purchase another, I don't feel like I lost on the deal....just the way my clouded 4 eyed head works

I can see what you are saying, but I've also seen repaints less than 2K look great. It's all in the prep and based upon what I see there, you've got a great foundation to start upon.

Perhaps if you have the space (and willingness), try painting it yourself, then you'll only be out materials and labor.m It's funny your car (exterior) looks exactly like the one I purchased from California that got damaged by the cargo company and still has yet to be resolved 100%.

U lucky son of a gun. LOL Nice find and yes you can do a repaint to give it a weathred look. I have seen it done on old 50's trucks. It looks awsome. I say try it your self. Just remember to kill that rust or it will kill ur car. Their is a reason y every1 calls it cancer. You have to remove it or it will keep growing. Good luck.
    2004 Mach 1 The garge queen
    1988 F250 5.8L 5 spd 4x4 A true work horse!
    1980 F100 stepside Yard ordament
    1983 Capri L 5.8L FINALLY!!!
    ^Ready to play!!!!

thats one odd interior but i like it
    \\MERCURY Better than a FORD but not quite a LINCOLN//

that is a good one looks like p.o took care of it.does it have grey seats hard to tell with the pics.i like original paint too.i have been holding out painting mine too

That is a pretty nice ride....what is the engine size and transmission...
    "Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy Sir."

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsGood View Post
    that is a good one looks like p.o took care of it.does it have grey seats hard to tell with the pics.i like original paint too.i have been holding out painting mine too
    they look tan to me that why i find them odd
    \\MERCURY Better than a FORD but not quite a LINCOLN//

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Car View Post
    I have rarely seen a repaint (<$5k) that I liked or couldn't find flaws in, so I only collect/buy original paint cars. You also know exactly what you are getting with a car that hasn't been repainted - less surprises, and even those who think they've seen it all get caught now and then. I really love the weathered look to this one and want to preserve it the way it is. Also, you never get the money out of a paint job at resale, so if I need to move one car to purchase another, I don't feel like I lost on the deal....just the way my clouded 4 eyed head works
    For Sure, I have alot of work for my Capri ahead of me. It's a repaint, but I got a great deal on it.