Close

Default I bought a bargin! IS FOR SALE!!!

I just bought over the weekend an '84 Capri for no kidding $500 bucks cash! I even drove her home. She has some issues and the title has *salvage rebuilt* on it but she is dang near 100% complete. I wish my camera was working or I'd post some pic's she isn't bad. She has a 3.8 V6 with and auto tranny. I know that tranny has been taken out and replaced due to it being a 4 spd. She needs a little work to make her run top notch as the tranny slips a little and the trottlebody sticks and tries to flood herself at times. But when she is working right she takes off like no tomorrow. I put her up and over 85mph and was about to bend the needle when my exit on the hwy came up. The interior is intact but needs alot of help as it is a southern car. The seats and carpet are good but the plastic is really rough. Its complete but faded and blotchy.The car has been sitting a long while as I had to take the sway bar off today after finding out the mount had rusted off the frame. From about the A-arm forward to the front end mounts the frame is 85% gone due to a more then likely old battery explosion that wasn't cleaned up. It is a 100% fixable problem that you have to look for to find it. I love the car but I know she will be for sale shortly as I just bought her for a get around car until my '86 vert gets her new motor a 3.8 SC to replace her wornout 3.8CFI. Just had to tell some guys who actually care as we all know how wives can be!
    Last edited by krzymnky; 10-25-2008 at 09:32 PM. Reason: My luck is now your luck!

Get some pics up asap!

Yeah, Lets see some pics
    I got lucky late last year. The car in my avatar I bought for $500. Totally rust free and runs pretty well. Nice find. Always good to save another Capri.
    1985 Capri RS 5.0 5 Speed
    1994 Thunderbird LX 4.6
    1978 Country Squire 7.5
    2004 Mustang GT 4.6

Pics, please. Thank you.
    Robert

1986 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 -red
    1985 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - red
    1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1984 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 - white
    1984 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - white
    1983 Capri RS Crimson Cat - red
    1982 Capri RS Black Magic - white
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

Congrats on your find!
    - Scott -
    • PAST CARS
    • 84 Capri
    • 96 SHO
    • 88 Mustang GT
    • 87 Mustang GT
    • 79 Capri -351W
    • 79 Mustang

FEP Member

Sweet, now get a camera and get some pics..

here are pic's you are all dying to see...

the last one shows the extent of the rust from under the battery box.other then that shes pretty solid underneath. so I can't complain too much for a $500 beater. I roasted the tires pretty good tonight and loved every second of it.
    I know all of you are eyeing that mustang in the last photo. yes that is mine too.that's my baby and I got plans for her. shes a 86 droptop 3.8 aod rust free socal car with 130k original miles.sorry not for sale.
    Last edited by krzymnky; 03-02-2009 at 08:55 PM.

Good score! will be sweet when done

Wow, that thing looks pretty nice.

Mike
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

going to take some more pics tonight and hopefully post them later.
    shes a spunky little 3.8, gunna be going through alot of tires with this one.

Not bad for 500. Other than the rot under the battery it looks like a decent car.
    +
    ++
    +++
    ++++

Fun is fun, and done is done!

hey, krzymnky, not sure if you noticed in your "wanted" thread that I responded that I do have a 3.8 fan shroud. Just mentioning in case you missed my post.

chris
    83RS
    86 Eurocoupe
    85 GPIV
    86 SVO
    82GT
    86 SVO
    www.LastV8.com

hey guys I hate to do this but I got to sell this thing. I know I just got her right. Well tranny started going out on her and my stang really needs to get finished engine wise. So i am putting her up for sale. You all know what I paid and I hate asking for more then that especially with her bad tranny but I need the cash more for the stang. In the classifieds I'm asking $1000 but I know you guys here in the Capri's could do her more justice. I've done some work on her and would just like the money out of her plus what I paid for her. So i am asking $1000 but am totally willing to work on a price with the right person. I just want to see her off to a resto as you don't see many capri's rolling around. thanks guys. let me know if your interested.

Hey guys the first $600 takes her.I just want the money I put into her out of her. I can't justify letting her sit when someone who has the time and money to do her right can start on it. My loss your gain. I just want to see her go to a good home. I'd fix her up right but I already have a project car and cannot afford to have two. My wife would leave me if I tried.

Sad to see this portion of the site going away. Worse yet sad to see the my Capri is still sitting there broken and noone to take her home.Hope to see someone come and take her.Maybe one of the last of the dying breed or diehard capri fans.We( the car and I) can only be so lucky. Still for sale $600 bucks.Any takers?
    '86 Convertible 3.8
    N/A car getting swapped to a 3.8 SC
    Been a long uphill battle, but is inching closer to completion.

This thread took a strange turn.....
    1985 Mustang GT:
    347 stroker
    Holley 750 double pumper
    xe274hr comp cam
    Victor jr. intake
    RPM aluminum heads
    roller rockers
    equal length shorty headers
    electric fan
    afco aluminum radiator
    american thunder series flowmasters
    pace setter off road h-pipe
    chrome OEM cobra rims

tell me about it. fell in love with this damn car and now have to get rid of it about a month after i get it. damn the hands of fate! two projects are too much for my budget.
    '86 Convertible 3.8

I just hope that you can find the right home for it. Good luck.
    Robert

1986 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 -red
    1985 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - red
    1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1984 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 - white
    1984 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - white
    1983 Capri RS Crimson Cat - red
    1982 Capri RS Black Magic - white
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

Yes, I know and pray for each day.Only had one person look at it so far. A little Private in the USMC. Kid likes it because the hatchback can handle a lot of speakers, but has to talk to his fiance' about buying it. I did drive her around the block a couple times before I parked her.God I miss driving either of my foxes.Come on guys. Someone wants another project I know it. Someone please don't let this kid get it. This car deserves better. Still up for sale at $600 bucks.
    '86 Convertible 3.8

great buy

Yeah, I know I had a great buy and now that I can't afford another project it's a perfect one for someone else.
    '86 Convertible 3.8

Just put it up nice and safe until a rainy day...
    **Life is a web woven by necessity and chance**

1982 GT BLK/BLK w/ sunroof
    1985 GT Vert
    1986 LX Hatch
    1993 LX Vert

Don't have anywhere to put it. Besides I need the money now to complete my stang
    '86 Convertible 3.8