Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What could the value be??

looking to buy a four eyed, and had my eye on this 84 capri rs. The car is rusted over and has been sitting, none of the rust looks to be holes yet the tai pipe is almost rusted off though it is a silver with orange stripe and silver vinyl seats and the three point wheels when i asked the guy about it he said it has been sitting for 8 yrs he said he is the original owner and has 60,000 miles. he also said that the carb was leeking but runs when warm is there a value to this car or is it worth even messin with.

Thanks

Depends on how much rust it has. Pics would help.
    1980 Capri RS

I will try to go over to get a pic. but the rust is about 35%-50% over the entire car.

here is one from my phone
    Attached Images Attached Images  

500-700 if it runs
    1973 Montego GT 1981 Capri RS (351C)
    1971 Cyclone GT 1971 Cyclone GT
    1970 Cyclone 1969 Marauder X-100
    1970 Fairlane 500 (429SCJ) 1986 ASC McLaren Capri Vert
    1985 ASC Capri Coupe 2008 Bullitt 2013 GT 1985 Capri
    2001 GT 1994 XR7 1986 Capri
    1972 Mercury Montego/Ranchero conversion

well it does not currently run may take some effort but is were the effort?
    I really like this car 5.0 5spd RS what more could you ask for.

Blog Entries

That's a pretty scary pic, I'm afraid.

The question is, how much money and time are you willing and able to devote to this car if you take it on as a project? And would waiting 6-8 months while saving more money towards a potentially better car be a more prudent decision?

We've a lot of guys who have taken absolute basket cases on and made them spectacular. But we've also had a lot of guys who have taken decent running cars apart, and then never got them put back together, gave up and moved on, and the car no longer exists.

We have a positively terrifying 84 RS here that is awaiting it's turn for parts and attention. But, it's sitting in the meantime, and will be sitting for a LONG time, we have other things that have to be taken care of first.

If you have the garage space, a healthy budget and a LOT of patience and determination, then there's no problem. If not, keep saving and keep looking.

well I have the Garage space, and have a ton of time to slowly work on it at least get it running. I would be really be mad if it turned in to a parts car after all it is all original and needs a lot of exterior work but maybe just maybe in the long run it could be a worthy car after all I do not intend to spend more then $100 to acquire it form the owner he does have the original wheels the three spoke kinda wheels I think it is a tr** package. With exception of the rust the body has no dents or missing pieces in it all glass and pwr windows and locks.

Blog Entries

Well, it sounds like you'd really like to save the car, and I like hearing that. 84 RSes are scarce. Very scarce. Upper front bumper cover is one year only. Production numbers were not high at all.

I just hate seeing folks jump into something, get over their heads, have a bad ownership experience, get discouraged and abandon the project in some form or another. That's why I try to be pretty serious from the get-go on things like this. Something like that car won't be easy, but we certainly would love to see another Capri put back on the road, and folks here are more than happy to help look for parts and troubleshoot and all that.

If that car doesn't work out for some reason, stick around here, and we'll see if we can't find you another Capri.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Well as soon as I get the car there will be many pics and updates, but in the mean time there will be alot of researching of these cars. does antone know the prodution #s of a 1984 RS 5.0.

Blog Entries

http://foureyedpride.com/content/view/22/38/

They may not be exact, but are good enough for a ballpark figure.

eeek, it does look pretty rusty, and that's just what i can see from the pic. have a look at those torque boxes and frame rails before you get too serious. definately an awesome car though if your willing to do the work.
    1988gt hiding in a 90lx
    1985 capri gs 5.0-
    3 88lx parts cars
    89gt parts car
    [U]2 95intrepid-1parts,1daily driver
    www.mustangcanada.com

Yea I will definitely look under the car. and wow i did not know that they made so few of these cars. so would $100 be to much for this car even if it has to be trailered to my garage?

definately worth 100 bucks if it was smashed to pieces. you can get like 200 bucks a car now from the crusher. have you checked the price of steel lately?
    1988gt hiding in a 90lx
    1985 capri gs 5.0-
    3 88lx parts cars
    89gt parts car
    [U]2 95intrepid-1parts,1daily driver
    www.mustangcanada.com

steel is that much now. well hopefully he will let go to me before the city tows it and smashes it. they have already gave him notices.

If you get it for $100.00,that would be a awsome deal! Even if it is beyond repair it's worth that all day long! I'm sure it would provide alot of good parts. Hopefully you can pick it up and it would be a very good thing to save and restore that Capri.GOOD-LUCK!
    Cheers...Bob (83 V8 RS T's)

My foureyed cars of the past:
    86 Mustang Cobra GT I miss this one!
    81 Mustang 3.3L I-6 Hatchback

The one I'll never sell:
    83 Capri RS 5.0L T-top

Well I hope so i really don't want to see another one go to the yard.

Default More Pics

Got these today, but the guy said he wants a high school to use it as a project, until he told me that last time he did that they stole a mirror off an old sable and half of the trim inside was gone I told him if they will do that to a sable they are going to rip apart this on and it will be on ebay in a week. But any how he said to check back in a few days he may change his mind. here are some better pics. let me know if I should still peruse it or not.

Default more Pics 2

here are some more

Default 1 more

just one more

it looks pretty nice to me looks like surface rust. where is it located north south

You gotta love that washington moss on the back.... You have to get it! keep working the owner

It is located in north washington, and i will be going over to talk to the owner I can only hope that he will give in.

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85 View Post
    84 RSes are scarce. Very scarce. Upper front bumper cover is one year only. Production numbers were not high at all.
    I hate hearing that... I am about to scrap my black 84 T-Top RS 5.0 5sped (which actually was originally the silver/orange combo) I really dont want to but It is in way too rough of shape

Mine is a 84 RS with T-Tops and I also bought it in washington from the 2nd owner about 6 years ago and I also did alot of work on it. you can see it in the northwest get together photos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast