Close

Default Need battery/tray pictures

OK,
    Any of you guys with a SEFI 5.0L I need to look at some pics of how your battery tray and battery mounts on the drivers side. Im really looking for pics of the tray from above and/or looking forward to see how close the tray is to the radiator/shroud/overflow bottle. If anyone can post some pics I would appreciate that. Thanks in advance.

T

I made a custom battery tray from some angle iron and flat stock I bought from Lowes.
    After welding and grinding, I gave it a coat of gloss black paint.

'86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.

Thanks. That looks great but I was still hoping someone could post pics of the stock battery tray/battery (group 58).

T

FEP User
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA (Inland Empire in So Cal)

there is one long bolt that goes through the bottom of the tray and into the frame of the car. the bolt feeds through a threaded clamp and hole in the metal below the battery tray.

then there are two smaller bolts that go through the edge of the tray that bolt into the fdriver side of the engine compartment

I'll try to get some pics for you later tonight when I get home
    Last edited by letsgosteelers; 08-24-2008 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capri debris View Post
    I made a custom battery tray from some angle iron and flat stock I bought from Lowes.
    After welding and grinding, I gave it a coat of gloss black paint.
    Debris, That looks really good man... You should make a few more! I'm in for one if you have the spare time...
    1985 Mustang GT
    Stock 302 5.0 HO 4bbl
    3" Custom Exhaust
    Too much else to list
    2004 Mercury Marauder DTR
    Blown A2A Intercooled - Paxton NOVI 1200
    Stainless Works Long Tube Headers
    Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust w/ 4" custom tips
    4.10s - SCT - 492.6 RWHP & 430.0 ft/lbs - 09/25/08
    12.23 @ 117... *on BFG street tires*

FEP User

Quote Originally Posted by letsgosteelers View Post
    there is one long bolt that goes through the bottom of the tray and into the frame of the car. the bolt feeds through a threaded clamp and hole in the metal below the battery tray.

then there are two smaller bolts that go through the edge of the tray that bolt into the fdriver side of the engine compartment

I'll try to get some pics for you later tonight when I get home

letsgosteelers-
    Great pics. Thank you very much!!

What year car is that? Is that the stock battery cables/battery? Is that a group 58 or group 56 battery?

On SEFI Mustang I thought the positive battery post/cable was towards the rear of the car so as to be closer to the starter solenoid - but your pics show it the other way around? Or I could be dead wrong - thats why I asked for the pics. Let me know.

T
    Last edited by TWR2003; 08-27-2008 at 10:09 PM.

FEP User

T,

this is an 86 GT.

Honestly I don;t remember what size battery this is. This car sat for 15 yrs and I think I got the battery back in Dec but I just took in the old one and got a replacement at Sears.

I know it is smaller than what goes in an 89 because i tried to use my bro-in-laws battery hold down and it didn't work on my tray. It was a big block and i remember mine was kinda like a wedge. I then tried his whole tray and my battery just danced in there, it was too small.

....>>> ok, just went outside and checked, it's a Group 56.

Ground cable is the stock one, positive cable was replaced from autozone but the ground was always in that location.

hope this helps...
    Last edited by letsgosteelers; 08-27-2008 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgosteelers View Post
    T,

this is an 86 GT.

Honestly I don;t remember what size battery this is. This car sat for 15 yrs and I think I got the battery back in Dec but I just took in the old one and got a replacement at Sears.

I know it is smaller than what goes in an 89 because i tried to use my bro-in-laws battery hold down and it didn't work on my tray. It was a big block and i remember mine was kinda like a wedge. I then tried his whole tray and my battery just danced in there, it was too small.

....>>> ok, just went outside and checked, it's a Group 56.

Ground cable is the stock one, positive cable was replaced from autozone but the ground was always in that location.

hope this helps...
    Yes that helps alot. Thanks!

If anyone else has any pictures (like the ones letsgosteelers took) of a SEFI Mustang with the group 58 battery and can post them Id appreciate that.

Thanks again

T

That homemade battery tray is nice.
    +
    ++
    +++
    ++++

Fun is fun, and done is done!