Close

Default 80 Intermeccanica 35K Miles, Just Bought

Folks,

I just bought one. Bone stock, 35K original miles. It is an Intermeccanica Convertible Conversion. Original paint, radio, carpet, lights, belts hoses, etc. Anything you want to know, I will try to provide. I just ordered the 999 from Ford. It will be here in 4 weeks. Looking to have it repainted as it has some parking lot dings and the former owner was a little league coach. Interior is absolutely Mint. Need to find a source to replace the weathered top.

It's a 200 6, auto with AC, tilt and cassette radio, deluxe interior, has the systems monitor that works. Buzzers that work. Even the original aluminum two sets of factory keys! The only thing changed are the wheels. The original TRX's were swapped to 86 10 hole aluminums. I would have done the same since TRX tires are now $379 each!

...Norm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Here's another Pic of the Interior

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Outstanding. I love to read that one of these cars has been saved and is being properly appreciated.
    Robert

1986 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 -red
    1985 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - red
    1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1984 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 - white
    1984 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - white
    1983 Capri RS Crimson Cat - red
    1982 Capri RS Black Magic - white
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

FEP Senior Member blackmagicman's Avatar

did u get it on ebay?
    current stable:1981 blackmagic capri gt40 crate engine 5spd 12.7@109mph.150 shot nos gt40 heads 3.55 gears
    1981 blackmagic capri 2.3 liter 5spd project car goin turbo , daily driver 2004 chevy silverado 4x4

NICE!

Go to your local upholstery/top place. Most GOOD places can do a custom top from scratch. Even easier if you have the old one to use as a pattern.

-Mike

Default Thanks for the comments

Bought it locally. It was parked on a city street and looked real bad. It had not been washed in over 10 months and was just plain dirty, covered with road crap.

I brought it home, applied 1 coat of cleaner wax, that was not enough. Did 1 coat of polishing compound and 2 more of cleaner wax and it cleaned up real nice. The interior needed a little scrubbing too. It will need exterior paint sometime. I'd love to tint the paint a little more copper colored but we'll see.

What really stunk was the dent in the hood, from a baseball. It was a perfect dent, something dent wizard could have removed. I stupidly tried a piece of wood and hammer (impatiently) and went to far, I cracked the paint! Too bad as the only two non parking related dents could have been removed without any paint work.

I have the top it is 100% complete and not rotted. just the threads/glue rotted out. I am glad I have it. It works smoothly and does not leak. The weatherstripping is perfect too.

The AC still works!

I an waiting for door seals. The original have flattened and the door rattle terribly. This should fix them. I also ordered a new carb ($69.95 for a Holley rebuild)as the original is a ball of shellac. It also sputters a little on acceleration.

If I get the 999, I may have a window sticker made as long as I know the selling dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by 75coug View Post
    Outstanding. I love to read that one of these cars has been saved and is being properly appreciated.
    Ditto.

One of these done up right could be a real show car ---- especially as they are very uncommon.

Few people know anything about Intermeccanica.

Big to you for saving it!
    13 Dodge Dart
    09 Shadow Sabre
    08 Caliber
    05 Aztek
    02 Avalanche
    02 Thunderbird
    01 Cadillac ETC
    98 Explorer
    96 Suzuki X-90
    89 Fleetwood
    89 Continental
    88 Town Car
    86 Silverado
    84 Fiero
    83 Town Car
    82 LN7
    82 EXP
    80 Mustang
    65 Continental
    62 Galaxie 500
    54 Packard

Stock never goes out of style.

Quote Originally Posted by nburd View Post
    If I get the 999, I may have a window sticker made as long as I know the selling dealer.
    Take ANY information from the 999 report with a grain of salt! It is often wrong and it won't have the dealer information on it.

-Mike

Thats a cool piece of history. I made the pics bigger for you. NEED MORE PICS LOL.

EDIT:
    Huh the pics didnt get a lot bigger
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

Very cool, nice to see one survive!
    http://www.foureyedfoxbody.com

'83 Mustang
    '95 Crown Vic
    '05 F-150
    '00 Lincoln LS

New User

Default 1980 conv mustang

Hi I just bought a 1980 Mustang swift edition by Tomaso of America , Little Rock Arkansaw and it needs a top.If you find out where to order them please let me know. thanks oh by the way mine is number 47
    Last edited by doc23317; 05-26-2009 at 06:39 PM.

FEP Senior Member

congrats on the find.really cool fox!

New User

I will post some pics as soon as I get some.Needs some work but everyone says its really cool.

New User

Cool 80 mustang swift edition number 47

I think I was pretty lucky to find this car.Im in Maryland and havent really heard of them untill I bought it. Ive had a 95 and still have a 99 mustang.Now this.I will post pics sometime soon.Thanks for the time.

Nice find!! Good to see the rarities are still out there getting found.
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

I feel your excitement enjoy that rare ride. Never sell it....I will never sell mine.. not even for $100k.. ok I am lying, I would sell my wife for less than that who are we kidding.
    LOL