Close

Blog Entries

Default "Laser II" Graphics Package?

While moving threads around and filling up this area a bit tonight, I remembered that a few folks have shown up with "Laser II" graphics on their early Fox Mustangs.

So, I hit the Intarwebs looking for examples to prove to you all that I'm not completely insane. I only found one:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2301450

I thought I might have a picture or two somewhere, but it'll be hard to find if I still do have any.

Would like to see more examples of this if any of you come across them.

Thanks.

I think I saw one of these cars on sunday. I didn't have my camera along might have to go back
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

The car I saw is a notch with that type of strips on the side with a pony on the fender
    left a note on the car to join us
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Thumbs up 1979 Ford Mustang Laser II

I saw this a few nights ago while doing my usual exhaustive searches of parts I can't ever seem to find. I saved the photos and link to my PC so I could share it the next time I visited FourEyedPride.

After searching the forum, this thread seems to pretty much be the only one I could find to post about it.

Looks like it was on eBay a few years ago and a mirror website BarnFinds still has a page showing it . . .

Question - is it my increasingly poor eyesight, or is the dash instrument cluster unusual in this car ???

1979 Ford Mustang Laser II

https://barnfinds.com/1979-ford-must...ser-ii-roller/

Name:  1979 Ford Mustang Laser II (1).jpg
Views: 265
Size:  118.1 KB
    Name:  1979 Ford Mustang Laser II (2).jpg
Views: 344
Size:  194.2 KB
    Name:  1979 Ford Mustang Laser II (3).jpg
Views: 257
Size:  187.6 KB
    Name:  1979 Ford Mustang Laser II (4).jpg
Views: 241
Size:  334.8 KB
    #1) 1985 Mercury Capri 5.0L 4V 5-Speed T-Roof Motorsport Grand Prix IV
    #2) 1985 Mercury Capri 5.0L 4V 5-Speed T-Roof

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85 View Post
    While moving threads around and filling up this area a bit tonight, I remembered that a few folks have shown up with "Laser II" graphics on their early Fox Mustangs.

So, I hit the Intarwebs looking for examples to prove to you all that I'm not completely insane. I only found one:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2301450

I thought I might have a picture or two somewhere, but it'll be hard to find if I still do have any.

Would like to see more examples of this if any of you come across them.

Thanks.

NOPE you're not insane and hope the above pics get you a good/better night's sleep!
    Last edited by MERCURY MOTORSPORT; 12-31-2019 at 01:43 AM.

Dash looks very odd to me, but hard to tell with that pic exactly what is going on.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Question 1979 Ford Mustang Laser II

Quote Originally Posted by mcb82gt View Post
    Dash looks very odd to me, but hard to tell with that pic exactly what is going on.

I can't exactly tell either but it looks definitely different. I thought maybe that was a Ford "performance timer" installed into the center section of the cluster, but I just checked the buttons and general layout of a performance timer and it doesn't match at all (at least to the Ford version of a timer). The center section of this cluster looks squared & blacked-out (kind of factory looking) instead of the usual round tach & speedometer. Is that the tach or the speedometer to the right? And look how far to the right it is, it's right beside the heater/vent controls. That's odd

The photos definitely are not high-resolution. I tried magnifying it and contrasting it etc to show what further detail could be brought out. And just for simple dash comparison - below that is a typical 1979 Mustang instrument cluster from a 1979 Pace Car and another from a 1979 Turbo Ghia.

I wonder if the 1979 Ford Mustang Laser II had some kind of special setup from the factory? I never could find any Ford Dealer literature brochure etc showcasing or highlighting this particular version. I too would like to know more about these cars.

I wonder who has this one and what they did with it? I hope they didn't buy it as a roller to drag race or some other use that could've been done with a much more common roller!

Here's the extra photos for comparison . . .

Name:  1979 Ford Mustang Laser II (5).jpg
Views: 283
Size:  120.0 KB

Name:  1979 Mustang Dash Instrument Cluster.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  96.3 KB

Name:  1979 Ford Mustang Turbo Ghia.png
Views: 862
Size:  1.65 MB
    Last edited by MERCURY MOTORSPORT; 12-31-2019 at 04:09 PM. Reason: added info + photo