Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default FROM MEXICO CITY MY MUSTANG!!

I love it, it looks so sexy. I´m from mexico city and this is my mustang. I think that mexican mustangs are awesome just look mine!!

greetings from the most populated city in the world!!! AZTEC EMPIRE!!

PD. Your web site and forum is so great congratulations!!

That car looks great, Theo.

Any more pics for everyone?

Am I seeing things, or is that thing also T top??? I want one!!
    1986 GT T-Top 5.0, waiting on trans and IRS swap.
    1988 GT Ragtop, 5.0, T5, 3.73, 03 Cobras with Nittos
    1989 LX Ragtop, 5.0, AOD, shift kit, Pony wheels, baby cam, X pipe and Flowbasterds.
    1984 SVO needs TLC

Anyone ever hear of the Mustang Showroom (Museum) in Tampico Mexico?

They also have a storage facility in Maderno, Mexico. I saw a picture on their web page with several 4eye cars. The picture is a front view so it is hard to make out all the body styles. There's a silver capri, red capri NOTCH, gold capri, and black mustang.

They all look like very clean well cared for cars. There are dozens of other Mustangs there. I'll try to dig up the picture and post it. I'm hoping someone here has some more info or pictures from their 2 or 3 locations.

Oooooh,I wanna see em!
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

Here's one pic of the 4eye capris. I noticed the red coupe doesn't have fender flares like the gold car next to it. You can clearly see the roof line and quarter window is a notch. The gold car looks like a hatch and the black mustang looks like anoth coupe. Is that a orange '79 Cobra further back?
    Anyone in Mexico know more about this place?

The white 85-86 looks like it has a custom silver hood graphic and seems to have an extra pin stripe across the front.

Last edited by richstang; 09-02-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Hot damn! Got any more pictures? We need to find a member from Mexico and send him to investigate!!!
    1986 GT T-Top 5.0, waiting on trans and IRS swap.
    1988 GT Ragtop, 5.0, T5, 3.73, 03 Cobras with Nittos
    1989 LX Ragtop, 5.0, AOD, shift kit, Pony wheels, baby cam, X pipe and Flowbasterds.
    1984 SVO needs TLC

Here's the last one from this inside this building. That's a nice row of Foxes.

They also had a SAAC MKI and MKII vert, but I believe they are now for sale at another building located in Laredo, Texas called Mustang Imports.

I NEED one of those Mexican coupes!!!!!!!!!!!
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

Holy foxes in abundance, Batman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGTOP89 View Post
    I NEED one of those Mexican coupes!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, me too. You'd think they wouldn't miss just one or two .

In the last pic (above), do I spy a II ???

Richstang, how did you learn of this place?

And yes, I'm researching, I'm researching...
    This is going to keep me busy for a while ---- and it's the reason that I mandate myself to be OFF of the computer three days a week (usually on weekends).
    Last edited by dburdyshaw; 09-02-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    13 Dodge Dart
    09 Shadow Sabre
    08 Caliber
    05 Aztek
    02 Avalanche
    02 Thunderbird
    01 Cadillac ETC
    98 Explorer
    96 Suzuki X-90
    89 Fleetwood
    89 Continental
    88 Town Car
    86 Silverado
    84 Fiero
    83 Town Car
    82 LN7
    82 EXP
    80 Mustang
    65 Continental
    62 Galaxie 500
    54 Packard

Stock never goes out of style.

[QUOTE=dburdyshaw;1257393]Richstang, how did you learn of this place?

And yes, I'm researching, I'm researching...
    [INDENT]http://mustang.s3soluciones.com/index.html

QUOTE]

I was researching Mexican Mustangs and came up with a few interesting pictures. Further digging into the SAAC MKI Mustangs and I found that web page you listed. This may be a united club of Mustangers in that region who put all this together.

It looks like they have an annual Mustang Day (at least in 2008 & 2009). I also found a link to the "Mustang Import Parts" that is definately related but not sure how exactly. I noticed they have the "Starsky and Hutch" Torino, "Herbie the love Bug" VW, and "Dukes of Hazzard" Charger as well. Here's a link to that other site. They have a Capri notch for sale at what I think is $7,900

http://www.mustangimport.com.mx/

I also have seen some you tube videos. I've used the Google Translator to try to sort out some details.
    Last edited by richstang; 09-03-2011 at 09:56 AM.

There are some great pictures on that site.

Hello! I just became the proud owner of a 1983 Mexican-built Mustang "burbajo" with V-8/4-spd. I also own a sadly neglected 1982 Mercury Capri RS 5.0 H.O. 4-spd, posi that has been sitting for over 16 years waiting for me to fix it. I am in the process of getting the Mustang running well enough to be a daily driver, and have some questions that I'm hoping the good folks here can answer. My apologies in advance for such a long first post!

Here's a BEFORE photo of my new toy:

There are some things on this Mustang that I believe differ from US-built Mustangs. For one thing, it has a points-based ignition. The P.O. also claimed that the engine has 289 heads, but I don't know it that's true.

This car looks like it lived near the ocean. Bolts and other steel and iron parts are very rusty, but the body is holding up nicely. Thanks to FORD for a great job rust-proofing their bodies!

It runs and drives, but is having a few issues that I could use help ironing out. My efforts so far have been changing out the 3 row radiator with the two row rad from my Capri, flushing and filling, and drilling out and retapping the alternator (bolt snapped off). Otherwise, I've been cleaning it up. Bleche White on the tires, cleaned mouse crap out of the glove box, vacuuming, cleaning guck off with a tootlbrush, etc. Now I

Engine runs OK. Runs cool, and no weird sounds except for the exhaust, which sounds like a jet boat. It has a single exhaust that HAD TWO mufflers, one in the middle, and one at the back end that was broken off when I got the car. The muffler that's still on the car sounds like there's nothing inside it (there may not be).

Throttle response is poor. It wants to stall out when pressed "too hard". Hesitates when moving forward, and "tops out" at a pretty low RPM.
    This is my main concern right now. I'm trying to identify which carburetor this has. The closest match I've found is the Motorcraft 2150. But my carb has an additional valve (power valve?) that the 2150 does not have.
    Here's a photo of my carb:

The rear end has a "wiggle" in it. I already tested all the shocks and aired up the tires. Have not seen any obvious signs that either axle is loose, but have not jacked it up yet. It did fine on the freeway except for some shaking in the steering wheel at 60MPH, but this was with 3 out of four tires underinflated by 15+ pounds. Need to get it back on the freeway and recheck.

Wondering what's up with that two-muffler single exhaust....
    Last edited by tcruise; 08-22-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Is this the one from Washington?
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

I think so... I saw it for sale on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago.

Check the nuts that bolt the driveshaft to the pinion of the rear axle. I had 3 of the 4 loosen up and it made the car shake from 50 mph and faster.

Oh, and Welcom to FEP!
    79 Mustang Coupe - Jade Green Metallic - 5.0 5Sp - Purchased 2006
    17 Mustang Convertible - Triple Yellow Tri-Coat - 3.7l Auto - Purchased 2020
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Mustang - 3.8 Auto True Blue - Oct 2001- Apr 2022 RIP
    85 ASC - McLaren 5.0 SC - ASC White - 5.0 CFI Auto - Owned 2004 - 2016
    98 Mustang - White - 3.8 5pd - Owned 1998 - 2001
    84 Mustang SSP - White - 5.0 5sp - Owned 1993 - 1998
    84 SVO - Charcoal - 2.3t 5Sp - Owned 1989 -1992
    79 Mustang Ghia - 5.0 Auto - Owned 1981 - 1986
    68 Mustang Coupe - 302 Auto, Yellow - Owned 1980 - 1981

Hi, guys. Thanks for the welcome and fast replies! Yes, I bought it in Washington. The original owner imported into the U.S. after driving it in Mexico for a long time. It's changed hands a few times since then.

I'll check the driveshaft to pinion bolts.

I'm very interested to learn what parts of this car differ from the U.S. built 1983 Mustangs. Any and all information much appreciated!

Any thoughts on the carburetor? Have not found any identifying marks on it. I'll pull it tomorrow and do a more thorough check.

Here are some more BEFORE photos:

Nothing on the carb, but that air cleaner looks like something off a 70's Ford. The ones up here had a low profile dual snorkle....

79 Mustang Coupe - Jade Green Metallic - 5.0 5Sp - Purchased 2006
    17 Mustang Convertible - Triple Yellow Tri-Coat - 3.7l Auto - Purchased 2020
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Mustang - 3.8 Auto True Blue - Oct 2001- Apr 2022 RIP
    85 ASC - McLaren 5.0 SC - ASC White - 5.0 CFI Auto - Owned 2004 - 2016
    98 Mustang - White - 3.8 5pd - Owned 1998 - 2001
    84 Mustang SSP - White - 5.0 5sp - Owned 1993 - 1998
    84 SVO - Charcoal - 2.3t 5Sp - Owned 1989 -1992
    79 Mustang Ghia - 5.0 Auto - Owned 1981 - 1986
    68 Mustang Coupe - 302 Auto, Yellow - Owned 1980 - 1981

Hey, MM. I think the deal is that the regular 5.0s had this single snorkel air cleaner. I've seen other Mexican Mustangs on this forum that have the same air cleaner and valve covers. My 82 Capri RS 5.0 H.0. has the same dual snorkel air cleaner pictured in your post (nice one, BTW!) and the finned aluminum Ford valve covers.

The P.O. of my car ordered some new "5.0 High Performance" badges for the fenders. I can tell by the outline where the original badges were that they just said "5.0" like some of the U.S. built Capris I've seen that had the regular 5.0 engine.

Anyway, I just want to get this baby running well enough to drive around. I already have one naysayer questioning the wisdom of my purchase, and I want to make them eat crow. ;-}

Try this:

http://www.carburetion.com/carbinf.htm

I found it while searching for "motorcraft 2-barrel carburetor" and thought it might be useful to someone. I've bookmarked the site for my use.

That tag on the front should list the model number. The photo you posted doesn't show it, but does your carb look similar to this?
    Last edited by IDMooseMan; 12-22-2011 at 06:07 AM.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Your carb looks like a 21xx series. The question is what year is it from. Ford has been using that style of carb for a long time.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

86 50CPRI

The photo of the carb almost shows a tag on the left side. The numbers on the tag(if there is one) Identify the year through Fords parts number system, and are usefull in getting a rebuild kit.

I wiped some of the corrosion off with a paper towel and took more photos in the daylight. It has "Motorcraft" on the top.
    I agree that it looks SIMILAR to a Motorcraft 2100/2150 carb. It does not resemble any of the other carbs listed in the Chiltons manual. That said, I have not found ANY 2100/2150 carbs that look like this one.

Here are the obvious differences:

1. Mine has an extra butterfly valve in the choke tower (at top), BEHIND the choke plate (butterfly valve).

2. Mine does NOT have a Fuel bowl EVAP vent tube (that hose fitting at the front that points straight at the choke).

3. Mine has an extra part sticking straight out the back. It's a large cylinder shape. What IS that thing? EGR valve?

4. No fuel filter at the fuel inlet.

The tag on this carb says "E2FEEA". Web search returned ziltch. My guess is its a rebuilder SKU#.

Sorry, forgot to post photos of the carb! The last photo has the differences circled in red:

I found this old thread on justanswer.com with a photo of a rebuilt carb that looks EXACTLY like mine (except way nicer), but it went nowhere. The original poster did not even confirm that this is the carb they have. Why is there no information on this carburetor?
    http://www.justanswer.com/classic-ca...t-302-the.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast