Close

Thread: 347 cam

Question 347 cam

alright guys pipe up and tell me what CAM you chose for your roller cam 347 strokers and opinions on that cam!! As of right now my choice is comp cams stroker spec cam... damn can't remember that part number.. anyways your opinions please

forged bottom end
    10.5-1 compress
    mildly ported steel GT40P's
    carbed
    timing gears not chain-
    askin for my re build up waitin for word back on 89 roller block before startin clearancing then balancing etc..............
    Last edited by theemustangman; 07-19-2008 at 04:32 AM. Reason: spelling
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

What's the car used for? Street/strip or driver?
    1979 Base Model Coupe- 351w, C4, 3.73s, the fun machine- Now getting a lot more well deserved mileage put on her!
    2007 Forest River Sunseeker 2200 Class C motorhome on an E-450 chassis. Oh yeah!
    2013 Subaru Crosstrek XV Premium- Marine Blue w/ 5-speed, awesome little car.

Two people I would speak with, Ed Curtis or Jay Allen:

Ed Curtis: http://flowtechinduction.com/index.htm

Jay Allen: http://www.camshaftinnovations.com/

James

High End Of Street Legality, This Car Prob Will Never See The "Legal" Strip, Will Be More Of A Corner Carver/Stop Light Racer. Thanks For The Links JamesD
    No Longer a 4I Owner

could not click any of the links on the http://flowtechinduction.com/index.htm
    website
    No Longer a 4I Owner

I am currently running the FMS E303 cam in my 347 and it is a pretty good running cam but I will be switching to the COMP Cams 35-522-8. It has almost a tenth of an inch more lift then the E cam and should put me much closer to 400 RWHP I am hoping for. Most of the parts I am using are listed in my sig below.

I built my car mostly for weekend fun, I am not really a race guy but I do enjoy having the power when it is needed

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

I'm using the comp cam xe274hr .555 .565 lift. I love the performance of it. It ran 89mph on the 1/8th. Pulls HARD after 4k rpm.
    1985 Mustang GT:
    347 stroker
    Holley 750 double pumper
    xe274hr comp cam
    Victor jr. intake
    RPM aluminum heads
    roller rockers
    equal length shorty headers
    electric fan
    afco aluminum radiator
    american thunder series flowmasters
    pace setter off road h-pipe
    chrome OEM cobra rims

i would go with a trickflow stage 2 or if your up to something nasty the stage 3.
    1986 Mustang LX Coupe 5.0TT Megasquirt'n'Spark--Sold
    1987 Merkur XR4Ti -Poly suspension bits-tubular header-holset H1c-custom intake-alky injection

Quote Originally Posted by theemustangman View Post
    could not click any of the links on the http://flowtechinduction.com/index.htm
    website
    Go to the bottom of the page. I noticed the same thing as well, I thought it was my computer.

James

Those heads are going to choke that motor. Get a custom cam. You have to feed the motor. A cam cut for a 302 is not the answer.
    85 G.T. All motor
    337 c.i.d 11.44-120 mph

1984 1/2 G.T. 350 (13.01-106 mph)

1984 G.T. (Daughters car)

1986 G.T. (Son's car) (12.99-105 mph)

I think those heads are going to choke the motor only if you're going for big numbers upstairs and lots of rpm. Keep the lift under .550 and the duration @ .050 under 230 degrees and you'll be fine. The rod ratio of most stoker motor combos isn't condusive to lots of rpm anyway. Use something like Comp Cams's Cam Help if you really want an exacting recommendation.
    1979 Base Model Coupe- 351w, C4, 3.73s, the fun machine- Now getting a lot more well deserved mileage put on her!
    2007 Forest River Sunseeker 2200 Class C motorhome on an E-450 chassis. Oh yeah!
    2013 Subaru Crosstrek XV Premium- Marine Blue w/ 5-speed, awesome little car.

i tried the comp cams recommending page they messed everything up and didn't even look at my extra notes makes me concerned
    No Longer a 4I Owner