Close

Thread: 86 mustang gt

Default 86 mustang gt

So I bought a 86 mustang gt ttop car 5 speed with 46,xxx original miles the car does need paint but the interior is near perfect what do you all think the car is worth?
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by 85cammedfox; 02-25-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Cool car man. Got some under hood shots? Is the mileage verifiable ?
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

I don't have any pics of the motor right now ran a car fax on it and this is what I got
    Last edited by 85cammedfox; 02-25-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Default 86 mustang gt

Nice find!

I might have paid $4500-$5k for it depending on rust or signs of any, in the usual spots.

I like the rear window louvres if they are original 86 vintage.

Just my opinion, I'm and 85 guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea everything is original on the car I've got a lot less than 4500-5000 it only has two spots of rust on the whole car and there on the floor pan s apout the size of a dollar at the most the car is clean runs great last report on it was at 23,xxx miles

Quote Originally Posted by 85cammedfox View Post
    Yea everything is original on the car I've got a lot less than 4500-5000 it only has two spots of rust on the whole car and there on the floor pan s apout the size of a dollar at the most the car is clean runs great last report on it was at 23,xxx miles
    Nice! Wish I could find four eyes like that! Are you keeping it or thinking about selling it?

My plan is to keep it but If someone has got the cash to buy it I'd sell it

Its funny to see the paint so faded, I have seen many mustangs with over 100k have much better paint with an interior much like is being displayed. The "Dollar Size" Rust hole will most likely be much larger once its cleaned up. Not seeing the engine, but I would guess it doesn't look very pretty, I would only probably not offer more then 3k.
    1985 Ford LTD LX
    1989 Mustang 5.0 Coupe
    1994 Ford F150 Lightning

The motor is pretty clean and the car sat under a carport since 91 until about a year ago I've got 1500 in the car. I had a 85 lx had 1500 in it sold it for 3000 went and bought this car for 3000 which was the money I got from the other mustang

Great find, I hope to find one just like this, I had one pretty much identical as my first car. Same color with t-tops and 5spd mine still had 10 holes on it tho.