Close

Default '79 Mercury Capri needs a new home

I have a '79 Capri that needs a new home, posted in the Selling cars section. I hate at the thought of selling it to someone who doesn't appreciate or even know what a Capri is.
    It is all stock, except for the addition of an electric fan (I still have the original fan too) and a larger radiator. If you know of anyone looking for a stock car, can you please have them contact me. Thanks.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=61285

If anyone is interested, I'm going to Salt Lake City for a funeral this weekend (July 12-13th), I would be more than happy to transport my '79 Capri.

Let me know.
    Thanks.
    Rod
    1979 Mercury Capri (sold!)
    2001 Mercury Sable LS Premium
    2004 Ford Expedition FX4

FEP Senior Member blackmagicman's Avatar

id take it but no way to get it to ny if you got ideas im listening.
    current stable:1981 blackmagic capri gt40 crate engine 5spd 12.7@109mph.150 shot nos gt40 heads 3.55 gears
    1981 blackmagic capri 2.3 liter 5spd project car goin turbo , daily driver 2004 chevy silverado 4x4

It seems that all the four eyed fox chassis fans live in the mid-west/east.

It would cost you a fortune to get it to NY. I can get it to SLC UT. but thats about it, especially with the gas prices now.

Rod
    2004 Ford Expedition FX4

I wish I could help your Capri. I can't. I feel your pain.
    Len

1980 Capri 2.3
    1983 Mustang GT

Apparently the majority of everyone are in the same boat I am. No money and no space.
    I was hoping I could sell this Capri to someone who could appreciate it.
    I drove a '80 Capri 2.3 for 11 years. It was my first car, no power brakes, no power steering, 4 speed tranny, no power windows or locks, and no AC. I loved that car, and I actually drove it into the ground. By the time I was through with it, it was on it's third engine, and my Dad and I engineered a carb. spacer that would allow a Autolite 2300 (V8 carb, the spacer was offset) that even though I had to drastically reduce the jet sizes, that little car would take off. It's like it found a new lot in life and I uncovered a bunch more horsepower. Salt Lake City UT salt finally ate away at it, but before I gave it up, I came across a clean '79 with a V6, that had everything but the power windows and locks, it just isn't the same. My '80 had more spunk and was funner to drive.
    Anyway, enough reminiscing.
    2004 Ford Expedition FX4