Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Redlordamazon, both of your cars have mint interiors, and I love the red.

TeeJayTee, another awesome red interior. I was wondering how you like the pistol grip shift handle? I want to find a real mopar pistol grip shifter (the entire shifter with the pistol grip) and see if I can make it work in my 86, but those are pretty expensive. I like the look of your shift handle, so how do you like it? With your bench seat and manual trans, you need to find one of those Superbird pistol grip shifters, the ones that are like 3 ft long. It would look wicked in your car.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear86 View Post
    Redlordamazon, both of your cars have mint interiors, and I love the red.

TeeJayTee, another awesome red interior. I was wondering how you like the pistol grip shift handle? I want to find a real mopar pistol grip shifter (the entire shifter with the pistol grip) and see if I can make it work in my 86, but those are pretty expensive. I like the look of your shift handle, so how do you like it? With your bench seat and manual trans, you need to find one of those Superbird pistol grip shifters, the ones that are like 3 ft long. It would look wicked in your car.
    I like it a lot! It fits my hand really well, but it is a little ways away so I usually only grab the top two finger cut outs because then it's not so much of a reach. I would like to get something that is a little closer to me. hah something like the mopar one is what I need, but something that can get a little farther to the drivers side. I might end up fabbing up my own. I do like the pistol. it's better than the giant ball I had and way better that a T-handle.. I missed 3rd all the time with the T-handle..

Love the Bench seat!!!
    - Ed

'85 Capri RS - "1BADMERC" -'00 GT40P motor & heads, Edelbrock RPM/Holley 650, E303 cam, full length BBK ceramics,5spd/flowmaster 2-chambers/373's
    5 Lug conversion, cobra discs on all four corners, 1" drop

My cowl hood thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=131334

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJayTee View Post
    I like it a lot! It fits my hand really well, but it is a little ways away so I usually only grab the top two finger cut outs because then it's not so much of a reach. I would like to get something that is a little closer to me. hah something like the mopar one is what I need, but something that can get a little farther to the drivers side. I might end up fabbing up my own. I do like the pistol. it's better than the giant ball I had and way better that a T-handle.. I missed 3rd all the time with the T-handle..
    I really think something like the old mopar handles would look great in your car, and give you the closer reach you need. Plus I always though a big hurst shifter snaking it way up to the driver looks awesome. You could totally fab one up and make it your own.

I'm with you on the t-handle and giant ball btw. I like the look of the small white hurst shift ball, but the big ones look strange. As far as t-handles, I've never been a fan of their look. The only reason I like them at all is because of the old boss 302's and 429's that came standard with them. I just don't think they look good on our generation of cars.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by edman1000 View Post
    Love the Bench seat!!!
    same here. I've never even seen a bench seat in a '79-up Mustang.
    1983 5.0 GT convertible. Restored 2011 - 2014

His car is a Fairmont but that's a helluva idea! LOL
    - Ed

'85 Capri RS - "1BADMERC" -'00 GT40P motor & heads, Edelbrock RPM/Holley 650, E303 cam, full length BBK ceramics,5spd/flowmaster 2-chambers/373's
    5 Lug conversion, cobra discs on all four corners, 1" drop

My cowl hood thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=131334

Quote Originally Posted by gonzamonerris View Post
    Name:  DSC01639.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  99.3 KB
    Sweet. Is this Wedgewood blue?
    Do you have any more pics?
    Current Cars:
    1979 Mustang Ghia Coupe 5.0 3J Bright Blue
    1984 GT T top 306 5 speed "Black Mamba"
    1986 Saleen Black with Silver Stripes 86#009
    1986 Mustang GT Medium Canyon Red 5 speed 5.0
    1999 Mustang GT Convertible 35th anniversary 69K miles.
    2002 Nissan Maxima 6 Speed "Daily Driver"
    2009 Corvette 6 speed LS3

1998 Cobra 71k miles Canary Yellow "Nana" SOLD

Lots of dissing at the beginning of this thread, so I thought this dash would be appropriate here:

Attachment 106560

More pics here:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2863/overview/

Mike

Some of mine:

I would like to cover all the plastic I.E. The rear quarters in something like vinyl or leather. A nice custom way to cover up beat up scratched up plastic.

82mustang what kind of seats are in your coupe in the picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is mine, still a work in progress.
    Name:  2016-05-04 02.29.50.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  120.7 KB
    1981 Mustang Coupe: Rebuilt 91/306, Ported E7's, TF Spring kit, E-303 Cam, RPM Intake, Eddy 1406 Carb, FMS Dual Roller Timing set, March UD pulleys, Summit LT Headers, Summit 2-1/2" Chambered Mufflers w/ 2-1/2" FlowTech H-Pipe/ Flowtubes & 2-1/2" LMR SS Tailpipes. C4 trans with 8.8/ 2.73 Rear.

81 Coupe glad to see Im not the only one with those door panels. My 83 has those but they're red.

Quote Originally Posted by jjltthomas View Post
    81 Coupe glad to see Im not the only one with those door panels. My 83 has those but they're red.

No carpet or big pocket at the bottom is what I like about them.
    1981 Mustang Coupe: Rebuilt 91/306, Ported E7's, TF Spring kit, E-303 Cam, RPM Intake, Eddy 1406 Carb, FMS Dual Roller Timing set, March UD pulleys, Summit LT Headers, Summit 2-1/2" Chambered Mufflers w/ 2-1/2" FlowTech H-Pipe/ Flowtubes & 2-1/2" LMR SS Tailpipes. C4 trans with 8.8/ 2.73 Rear.

Plain and simple. No frills. I agree

Quote Originally Posted by jjltthomas View Post
    Plain and simple. No frills. I agree

Exactly. When I get the wires tucked back in, carpet cleaned and Re-do the dash pad, then It will start looking really good with the Door panels IMO. Also Future plans are different Seats (Maybe), and Re-Paint/Customize the Dash. That wood grain is nice, but Something more blackish or dark gray would look good to.

Absolutely

My dad and I reconditioned 1993 black leather seats for my son's 86GT ragtop. I tracked down convertible specific 92-93 black leather for front and rear after many months of searching. They were pretty rough when we started but a good conditioning, a deep clean, repairs, refinish, and relaquer went a long ways towards a nice driver quality black interior. They bolted right up to the 86 seat tracks and made for a simple conversion.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  69.3 KB

They were pretty far gone when we started as you can see from the above shot. Here's some pics through their progression

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  59.9 KBPics here

front and rear match really well after refinish considering they were hunted down separately on two different eBay auctions and purchased from sellers in completely opposite corners of the US!

I went through the effort as I hate to see factory stuff that can be saved go to waste while crappy aftermarket seatcover redos that are the wrong color are ruining the look of a really sweet ride.

Absolutely awesome how much difference even just a decent looking set of black seats can make in an otherwise nice mostly black interior.
    Last edited by erratic50; 01-03-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Pic of the worst of the two buckets after repairs
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Contact adhesive using the two coat cohesive method on roughed up leather is the only way to hold a patch like the one that was done to the edge of the drivers seat. It took a precise cut on the patch but it's barely noticeable now that it's done and everything is sanded through the factory laquer in the area and redyed to match.

old wallets make great repair panels!

Tear mender and denim from behind the leather is a great way to fix tears as it stays flexible and holds up nicely. Only down side is the factory stitching leather to foam has to be cut out in order to do it.

Am happy with the results as the car is a daily driver currently. Down the road there is an off the shelf black leather kit available for the short back rag top seats

Now to refinish the halos and the tan to black rag top interior is down to just needing belts and windshield trim.

My door panels - customized in 1994.

Also pictured, gray 89GT recaros that were dyed black and dark red back in 1996. The car has never been garaged and the seats had 40K on them and now have more that 1/4 a million more miles. Drivers seat is just as nice as the passengers still, amazing how well duplicolor dye increases durability.

believe it or not Ive considered applying this spray to new cloth in an interior redo. Cloth that's sprayed is stiff but it holds up unbelievably well - even better than factory leather or factory tweed. It requires zero maintenance and is mostly stain proof too..... And if it doesn't come out just clean it as best you can and top coat it again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by erratic50; 01-03-2017 at 04:01 AM.

Name:  IMG_7602.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  90.4 KBName:  IMG_7603.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  95.0 KB

Far from clean, and not great pictures...

But progress on an all black interior 86 Convertible. Just need to put in my head rests, get new belts, sunshades, and dye the trim around the windshield.

(Yes these are the seats from above ^)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678