Close

Default Dual exhaust upgrade

I need some help. I have plans of upgrading the exhaust in my 79 to true dual, and have purchased the hanger kit from the 87-93 Fox body. I was wondering if anyone here could take some pics for me to show how they mount to the underside of the car? Thanks in advance.
    I am very interested in Capris, Mustangs, Shelbys, and Saleens. Basically, if you cut me, I bleed Ford blue.

anyone?
    I am very interested in Capris, Mustangs, Shelbys, and Saleens. Basically, if you cut me, I bleed Ford blue.

which hangers??? the ones way at the back where it exits or the hangers for the h pipes?
    1985 Mustang GT-Stock 302, Weiand Stealth, SA 670, Taurus Fan, AC/Emissions Delete, BBK LT's , O/R H-Pipe, Spintech Turndowns, 373's, Toyo TQ 275/45/16 , 5 Lug/Rear Disc Swap

2003 SVT Cobra-Pulley, Intake, Exhaust -11.91 @ 118

I can get you a pic in the morning.
    +
    ++
    +++
    ++++

Fun is fun, and done is done!

Just an FYI--
    You might need a double hump x-member to do the conversion...(If you don't already have one that is...)

New User

And it looks like you will have to change over your rear brake line.

What I'm looking for is the location of all hangers past the h pipe. I know about needing the double hump. I know how the h pipe attaches, and I have the bracket for that. I just am looking for some reference points

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

This is what I did with the brake line (passenger side obviously) on the 79 Capri and the 87 Mustang. While I have never had a problem with my brakes or the line, there are better ways do it.

As for the hanger I bolted between the body and the brake line bracket. This is where it goes on the later cars anyways. I really should take new pics since I painted things under there.
    Last edited by Ford'sCapri; 05-27-2008 at 06:58 AM.
    -John-

79 Mercury Capri RS: 5.0L 5 speed swap
    83 Mustang GT: 5.0L 5 Speed
    83 Mustang GT T-Top: 5.0L 5 Speed
    84 Mustang L: 2.3L 4 Speed
    85 LTD Wagon: 358W 5 speed swap
    87 Mustang LX: 5.0L 5 speed swap

Thanks for the pics, they will help alot, still needing some more pics though, I know it's a pain, but I need underneath shots for the best placement. Whatever you can come up with will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by riffenfool View Post
    What I'm looking for is the location of all hangers past the h pipe. I know about needing the double hump. I know how the h pipe attaches, and I have the bracket for that. I just am looking for some reference points
    LOL, I love your comment. Happens all the time on forums where you get all this help and info and no answere to your question...

... and I know, I wasn't much help either, lol
    Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

For being "BUILT not BOUGHT" I am still broke!