Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FEP Super Member

jimmy , well handled .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Default Thanks

To everyone, thanks for the warm welcome, for the critics, thank you for your comments. The good thing about cars, is you make it your own and no one has the same taste. The rotors are 87-93 size, but I dont think they are any lighter.

David, McDonalds was shut down on Telegrapgh due to the noisy Ricer Kids. They would loiter til after midnight pulling hole shots in the parking lot, so they ruiined it fir us cruisers and hot rodders. Dont know where Im gonna cruise this year. I still have some minor work to finish before I can drive it anyhow!
    1983 Mercury Capri RS aka - The BADCAT

A bit late but.. That is one kickass looking Merc! It should have been named Cougar though.. Maybe Ford will see the light with the new 'Stang chassis!

I've loved those cars ever since my buddy got his 83 RS(strictly a bracket car) and I'm waiting for the right one to come my way!

i always have nice days. (Paris for President,pass the word)
    '83 glx vert with '82 gt frontend

if you aren't trying to blow the horn with the signal lever and reaching for the key release button on your other vehicles,you're not driving the fox enough !

Those are both nice looking rides. Capri's look awesome with cowl hoods but I have to say the bubble hatch is the cat's ass. Especially with bigs and littles. The chassis detail is quite nice on the second one but there are just too many colors going on.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBADCAT View Post

Am I crazy or is there a jack stand under the oil pan holding the car up in this pick?

FEP User

no, it is on the K brace...

You really have a great looking car Jimmy. It's definitely something to be proud of.
    -John-

79 Mercury Capri RS: 5.0L 5 speed swap
    83 Mustang GT: 5.0L 5 Speed
    83 Mustang GT T-Top: 5.0L 5 Speed
    84 Mustang L: 2.3L 4 Speed
    85 LTD Wagon: 358W 5 speed swap
    87 Mustang LX: 5.0L 5 speed swap

nice Capri Bad Cat
    86 GT vert - Bright Red/Grey Black top
    89 GT hatch - Bright Regatta Blue/Grey
    90 5.0 vert - Light Titanium/Red No top
    90 GT vert - Light Titanium/Black Black top
    91 5.0 notch - Medium Titanium/Black (wife)
    91 5.0 notch - White/Red soon to be black int

Where in Detriot are you.I used to live in Liviona,Mi.grew up racing on Telegraph.Hung out a White Castle next to the expressway.Racing by the Hospital off the Southfield freeway.This was in the eightys.Did not know how good it was until I moved to Florida.
    Worlds fastest 357 c.i.d.,1983 Crimson Cat,Mercury Capri RS with one Holley Dominator,One nitrous system,Turbo 400,Nine inch,All steel and glass,except hood,95% stock floor,Almost all stock interior(8.31 166)Under Reconstruction! 25.5 Complete now!

1978 Ford Fairmont Stationwagon,393 Windsor,OTMC,Turbo-350,8.8 31 spline axles,steel spool,C-Clip Elim,T/A cover,4.30 gear,MM Adj.Lowers,Baseline Pro-launch#2,Anti-roll bar,UPR K-member,A-arms,Coilover kit,Manual rack,Bumpsteer kit.Engine complete 648hp, 508lbft tq.93 octane N/A.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBADCAT View Post
    To everyone, thanks for the warm welcome, for the critics, thank you for your comments. The good thing about cars, is you make it your own and no one has the same taste. The rotors are 87-93 size, but I dont think they are any lighter.

David, McDonalds was shut down on Telegrapgh due to the noisy Ricer Kids. They would loiter til after midnight pulling hole shots in the parking lot, so they ruiined it fir us cruisers and hot rodders. Dont know where Im gonna cruise this year. I still have some minor work to finish before I can drive it anyhow!
    Jimmy,

Drop me a line before the Woodward cruise, maybe we can meet up.

David
    82 Tan Mustang Coupe with 5.0 5 speed(For Sale)
    85 Black Saleen Mustang 85-99
    85 ASC McLaren Coupe
    86 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe

Coming Soon: Red 84 1/2 GT Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by jleews6 View Post
    Jimmy your car looks great. Just remember that anybody can find something wrong with any car. I had a 93 teal Cobra that had 7K miles on it and had never even been wet and the undercarage had about $7000 invested in it and people still found flaws LOL. Your car looks good.
    X2

I like it, thanks for posting up the pics
    86 Mercury Capri Stock H/C/I custom exhaust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12