Close

Thread: GT Turbo

Default GT Turbo

Hey all. I have a 84 GT Turbo that is 100% stock, right down to the TRX tires and has been extremely well maintained and is in great cond for its 127,000 miles. Im contimplating selling it but not sure what the demand is currently. I know how rare it is but Im trying to determine what a fair price would be. Any thoughts?
    84 SVO (#152) Slapper
    84 GT Turbo (T-Tops)

FEP Member

Well i'm going to bow out of giving you ballpark numbers. But when you get settled in on some numbers let me know 'cause I may be interested in buying it from you!

Pics tell a thousand words. But color of interior/exterior is important. Rust? Paint? carpet? Dash craked? Every wrecked? Etc etc.

Let some folks give you an unbiased opinion and then let me know cause i'm looking for something like this.

Thanks.
    Steve
    1983 Mustang GT

Okay. Bye the way, Red on Red, no rust, no dents, no accidents, no tears , no abuse, etc. Not quite showroom condition but pretty damn good for its age.
    84 SVO (#152) Slapper
    84 GT Turbo (T-Tops)

Blog Entries

Pics would help greatly. And you're in California...I need Croke to come in here and tell me I don't need another car.

However, despite it's rarity, don't expect it to get any more than a similarly equipped and condition 5.0 GT of that vintage. They're rare, they're cool, and people do want them, but they're not bringing higher money for it.

FEP Member

Looks like this with the TRX rims instead?

Steve
    1983 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85
    They're rare, they're cool, and people do want them, but they're not bringing higher money for it.
    I agree. Its a funny thing about "rare". In this case, rare means most people have no idea they even exist. Even guys who think they know about Mustangs.

Pictures tell the story. Also , how fast you want it sold will affect the price more then anything. Its a car with a small but loyal following. To make it "go away" you wont get crap because the ignorant will see it as a Mustang that NEEDS a 5.0 swapped into it. Sadly, thats most of the people. Seriously though, public knowledge and attitude towards them has changed dramaticly in the last 4-5 years.
    84 20th Anny 2.3Turbo #1978
    84 Turbo GT 11.70@120MPH 418RWHP
    89 41X Coupe 2200 miles
    96 Mystic Cobra Terminator swap

Quote Originally Posted by roller4v
    Looks like this with the TRX rims instead?

Steve
    Thats it except its Red as opposed to canyon red.
    84 SVO (#152) Slapper
    84 GT Turbo (T-Tops)

Hey my best freind just moved to Cypress Tx. Is it as brutal in summer as he expects???
    84 SVO (#152) Slapper
    84 GT Turbo (T-Tops)

FEP Member

Don't want to nit pick. But the car in the picture is not canyon red its just RED color code 24 Perhaps yours is bright red color code 27.

If its not the same color as the one I already have i'm definately interested.

oh ya.. compared to Cali. The summers are gonna take some getting used to. Yes they are brutal with all the humidity around houston.

Steve
    1983 Mustang GT

to an enthusiast it's worth more, if you can find an enthusiast. the biggest problem you face is that almost no one knows what a gt turbo is. for that reason, prices never really went through the roof.
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

PLEASE sell it to an enthusiast...

I had a guy offer me 4500 for my 84 svo... then he told me he was gonna rip the 2.3 out and put a 5.0 in it..

I sold it for 3500 to another guy that was gonna put it completely back to original *missing koni's, rims, and an svo taillight*
    83 ttop original paint capri rs
    2001 Explorer motor.. stock! hoping to break in to the 14s

Quote Originally Posted by roller4v
    Don't want to nit pick. But the car in the picture is not canyon red its just RED color code 24 Perhaps yours is bright red color code 27.

If its not the same color as the one I already have i'm definately interested.

oh ya.. compared to Cali. The summers are gonna take some getting used to. Yes they are brutal with all the humidity around houston.

Steve
    Ya its bright red. I just thought they called your color Canyon Red since its so similar to the SVO canyon red. Ill try and get some pics up soon.
    84 SVO (#152) Slapper
    84 GT Turbo (T-Tops)

FEP Member

Canyon Red was not available in 83, I think that color came out in 85 and to me it looks like it has a bit of a Maroonish tint to it.

Steve
    1983 Mustang GT

Bright Red (27) was '79-83.

Medium Red (24) was '81-'83. Medium Canyon Red (Metallic and or Glow) was '84-'86.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Ive got an early 84 (#113) SVO thats Med Canyon Red Glow and my 84 GT Turbo which was Manuf in 83 is RED.
    84 SVO (#152) Slapper
    84 GT Turbo (T-Tops)

Quote Originally Posted by Poolguy Mike
    Ive got an early 84 (#113) SVO thats Med Canyon Red Glow and my 84 GT Turbo which was Manuf in 83 is RED.
    I put a small pic in my album. Call me Stupid but how do you upload a pic to a post?????
    84 SVO (#152) Slapper
    84 GT Turbo (T-Tops)

What's the "exterior paint color" on the Vehicle Certification Label (aka "door sticker") for both of those? The same color code is on the Body/Buck Tag.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags