Close

Default Late model restoration AC delete kit?

Found this one in a magazine ad. Says it's for 82-93, deletes ac, bypasses smog pump and included a shorter belt and under drive pulleys for $125. Seems ok, except that there's no brand name, so ya gotta wonder... Also, can an ac delete kit work on both pre 85 cars and later ones too?

I bought one and it's a good product. Came with a bracket, pullies, hardware and belt.

The only thing that pissed me off was that the belt was too long... by ALOT.

I called LMR and they told me I was full of it and denied that there was a problem.

I fixed it myself by getting a shorter belt from Advanced Auto Parts, it took a few tries, but all is well now.
    '86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I hate it when you buy something from an aftermarket company and you have problems with the fit and finish. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

same here, just purchased carpet and said it was pre molded. took me half a day to put in.

FEP Member

Capri Depris, I too bought it, but havn't put it in. What is the make and number of the belt that you ended up with? That way I can have it ahead of time when I put my kit in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heyitsme View Post
    Capri Depris, I too bought it, but havn't put it in. What is the make and number of the belt that you ended up with? That way I can have it ahead of time when I put my kit in.

Thanks
    The belt I ended up using won't work on yours. After I found out the belt was too long, I put a bigger pulley on my alternator hoping it would take up the slack.. but it didn't. So that's when I started trying different size belts until I found the one that would work for my set up. I left the big pulley on because I've talked with the people that I bought the alternator from and they said to put a bigger pully on if I plan on revving the engine over 6000 rpm... it'll keep from over spinning the alternator and damaging it.

I know all the guys at my local Advanced Auto Parts store, so they let me take about 5 different belts home and try them and then bring the others back that didn't fit.
    '86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.

FEP Member

Ok, thanks, will try that way I guess.