Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Those look to be the same images from ages ago. It'd be nice if he'd take better pics and not resize them all jaggedy. :/

Just checked our magazine library, just to make sure, and our MT issues only go back to 1983. Drat. I've some other places around here to look, but I'm sure we don't have that issue. Yet.

This car was discussed is GREAT detail at the GT Registry. Go to the 'Production and Originality' forum, page 8. I'm not making this stuff up.

Yes there is Ford literature out there....scans of Mustang badge parts list, that includes the "SS" emblem, early release product info with "Mustang SS" instead of GT.

The guy that owns this car claims to have worked for Ford and claimed to be part of the group responsible for rebadging SSes to GTs way back in the beginning of the '82 model year. He claims to have a "real" SS except he has come up with ZERO credible evidence to back that up. Hell, the bucktag he posted (but will now probably tell you is "lost") had "GT" stamped right on it. Quite the contradiction right there. Bottom line is: he's trying to pass the car off as something it isn't and make lots of money on a ragged-out car while he's at it.

I'll see what I can do about pics of the SS badge. I thought I took some of it and saved them on my PC. No time to look for them right now.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Hell, the bucktag he posted (but will now probably tell you is "lost") had "GT" stamped right on it. Quite the contradiction right there. Bottom line is: he's trying to pass the car off as something it isn't and make lots of money on a ragged-out car while he's at it.
    LOL !!! Yep, I remember that now.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

FEP Power Member

OH NO!!! HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!

I can't believe this has come around again. This car has 9 lives...LOL

It has been discussed more than enough on the GT registry...

OK, as far as Ford literature goes an 'early' release of the '82 model year Fleet Buyers Guide shows the SS model but no GT model. The 'early' (August '81) US version of the '82 model year dealer showroom brochure shows a GT model but no SS model, as well as all subsequent dealer brochures.

How on Earth does this poser in Long Island have a "real" SS made six months after Ford releases a dealer showroom brochure showing no such model?

The SS badge part number is E1FZ-16098-B and here some pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mabe the badges were put on by the dealer. There is a special "dealer" "XTR" metal badges that have been put on trucks on the tailgate or box sides.
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

It came from Dearborn as a GT. Nothing more, nothing less. His Body/Buck Tag was posted. It was stamped "GT".

GT sounds cooler anyway, I'm glad ford went with GT.

Although; all I've known is GT so of course I'd say that...
    1985 Deep Emerald Mustang GT

now you guy made me add another car to the wish list of stangs
    84 svo
    85 ttop svo
    ttop freek

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Hell, the bucktag he posted (but will now probably tell you is "lost") had "GT" stamped right on it. Quite the contradiction right there. Bottom line is: he's trying to pass the car off as something it isn't and make lots of money on a ragged-out car while he's at it.
    Here's the email he sent me. I asked to see a pic of the buck tag,told him if it had "SS" stamped on it i'd send funds right away.

His Reply:

I am in Nebraska and the car is sitting at my 85 year old moms home in NY. There is no way I can get a photo of the tag. I do not believe it was there. I know where it is supposed to be and I don't recall it being there. They can be reproduced.

Jay

My thoughts:

Funny how it has disappeared!!

Sooooooooo If they can be reproduced why don't I buy any 82 GT and make it an "SS"

This cat is not even close to being legit!!!!!!!!!
    '65 GTO #'s matching 400 needs resto
    '67 Firebird Built 400 , 4sp
    '76 Trans-Am L-75 455 H/O 4sp 54k
    '84 Vette P.O.S cross-fire ( now a 383 stroker w/750 dbl pumper)
    '85 Z28 305 TPI auto 92k
    '85 SVO Under Resto I've been in a rut w/this. will finish summer 08
    '85 Capri One of my favorites ;-)
    '86 300ZX turbo 3.3 liter swap w/ic
    '87 Monte Carlo SS All stock for now..Plans- 455SD,ford 9"rear,etc.etc.

He had pictures of the car in a state of disassembly, I believe taken at a shop that was doing some work to it. One picture he had taken clearly showed the Body/Buck Tag in it's original location, still attached to the upper radiator core support. When asked to post the codes from the tag he claimed the shop had removed it and lost it. He then found it and posted a picture of it. It was stamped "GT". I don't think he was aware that the model/trim level was stamped to the tag.

Do we know about when he posted that?

I suppose the way internet way back machine wouldn't help...

Quote Originally Posted by negusm View Post
    Do we know about when he posted that?

I suppose the way internet way back machine wouldn't help...
    Be careful with that machine! You might turn the dial too much and go back to the Doom and Duke Nukem 3D days! (ah the good ole days).
    1990 Mustang LX 5.0 - Ran into a tree (fixed!)
    2005 Ranger XLT 4x4 - Daily Driver/Tow vehicle
    1992 Mustang LX 2.3 - MPG baby yeah!
    1994 Explorer - Fix 'n Flipper

He posted when he first registered (Dec. '05). Hasn't posted since.

Last Activity: 12-04-2005 09:28 PM

FEP Senior Member blackmagicman's Avatar

its straight up bull**** and fake in my eyes.
    current stable:1981 blackmagic capri gt40 crate engine 5spd 12.7@109mph.150 shot nos gt40 heads 3.55 gears
    1981 blackmagic capri 2.3 liter 5spd project car goin turbo , daily driver 2004 chevy silverado 4x4

Well, aside from this dork coming out of nowhere..Has anyone laid legitimate claim to having a mustang SS?
    92LX coupe, Gone...
    93LX coupe, Gone...
    84Turbo GT, Gone...
    85LX coupe, Gone...
    82GT T-top, Gone...

well just my $.02 but I think the reason ford never came out with the SS is that GM would sue the pants off of FOMOCO for its use due to copyright infringement
    83 Mustang GLX conv (in sonic blue)4.3/SC -coming soon! "Project Baby"
    1988 Lincoln Town Car Limousine, Crafted by American Custom Coach Works- "Project Bertha"

proud member:
    10 Hole Mafia
    Anti-cowl club
    Bent Six Bastards, lol

Quote Originally Posted by plstktnkr2 View Post
    well just my $.02 but I think the reason ford never came out with the SS is that GM would sue the pants off of FOMOCO for its use due to copyright infringement
    Really? Ford and plymouth used the RS designator, GTO has been used by mitsubishi as well as Ferrari.
    84 Capri RS T-Roof 351c
    95 Cobra Two Top #167

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12