Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Really nice car in amazing condition. Did the original owner ever let on why he was selling the car?
    The original owner didn't have the garage space anymore and had to leave it outside for a little while and during that time it got a few small door dings. After that I think he felt like he needed sell it to someone who had the garage space and could treat it right.

On a side note I could tell it was VERY hard for him to sell it...he mentioned that next to his parents it was the longest relationship he has had with anything including his wife and children.

I told him that the SVO would be about 20 minutes away safe in a garage in South Austin and that he could call me anytime and we could meet up and he could drive it again if he wants too. With how long he owned the car and the emotional attachment to it I almost feel like the car will always truly be his...I just get the privilege to enjoy it and take care of it.
    Bo
    - 2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen
    - 2003 DSG GT 5-Speed
    - 1970 Buick GS350

FEP Power Member

Thanks for the story. I bought mine in August of 85 and I met my wife in March so my wife has the edge. I know the feelings I would have if I sold mine (car, not wife) so I was curious to hear the sellers reason.
    85 GT vert

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123