Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Here is picture of a half section of original window channel.
    It was so hard it did not come out whole.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    85 LTD 5.0 sleeper build. Getting garage ready and gathering parts.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown View Post
    Here is picture of a half section of original window channel.
    It was so hard it did not come out whole.

Man, I did that to the drivers side of my car. Came out in chunks and was a PITA. Haven't really felt like tackling the passengers side as of yet.
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

FEP Senior Member quarterstang86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fasfivo View Post
    The WC 21-96 fits perfectly. That's what I used on my Futura. It's actually for a Falcon, but it works great.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=71782
    I just ordered 2 qty of these for my 1980 Mont sportroof. I hope they fit as well as yours did and much better than that NorthYale JUNK I bought earlier for the window channels.
    - Richard

I think you'll be pleased. Just take your time notching the sides of it for the upper window corners, etc. so you only have to use one long continuous piece for each window. I haven't had any problems with mine since I installed it. Works great, and no leaks.

The WC 21-96 that I ordered showed up today. Fits ok, seems a little small though, doesn't fit as tight as the original Ford pieces for sure, and much thinner also. Guess it will have to work though and hope it doesn't leak. JC Whitney stuff #27 part# 813699Y is dicontinued and came from China. JCW said they won't be getting anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by c391d View Post
    The WC 21-96 that I ordered showed up today. Fits ok, seems a little small though, doesn't fit as tight as the original Ford pieces for sure, and much thinner also. Guess it will have to work though and hope it doesn't leak. JC Whitney stuff #27 part# 813699Y is dicontinued and came from China. JCW said they won't be getting anymore.
    What type of vehicle did you install WC 21-96 into?

What type of vehicle did you install WC 21-96 into?

I have a 1978 Fairmont 2 door sedan I am using the WC 21-96 on. Wondering if maybe the WC 22-96 would be a little better because it's a little bigger. Also to let everyone know the 78-79 full size Bronco rear window inner and outer sweepers are pretty much a perfect match to the Fairmont's original ones. At least they are for the 2-door sedan, not sure about Futura's. Just have to cut to length and move the clips to the proper spacing. Not hard to do at all.

FEP Senior Member quarterstang86's Avatar

I have been meaning to post here about those pieces I ordered (WC 21-96). I got the drivers side piece in as soon as UPS delivered them and they fit so much better than that North Yale window channel junk I had there, although I must say I learned today what those little metal rubber coated guiding clips in the factory felts do about 3/4 way up the window frame next to the pillar, they help guide the window when you roll it up.
    - Richard

so any definite info here for a Fairmont Futura? I do not have a right side mirror, so my beltline weatherstrip is different size, left to right. I need a long one for the right side and even the left is longer than say a Mustang. I wonder if the Lincoln pieces will work? long enough? Who's done the Futura? I see a set on ebay, but trying not to pay $110 plus shipping for these wipes.
    Pete's Ponies
    Mustang RUSToration & Performance

I have a 2 dr 1981 Ford Granada and can confirm that part # 49-9465 from www.lmctruck.com fits the outer door belt with some trimming and moving of several of the clips. They are $39.95 a piece

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12