Close

Default Heater assmbly show at MMM board

At this post at the MMM board:
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=57462

there are some pics of a 1980 Mustang non-AC heater assembly. From the 1st pic it looks just like the one in my 78 Fairmont - at least from what I can see of it under the dash. However in the second pic - which shows the assembly from the hidden side that faces the firewall - it seems that the heater blower motor would stick thru the firewall and the one in my Fairmont definately does not. But everything else looks the same from what I can see on the engine compartment side as far as the three stud/triangular mounting arragement and the location of the heater core outlets relative to those studs (between the passenger side one and the upper one).

So I guess my question is does the heater blower motor stick thru the firewall on Mustang assemblies and F/Zs use a different setup? Or is it just an optical illusion in that pic?

Thanks
    T

That's my pictures. It is just an illusion. Blower motor does not stick out.

Quote Originally Posted by kj_80Cobra View Post
    That's my pictures. It is just an illusion. Blower motor does not stick out.
    Well that's quite an illusion. It just looks like that motor sticks out past the mounting surface of the housing by several inches.

T

how far it sticks out is often just an illusion..........
    '83 glx vert with '82 gt frontend

if you aren't trying to blow the horn with the signal lever and reaching for the key release button on your other vehicles,you're not driving the fox enough !