Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default The rarest Dominator

Here's what I believe to be the rarest one.Only 4 20th Anniversary models were sold with the Dominator package.

I bought this car new from Summit Ford in Lee's Summit when I was 23, my first new car. I just got out of the Marine Corps and came home and went straight to Summit to buy a Dominator because they were legendary around here. The salesman tells me he has 1 left thats also a 20th Anniversary model, would I be interested? Uuhh,yeah! Cost $13,247 new. I went thru the entire car 2 years ago because it had been in storeage for 9 years(divorce) The interior is original, original block, but now a 347with 450HP, 93 cobra 5 speed,3.73 8.8 rear, they were born with 7.5 rears, so I had to change that junk. Anyway the list goes on and on with the hipo parts, but it is exactly like it was when it rolled off the showroom floor in appearence down to the crappy casette stereo! Only the Weld Pro Stars and the fuel pressure gauge, and rear fuel pump are not original.

Last edited by GT350 Dominator; 03-09-2008 at 11:20 PM.

Neither here nor there

First GT350 Dominator I would love to welcome you to FEP!
    I have seen pics of this car and so happy to see you join up!

I split/moved your post to the Online Car show section because its going to receive
    alot of feedback which isn't directly related to dakota4eyes resto thread.

BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!! WOW

Wow!! that thing is beautiful!!
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Wow! Very nice car! Thanks for sharing some information and the photo's.

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it and visit often.

Very cool! I've got an '86 that I just bought off of a member here on the board, 62k original miles and pretty much original. I've got a question for you, any idea what the dominator package cost on top of a regular GT? I've got the window sticker, build sheets, etc etc but no where does it say what the cost of the package was...
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

Man that is awesome! Very nice car. And uh, excuse my ignorance, but what was the dominator package? like what changed? lol

Thumbs up

Awesome!!!
    13 Dodge Dart
    09 Shadow Sabre
    08 Caliber
    05 Aztek
    02 Avalanche
    02 Thunderbird
    01 Cadillac ETC
    98 Explorer
    96 Suzuki X-90
    89 Fleetwood
    89 Continental
    88 Town Car
    86 Silverado
    84 Fiero
    83 Town Car
    82 LN7
    82 EXP
    80 Mustang
    65 Continental
    62 Galaxie 500
    54 Packard

Stock never goes out of style.

very nice! got a better pic of your tailpipe setup? i cant really make out how it looks from the rear shot
    86' Coupe Street/Strip Never Ending Project-351w, 4 Wheel Disk, WC T5, etc...

Link to my car Pics:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/hyper7pbs/

few things to point out just because i can:
    That hood insulation, holes in the air cleaner lid and foam seal arent stock right?(actually i know they arent). And you probably yanked off that "weatherstrip" that goes on top of the firewall sealing it to the hood also..is that hood scoop stock?
    86' Coupe Street/Strip Never Ending Project-351w, 4 Wheel Disk, WC T5, etc...

Link to my car Pics:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/hyper7pbs/

FEP Senior Member

wanna trade a 86 gt and a 2002 explorer :-D o well i thought i would try. BEAUTIFUL CAR. welcome to the forum
    [][]==========[][]
    []----------------[]
    omg this dude is 17 i love my mustang too.
    My New Racing and discussion site.

Welcome to th..........e site. Sorry, I just had panic attack after I saw your car. That car is beyond words.
    My Patronus is a Wookie!!!

FEP Senior Member blackmagicman's Avatar

truly beutiful i comend you....

welcome and what a car you have
    1998 SVT Contour Daily Driver- K1 Racing Wheels CAI
    1985 Mustang GT T-top Black
    Freshened/Blueprinted 302-Heavily Worked GT40 Heads SS valves and Heavy Duty springs-1.6r Crane Cams RR-Custom Grind Comp Cam-Wieand Intake-Edelbrock Carb-MSD-King Cobra Clutch-World Class T5-Cobra 4whl Disc-31spl 4:10 rear-Longtubes-Strange 10Ways-Mac Exhaust with 3" Rolled tips-
    1984 RS Turbo Capri 100% Show car
    1982 Mustang GT

First I'll say THANKS! I love to show the car, its was quite a job hanging on to it for all these years, and the ground up resto took alot of time and money, which I did all myself in a house garage with a minimum of tools. Shows what you can do with just perserverence.

The only package they offered in 1984 was $1280 and it included:
    Functional hood scoop
    Re-worked Holley 4 bbl.
    Hood sealing air cleaner
    Ford Motorsport extra performance ignition with adjustabl rev limiter
    Headers
    3.27 limited slip rearend
    decals
    The only place you'll find the price is on your actuall contract that you signed for reciept of the car, it was a pink carbon copy sheet.

The car ran 13.80 back then in stock form, so not that fast.

Today it runs 11.70 just the way she sits, 347, Eagle forged rotating, has 10.5 compression,Rpm alum. 2.02 heads, 750 DP Holley,Hurricane intake,Comp cam .575 lift, under drive pulleys,alum. drive shaft,5.0 shifter, idles at 1250 and turns 7000 every shift.It makes 449 HP and 425 torque and sounds mean as heck just idleing thru a car show, which I love. It NEVER leaves the garage without getting the h*ll run out of it!

And you are right about the weather strip on the cowl, didn't like the look of it, besides this car never sees rain. And the exhaust I have is 2 1/2 that just turns down when it gets to the rearend.
    Last edited by GT350 Dominator; 03-10-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 82mustang View Post
    few things to point out just because i can:
    That hood insulation, holes in the air cleaner lid and foam seal arent stock right?(actually i know they arent). And you probably yanked off that "weatherstrip" that goes on top of the firewall sealing it to the hood also..is that hood scoop stock?
    The Air Cleaner with the holes, the hood scoop with a hole cut in it, and the "weatherstip" sealing the Air Cleaner to the hood is part of the dealer package that came will all carburated Dominators. I have the exact air cleaner hanging in my garage waiting to go back on my '85 Dominator once I put it back together.

GT350 DOMINATOR, that is one sweeeet looking car. Makes me hyper to get mine back together.
    2012 Boss 302

1985 Canyon Red GT "Dominator package" T-Tops . . 7 year restoration

1986 GT Conv. (Rare Black/Tan combo) Original 58k car

1985.5 SVO . . #242 of 439, #50 of 75 1B Medium Charcoal Metallic 4 year restoration

FEP Power Member ScreeminChikin's Avatar

Man thats a beautiful car. I see the show-me plate so are you still in the KC area? Keep an eye on the regional forum for info about the Four Eyed Pride get together(s) this summer. Would love to see that bad boy in person.
    '90 LX Sport 5.0\T5
    '90 GT 331\T5
    '90 Notchback 5.3LS\S480 Turbo\TH400

LOOKS LIKE THERE ARE FIVE DOMINATOR/GT ON THIS SITE. AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET PICS ON ALL OF THEM. 02ZO6 WHO DID YOU BUY YOUR 86DOMINATOR FROM ?AND GT350 DOMINATOR PM ME YOUR PHONE # , I HAVE QUESTION FOR YOU. DAKOTA WHAT STAGE 1,2OR 3 DOMINATOR DO YOU HAVE ? AND THE SAME QUESTION FOR GT 350 DOMINATOR.

Nice! Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by 85DOMINATOR/GT View Post
    LOOKS LIKE THERE ARE FIVE DOMINATOR/GT ON THIS SITE. AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET PICS ON ALL OF THEM. 02ZO6 WHO DID YOU BUY YOUR 86DOMINATOR FROM ?AND GT350 DOMINATOR PM ME YOUR PHONE # , I HAVE QUESTION FOR YOU. DAKOTA WHAT STAGE 1,2OR 3 DOMINATOR DO YOU HAVE ? AND THE SAME QUESTION FOR GT 350 DOMINATOR.
    I believe mine to be a Stage 1. It had long tube headers, the "worked over" Holley, the Rev Limiter made by MSD for Ford Motor Sports, the special dual snorkel air cleaner and functional hood scoop like the one on this thread. It didn't have the 140mph speedo like some got, but will have one when the resto is done. The car does have T-Tops, not sure how many Dominators had those.

I have a thread in the Restoration section of this site with pictures of it "before", with the bodywork/repaint just finally getting started. I hope to post progress pictures if I can remember the camera when I stop by .
    2012 Boss 302

1985.5 SVO . . #242 of 439, #50 of 75 1B Medium Charcoal Metallic 4 year restoration

The only Dominator pkg. available was the 1 I have, from 1984 on its the only one offered, I believe the Stage 1-3 pkgs. were only available before 1984. I may be wrong it may be before 1983, but I know that all 84's and up had the same or less on them, no motor up-grades. PM me for a phone number at, bahunter1@comcast.net

Yes I still live about 20 miles from Lee's Summit. I go to all the Cruise Nites here in the KC area, and have raced cars around Olathe and Noland road in Independence on Fri. and Sat. nites.

Is this the MSD you are talking about?

James

No, the original on my you can see if you look at the photo of the engine bay right under the air cleaner snorkel on the driver side, it had a small chip in the side that you put in for the rev limiter, no dial thing. The decal is blue and silver and says Extra performance iginition w/ built in Rev limiter by MSD for Ford Motorsport.

Thats the correct one in the photo 2 down, from Dakota4eyes.
    Last edited by GT350 Dominator; 03-10-2008 at 11:09 AM.

Welcome to the site! Its prety cool seeing the rare 4 eyed cars slowly popping up.
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

Quote Originally Posted by GT350 Dominator View Post
    No, the original on my you can see if you look at the photo of the engine bay right under the air cleaner snorkel on the driver side, it had a small chip in the side that you put in for the rev limiter, no dial thing. The decal is blue and silver and says Extra performance iginition w/ built in Rev limiter by MSD for Ford Motorsport.
    Mine also had the "plug ins" you stick in the side, it had a 7000 plug in it when I got it.

Here is a picture of mine:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...m/103_0067.jpg
    2012 Boss 302

Quote Originally Posted by GT350 Dominator View Post
    The only Dominator pkg. available was the 1 I have, from 1984 on its the only one offered, I believe the Stage 1-3 pkgs. were only available before 1984. I may be wrong it may be before 1983, but I know that all 84's and up had the same or less on them, no motor up-grades. PM me for a phone number at, bahunter1@comcast.net

Yes I still live about 20 miles from Lee's Summit. I go to all the Cruise Nites here in the KC area, and have raced cars around Olathe and Noland road in Independence on Fri. and Sat. nites.

Did yours have the long tube headers?

Edit.... Ooops, missed the header comment. I'm assuming they were long tube.
    2012 Boss 302

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast