Close

Default '05 Bullitts on a Fox

Hi Guys,
    I'm thinking of fitting a set of 2005 take off Bullitts onto my coupe. I've been offered them at a very reasonable price and I'm finding it hard to resist them.
    The car has a 8.8" rear from a 1995 GT and 1996 GT front spindles already fitted so the wheels should fit straight on, right?.
    What do you guys think? will the Bullitts suit a four eye.
    Blacktop

i think they will look awesome exactly what i want in the near future

I just picked up some at FFW. I haven't mounted them yet but I test fit one today and they are sick.

Bullitts look sick on 4 eyed coups.

I was under the impression that the 05+ mustang wheels have the wrong backspacing for fox mustangs

can anyone clarify this?
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

The 05 and newer wheels will work but they really have too much positive offset to fit anything other than the SVOs properly. I would recommend using longer rear axles (SVO length) and SN95 front A-Arms. Here is a picture on stock SVO parts. Keep in mind that the SVO axles and spindles push everything out further than the sn95 parts.

83 GT Turbo

Just stating my opinion and not to start anything but I don't see what everbody likes about the Bullitts. I don't think they look good at all on any car, even the early muscle cars.
    84 SVO(Long gone)
    86 AMC Eagle
    81 AMC Eagle

You might like the way the pre SN197 Bullitt wheels fit on a non SVO, for the reasons stated above.

Personally I like the looks of those wheels on just about any Mustang....

Last edited by drquest; 07-20-2008 at 11:39 PM.

88 GT 'Vert original owner

I did a coupe with the 05 premium wheels using the SVO rear axles and brakes and the 94-95 front LCAs and spindles. It came out nice. The 05 and newer rims have a 6 inch backspace and the SN-95 cars are like 5.5 inches, It does not seem like much but it makes a diffence. With the setup you are talking about you might want to try a small spacer ont he rear if you want a bit mor track width for cosmetic purposes but it should fit pretty well.

You have to get the axles out a bit farther to get the look right. I have had '05 bullits on my SVO since '05 along with the 03 Cobra suspension and everything fits perfectly. The rear IRS is the same width as the SVO. And.... Bullits gave me goosebumps when I first saw them in 01 so 'nuff said from me on that one.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    The car has the 1980 front lower control arms so if I fit the '05 bullitts I'm worried I might get some rim clearence issues.It's just about ok at the moment with the 5.72" backspacing on my current wheels.I'm reluctant to fit spacers as I'm planning on giving the car some track time soon.
    So I guess I'll just have to pass on those bullitts.

Thanks again for your views
    Blacktop

I run 1 1/2" spacers on my rears on track events since I have a shortened rear end.

I drift/autox/drag my car. If those spacers can handle the drift abuse the only track event I would hesitate on would be like a 24 hour event.

I also had to use them for some 15" wheels that would not clear the calapers.

I just put some on my 86 coupe and think it looks sweet.

I did have to modify the front corner of the fender from some rubbing of 245/45 tires.

One of the best visual improvments I have ever made. Almost as good as a new paint job.

You could always take the car and prefit. Thats always a good idea anyway.

$0.02