Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Capri Decode

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I can buy my old 86 Capri's motor back.
    FWIW, if it was me, I'd go after the original motor.

Then I would install the roller setup in it, with a roller cam. Being an 85 motor, it will have the bosses for the spider and so forth, its just that those things won't be installed....but you can do it yourself. I would also swap in better pistons and any other internal parts you might want to help increase, hp.

Then I would remove the CFI setup. I'll be honest, the CFI setup is one of those things I don't know if anyone will truly love...and I'm a hard core "keep it original guy".

BUT, you could get an original 85 carb and air cleaner, leave your stock "EFI" air cleaner cover on it and no-one would really be able to tell you've modded anything.

-Mike

Thanks Fox & Mike So Mike are you saying to get back my old 86 RS motor or use the org. motor in my 85 RS,witch is a 84 motor. I would also like it to keep it stock looking. Can anyone tell me the org. gray that was used on 85/86 RS & GT moldings? Mine were painted over. It kinda looks like grey primer. Thanks Again

Thanks Fox & Mike So Mike are you saying to get back my old 86 RS motor or use the org. motor in my 85 RS,witch is a 84 motor. I would also like it to keep it stock looking. Can anyone tell me the org. gray that was used on 85/86 RS & GT moldings? Mine were painted over. It kinda looks like grey primer. Thanks Again
    I would get the original 85 motor...cars with original engines are hard to find. But like I said...thats just me...I like matching numbers/parts.

-Mike

Thanks Mike Didn't this car have a 84 motor cause it was so early? Will this accept the roller gear? Wouldn't i half to change these D80E heads for E7TE heads for more HP? I would like to keep the original block in the car. From storage every year most of the seals are leaking. I hate oil leaks! It's got 161000 kms on it & runs great,no smoke ,no noise, oil presure a little low when warm. The only thing I changed on this engine was the waterpump six years ago. Sorry I don't know where else to ask these questions. Thanks

Can anyone tell me the date the first 85 Capri was built? Also the date the last 85 Capri was built? Mine is the earliest i have seen so far. Mine was built on September 11th 84 & it's the 585th car built. On the Time Control Inventory Tag , would all Capri's before mine have this Tag?? Thanks

Cars are not built in consecutive order.

600585 is not the 585th car built. 600585 is the 585th car to be assigned a VIN.

When it was actually started and when it was actually finished could be before or after cars serialized before or after it.

Red, I'm curious how you got the actual build date of Sept 11....? Also does your car have the embossed RS molding ?

BTW... Here is a early 85 with a lower c.u.n. then your 585......... 204

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-...em300206383745

I can't tell does this car have the RS molding.. I think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by fredzilla View Post
    Red, I'm curious how you got the actual build date of Sept 11....? Also does your car have the embossed RS molding ?

BTW... Here is a early 85 with a lower c.u.n. then your 585......... 204

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-...em300206383745

I can't tell does this car have the RS molding.. I think it does.
    Wow, that one is REALLY early.

Maybe one of the FIRST!

-Mike

Thanks Fox Thats good to know, but wouldn't you say mine must be one of the earliest, because of the time control & inventory tag. Fredzilla thanks for showing me this Capri, Wow 204 thats early. Yes mine has the embossed RS moldings.My door tag tells me 09/84,& my build sheet tells me 84/09/11. I don't see a time control inventory tag on the drivers door of this early Capri. The build date is also 09/84, i wonder what day? Thanks
    Last edited by Red; 03-12-2008 at 11:58 PM.

Until someone tell all of us exactly when every single '85 Capri was started and finished nobody is going to be able to tell you where yours is in that mix.

All we can tell you is that 584 '85 Capris were serialized before yours.

Thanks Fox I guess we will be waiting for a few years for a Marti Report. Can you tell me the meaning for the check digit on the vin? I notice that's the only differance ,other than the C U N , on this capri & mine.The vin on that RS is 1MEBP79M(2)FF600204. I , E-mailed Marti Autoworks anyways
    Last edited by Red; 03-14-2008 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks Fox..... Kevin Marti got back to me today. No, I didn't get any info on my Capri, but the good news is, Kevin is hoping to have this info out by the end of the summer. I hope he meant this summer.
    Last edited by Red; 03-14-2008 at 11:48 PM.

Which model year(s) did he plan to have done by the Summer?

Sorry Fox I only asked about my 85 Capri,& when I could order a Marti Report for my car.

He's barely off from finishing the '79 model year, and was working on the '80 model year. Are you sure he said he planned on having the '85 model year info ready by the end of Summer?

Don't know what to tell ya Fox. I ONLY asked about my 85 RS ,I gave him my vin number,& that is word for word what he told me. sales@martiauto.com

Default Early Vin

This 85 RS t-top is for sale in London Ont. $5000 obo.(Kijiji) The owner said this capri is in excellent condition. This is another early vin 1MEBP79M1FF600324. It would be nice to get this one!

This 85 RS t-top is for sale in London Ont. $5000 obo.(Kijiji) The owner said this capri is in excellent condition. This is another early vin 1MEBP79M1FF600324. It would be nice to get this one!
    You should post this in the FYI section in the classified area of these forums.

-Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123