Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Where is the ID Tag Located on the Transmission?
    Own: 1979 Mustang Ghia 200CI I6(in Process of Restoration)

Have Access to: 2002 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8 Laser Tint Red, Leather Medium Parchment Interior, 3.27 Locker Rear End, Mach 460 Sound

Quote Originally Posted by digitalrailroader
    Where is the ID Tag Located on the Transmission?
    Bolted to the top cover.

Is it hard to get to?
    Own: 1979 Mustang Ghia 200CI I6(in Process of Restoration)

Have Access to: 2002 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8 Laser Tint Red, Leather Medium Parchment Interior, 3.27 Locker Rear End, Mach 460 Sound

I haven't had a chance to get my 85 out of the garage to get you those pics,but soon I hope.

Default 79 Cobra

I just joined the forum and would like to help you with your data collection. I ordered my 79 Cobra and kept all the documentation on the car. It is all original, so I should be able to find whatever tags that are visible. Do you want me to post the build sheet, window sticker, and pictures here or just email them to you? Any other data you want?

Blog Entries

I'd think emailing might be best for this particular project, but if you're willing to post, all us nosey lookie-lous would love to see anything you'd be willing to share. Maybe start a thread in the Cobra Corner for documentation for the heck of it?

FEP Senior Member

Do you want any info from the Fairmont/Zephyr/LTD/Marquis?
    1977 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser

FEP Senior Member

All of these pic are from my 81 Zephyr. It has a 2.3 and is 95% percent original. I repalced the factory plug wires this past fall...still have them if you want pics. But there is something that I would like to know, the number 351 appears on the car twice, first on the door tag and second behind the air dam. (have pics of both below). Can someone tell me what that number means?

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...yr/tags010.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...yr/tags011.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...yr/tags012.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...yr/tags013.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...yr/tags014.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...yr/tags016.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...yr/tags017.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...yr/tags018.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...yr/tags021.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...yr/tags025.jpg

If you need more just let me know, almost all tags/numbers are visible on my car. Oh and the Buck Tag it was stuck on the drivers side fender, where it mounts under the hood. Wasn't bolted or anything just wedged between the fender and the body. Plus of your interested I have access to about a 20 different Fox cars. Pretty much everything minus the Stang/Capri/Zephyr/Fairmont.
    1977 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser

These are the only ones I have on my 86 ASC McLaren Capri. The pic of the door sticker didn't come out. It is faded....BAD and you can only make out certain things. The buck tag was in the usual spot on the core support. The ASC tag was next to it, but was removed and lost (Doh!) Click on the pics to enlarge

Excellent work, peeps. Keep it coming.

You can get pics of my SSP buck tags on my cardomain page, page 2.
    -EVIL SSP-
    '85 KY Highway Patrol SSP Coupe
    Walk around/exhaust clip

-David

heres a pic of my buck tag and where I found it along woth some #'s I found stamped on the fire wall

the buck tag reads as follows

MUSTANG
    106014 61B F TR 0044
    277 DF ST
    04 HB S
    GT BR MOD 03 V
    S -D NLR

it was held on by a screw

the fire wall pics are what looks like an AC (upside down)
    (below wiring) 3RB36
    (above ground strap)8 31 03 also upside down

and on rad support what looks like 58DB
    hope this helps. the car is an 83GT with a v-8 manual trans, no air.
    mustang gt registry
    http://www.mustanggt.org/forums/inde...eferrerid=3400

F irst
    O n
    R ace
    D ay

My 82 Capri. 302, 4 speed, T-tops, no A/C, possibly radio delete.

Buck tag

LH valve cover
    CF335AB______\ C \ ??
    ---------------\--\---
    ABCDEFGHJKLM\ R \10
    123__________\-- \--
    1234567890 12_\ S \27

RH valve cover(can't read anymore)

distributor
    1J___30
    _E2ZE
    _12127
    __DA

Buck tag location

I can't get to the trans or rear diff yet, I'll make sure to take a look when I get it up in the air though.

Neither here nor there

I was at the junkyard over the weekend...found a complete 1980 Fairmont.
    There was the owners guide and build sheet right on the front seat.
    I will be honest, I left it there, I don't know why, but I did.....
    Anyway I was YELLED at by some person on this site for not grabbing it.
    I won't mention any names skye cough cough

Well I went back today and got the Owners Guide, Build Sheet and the Buck Tag.

I am sorry on the crappy door sticker pic, but all I had was my cell phone.
    I think you can make it out now that I adjusted the pic a bit.

Buck tag was located on the top of the Rad support, flat on top right.

Pics of the car are in the FYI section now incase you want to compare anything.

CLICK TO ENLARGE

The picture isn't the best so Ill write the numbers down too.

9R03W157773 3JA B
    W6 A 9 K QS
    BPF C
    MOON COBRA

Here is also a tag that was under both driver and passenger side fenders. These tags were right on the top rail about a third of the way back from the front. Also in the middle of the bucktag were a backwards stamped F and 8.

Last edited by tman1257; 07-04-2008 at 04:18 PM.

Could you also tell me all of the options (windows, locks, radio, ac, cruise, defrost, louvers, console, power brakes, etc.) the car has that you can find/think of, and the interior and exterior colors and color of any pinstripe or bodyside molding tape insert, type of wheels (TRX or other), etc., etc.? Very little is known about the early (pre-'82) Body/Buck Tags or the San Jose assembly plant Body/Buck Tags. Your extra help is appreciated!
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Manual windows, power locks, no radio in the car when I bought it but there is wiring and there were 4 speakers in it, has ac, no cruise, defrost, louvers. I have the console and power brakes. The color is the deep blue, black lower, (Cobra package). The stripes on the moulding are a light blue painted on stripe. Bucktag was screwed onto the front of the radiator support by the headlight bucket on the driver side. Interior is a light blue.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head Foxchassis. Would you like carb tag pics or factory sheetmetal stamping pics too?
    Last edited by tman1257; 07-05-2008 at 07:26 AM.

Neither here nor there

Warranty Tag sitting in a stang at the bone yard

I'll get pics and info from my 85 GT 5.0 CFI. I have the engine out and apart, and trans is out also. My dad originally bought the car and now I have it, so I know everything is original. Well, the exhaust isn't, but thats the only thing that has been changed at the moment. Hope it helps. But, I won't have pics for a couple days as car is in storage.

Justin
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

heres the bucktag of my 83 found in usual spot w/ a phillips headed screw

capri
    617635 61D F 026
    9D DF ST
    AC 05
    CRS MBW 04 V
    S -B NLR

and the door tag

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

Alright, I told FoxChassis I'd post this up so here it goes. First is for this car:

Sorry this is sideways I couldn't get it large enough to read if it was up and down so.....

Now this car:

I have the window sticker for it, and a ton of other stuff from the original owner too, but the sticker is pretty brittle and wrinkled. You can make it out fine if you have it in hand but my scanner didn't like it.

For this car:

All I have is the Buck. No paperwork and the door tag is delaminated and illegible.

My tan hatch had the buck put behind the rad support during the body work so I can't get a decent pic of it. I have no other info on that car either. So, here you go, use the info for something good.
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback
    84 Tan 5.0 GT convertible
    84 GT350 2.3T convertible

Default my 1981 bittersweet glow

this is the info from my recently acquired 1981 ghia coupe, it's undergoing restoration at this moment, im in the need of the owners manual, here in Venezuela its hard to find, anyone of you can help me with this? many thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images   

86 50CPRI

Fox, I realize this thread began a year and a half ago... are you STILL collecting this info? I can get you info from my own Capri,vin and buck tag ,and one of my Mustangs if you wish

86 50CPRI

Tan84..something caught my eye looking at your white turbo hatch...what happened to the side moulding? Then I saw in your album,the pic of it on the showroom floor,and it is the same. Whats the story behind that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast