Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by v8only View Post
    get that 84 notch going!
    If I had an EFI fuel tank, I can get it done - except the tank I have has a fuel baffle that can go walkabout. That and the engine may not be done in time...

The '83 Fairmont failed today - dead cylinder. If it's just a fouled plug I'm in business but if it's a valve, engine's toast.

Dean T
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

I have a perfect EFI fuel tank for ya if you'd like to swap me for your broken one. I'm in Costa Mesa.
    82' Bittersweet Metallic Capri

Orange County, California

Quote Originally Posted by 82cat View Post
    I have a perfect EFI fuel tank for ya if you'd like to swap me for your broken one. I'm in Costa Mesa.

Really? Cool! PM me a day to swap.

My '83 Fairmont passed (#5 plug fouled) so if there's still openings, I'm going to attend with the '83.

Dean T

FEP Member

Default Knott's...

I'm "in," as of a couple of days ago. I'll be at Knott's once again with my '86 t-top coupe. We'll be in the same location, at the 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords booth, located in the grassy center area of the show (where the vendors and celebrated anniversary vehicles are parked). As it stands right now, I'll have the coupe and a custom-painted, supercharged '06 GT with me...a look at first-gen, late-model Mustangs and how far the've come to the S197 of today. PLEASE stop by, check out the cars and say hello. I'm looking forward to it.

Note to Dean T...You seem to be the resident SoCal, four-eyed "parts collector" around here (along with V8only), and you live fairly close to the Valley (closer than V8only and his brother). I've got a bunch of pieces that might help you with the '84 you're putting together. At this point, what is literally two boxes of various trim pieces and whatever else, are just in my way and I really don't forecast ever needing or using any of it. If you're interested, bring one of your wagons and load up, dude! Oh...what's it gonna cost you? If you promise to take it all (everything that I point out...NOT everything in the shop LOL), I guess I'll charge you the "high" price of a nice lunch or a case of beers or something LOL. I don't have an itemized inventory of the stuff and I'm not gonna take the time to make one. It's just a LOT of four-eyed Fox parts (I think it's mostly interior/SOME exterior trim, I know there's an '86 PCM and harness and other stuff).

As my wife always says, "KJ, you can put together a whole Mustang with all of the stuff you've got out in that shop!" Well, I already did (the coupe), so the excess can finally go.

PM me and let me know. DEAN ONLY. Not that we're best buddies or anything, he just lives the closest to my place and I know he rescues parts and cars like this (the kind that are on the verge of being thrown in a dumpster). If he wants, he can handle the inventorying and distribution of whatever parts to the rest of you all.

well guys, got the official registration in the mail today.

I assume the rest of you should start getting yours today.

the ol vert is in the show for sure

my bro with his 86 ttop flaked, as did my father with the 86 ssp, but oh well
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Jones View Post
    I'm "in," as of a couple of days ago. I'll be at Knott's once again with my '86 t-top coupe. We'll be in the same location, at the 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords booth, located in the grassy center area of the show (where the vendors and celebrated anniversary vehicles are parked). As it stands right now, I'll have the coupe and a custom-painted, supercharged '06 GT with me...a look at first-gen, late-model Mustangs and how far the've come to the S197 of today. PLEASE stop by, check out the cars and say hello. I'm looking forward to it.

Note to Dean T...You seem to be the resident SoCal, four-eyed "parts collector" around here (along with V8only), and you live fairly close to the Valley (closer than V8only and his brother). I've got a bunch of pieces that might help you with the '84 you're putting together. At this point, what is literally two boxes of various trim pieces and whatever else, are just in my way and I really don't forecast ever needing or using any of it. If you're interested, bring one of your wagons and load up, dude! Oh...what's it gonna cost you? If you promise to take it all (everything that I point out...NOT everything in the shop LOL), I guess I'll charge you the "high" price of a nice lunch or a case of beers or something LOL. I don't have an itemized inventory of the stuff and I'm not gonna take the time to make one. It's just a LOT of four-eyed Fox parts (I think it's mostly interior/SOME exterior trim, I know there's an '86 PCM and harness and other stuff).

As my wife always says, "KJ, you can put together a whole Mustang with all of the stuff you've got out in that shop!" Well, I already did (the coupe), so the excess can finally go.

PM me and let me know. DEAN ONLY. Not that we're best buddies or anything, he just lives the closest to my place and I know he rescues parts and cars like this (the kind that are on the verge of being thrown in a dumpster). If he wants, he can handle the inventorying and distribution of whatever parts to the rest of you all.
    Now KJ,
    My feelings are hurt! Not really. Dean is a great choice as we know he will take good care of the parts and make sure they get used. The show is a couple of days after my divorce should be final (dear lord I hope so!) so I am going to try and make it with the Fairmont. Hope to see you guys soon, Ken.
    Last edited by Ken Newman; 03-16-2008 at 09:29 PM.
    1975 Bronco (needs lots of work)

Two 1978 Fairmonts
    One not so nice and the yellow one
    5.0 fuelie
    31 spline 9"
    4.11 gears
    T-56
    Baer 13" brakes
    11.3" Crown Vic rear discs
    1993 Mustang dash, console
    18X10 w/305/45 Nitto 555Rs
    17X8 w/245/45 Nitto 555s

1953 C500 COE
    2006 F550 drivetrain

602-525-4474

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

I'm officially in as well. Looking forward to having some fun.....
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

fun can only be had, at our ripe old age, if someone is hiding the alcohol.

I'll bring the big gulp cups
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

I'm in too.

I'm working hard at detailing the LTD LX and Scott will be happy to see that I'm doing my best at detailing the engine bay (finally). Hell, I got the red trim on the side moldings actually RED... which really does make the LTD LX stand out. And givin the time I'll install CC plates and the Koni reds I have laying around.

Ken, it WILL be good to see you there... actually IN the show!

1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

Talking

It will be good to be able to go. I am looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Two 1978 Fairmonts
    5.0 fuelie
    31 spline 9"
    4.11 gears
    T-56
    Baer 13" brakes
    17X8 w/245/45 Nitto 555s

1953 C500 COE
    2006 F550 drivetrain

602-525-4474

Yea I flaked,
    1 - I wont be able to park near anyone else
    2 - they'll make me stay until the very end
    3 - it's 86 GT that looks beat to **** and is in dire need of a paint job, no one gives a rats ass about it
    4 - Even if anyone does give a rats ass about it, I have a lot of expensive parts on the car AND I have a personalized license plate. I don't like advertising to the potential thieves how much money i've spent on the car.

I'll still go to the show to hang out with everyone
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    1986 Mustang GT T-Tops - Explorer engine swap, MAF Conversion, 5 lug Cobra Brakes
    2001 True Blue Bullitt
    www.thompsontransmission.com - coming soon
    Fox Body Black Interior Interchangeability Guide

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 50 Proof View Post
    Yea I flaked,
    1 - I wont be able to park near anyone else
    2 - they'll make me stay until the very end
    3 - it's 86 GT that looks beat to **** and is in dire need of a paint job, no one gives a rats ass about it
    4 - Even if anyone does give a rats ass about it, I have a lot of expensive parts on the car AND I have a personalized license plate. I don't like advertising to the potential thieves how much money i've spent on the car.

I'll still go to the show to hang out with everyone
    Screw them all. The trailer queens can hang out and the rest of us that drive them can have some fun too. It's all good! Just getting out with our cars and meeting other Four Eyed folks is ok with me.

Two 1978 Fairmonts
    5.0 fuelie
    31 spline 9"
    4.11 gears
    T-56
    Baer 13" brakes
    17X8 w/245/45 Nitto 555s

1953 C500 COE
    2006 F550 drivetrain

602-525-4474

I go just to hang out with everyone and be around all the cars. That's what I really enjoy. Whether my car is in the show or not doesn't matter much to me. I've never been big on "showing" off what I have. I guess I'm just modest like that.
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    1986 Mustang GT T-Tops - Explorer engine swap, MAF Conversion, 5 lug Cobra Brakes
    2001 True Blue Bullitt
    www.thompsontransmission.com - coming soon
    Fox Body Black Interior Interchangeability Guide

A Fairmont will be there to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the Ford Fairmont/mercury Zephyr -even though the organizers of the event chose to ignore such a milestone vehicle.

Yup, In like Flynn. Hope to see y'all there.

Dean T

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_T View Post
    A Fairmont will be there to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the Ford Fairmont/mercury Zephyr -even though the organizers of the event chose to ignore such a milestone vehicle.

Yup, In like Flynn. Hope to see y'all there.

Dean T
    Make that 2 Fairmonts! Mine is a 1978 too. Hope to see y'all there,
    Ken.

Two 1978 Fairmonts
    5.0 fuelie
    31 spline 9"
    4.11 gears
    T-56
    Baer 13" brakes
    17X8 w/245/45 Nitto 555s

1953 C500 COE
    2006 F550 drivetrain

602-525-4474

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Newman View Post
    Make that 2 Fairmonts! Mine is a 1978 too. Hope to see y'all there,
    Ken.
    Great, Ken! We'll have the Exordium and Terminus of the Fairmonts.

Glad you're in.

I hope Red78 brings a Zephyr...

Dean T
    Last edited by Dean_T; 03-15-2008 at 03:46 AM.

Default I'm in!

I hope Red78 brings a Zephyr...

Dean T
    Joey, in his best Hank Hill voice is saying,
    "Ohhh my God,....(inaudible)....Oh say can you seeeeee. By the dawns early light"......
    (inaudible)..."and the Zephyrs red glare"......(inaudible)...."but so proudly we hail".....
    Phone rang, went inside, missed the rest.

Whadda you expect hes just a cat!

Better pictures later. Just finished painting yesterday, Getting it striped next week, and the windows tinted today.

Looking good! I wish my 'Mont's front body parts end fit together as well as your Zeph's.

Hope we can get all of these cars together - or should we spread them out and infiltrate the ranks?

Dean T

Looking good! I wish my 'Mont's front body parts end fit together as well as your Zeph's.

Hope we can get all of these cars together - or should we spread them out and infiltrate the ranks?

Dean T
    I really didn't know which class to enter in? I think I checked the box for "Other Ford"....I'll sneak over and park with you guys if they don't park us together,
    Ken

Two 1978 Fairmonts
    5.0 fuelie
    31 spline 9"
    4.11 gears
    T-56
    Baer 13" brakes
    17X8 w/245/45 Nitto 555s

1953 C500 COE
    2006 F550 drivetrain

602-525-4474

Last year I was 2 or 3 rows away from Dean, Frink and Scott.

You can see what I have from last years show here: http://jpkvideoonline.com/FFF2007/index.html

I could barely walk so I could not venture far from my car.
    I hope to be "cured" by this years show.
    I have been undergoing spinal decompression daily for 4 weeks.

I really didn't know which class to enter in? I think I checked the box for "Other Ford"....I'll sneak over and park with you guys if they don't park us together,
    Ken
    If we show up together we should be able to park together.

Quote Originally Posted by RED 78' View Post

You can see what I have from last years show here: http://jpkvideoonline.com/FFF2007/index.html

I could barely walk so I could not venture far from my car.
    I hope to be "cured" by this years show.
    I have been undergoing spinal decompression daily for 4 weeks.
    Man, that sucks!

I know a girl... 22 years old that has got through hell with spinal taps for a spinal injury. She's in pain.

I wish you luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by RED 78' View Post

looks like picture #9, the very first car with the black grain top and the orange pain is this one because i member awhile back on craigs a post about mustangs car club. the pics they sent me of the 4eyed car they have had that same truck in the background.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/562627258.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marz View Post
    If we show up together we should be able to park together.

Do you guys still meet at Po' Folks for breakfast? Some of those cars in Red78's pictures are Chevy powered I thought they had to be Ford powered to be in the show?
    Last edited by Ken Newman; 03-16-2008 at 02:02 AM.

Two 1978 Fairmonts
    5.0 fuelie
    31 spline 9"
    4.11 gears
    T-56
    Baer 13" brakes
    17X8 w/245/45 Nitto 555s

1953 C500 COE
    2006 F550 drivetrain

602-525-4474

Do you guys still meet at Po' Folks for breakfast? Some of those cars in Red78's pictures are Chevy powered I thought they had to be Ford powered to be in the show?
    Yeah, we still meet at Po'folks.

As far as the cheby motor thing. They'll allow them in... I just wouldn't brag about tossing a cheby motor in there. One time a guy showed up with a nice hot rodded ford roadster... but constantly got teased about the cheby motor that was in it and left early. Another guy showed up in a pantera with a Cheby motor in it... and well... he got ripped on it too. If one can take the people teasing about it then go for it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast