Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by RED 78' View Post
    Anyone that comes to the area a day early might want to check out Ecology's 50% off sale April 19-20.
    They open at 8 A.M. I hope to go Saturday before cleaning the car.
    Hmm. That might be a possiblity. Got a rough location of where the yard is?

Jeremy - you gotta find a set of loaner pony wheels or something. Glad to hear it was a starter issue & not bearing or rod.

Quote Originally Posted by AT6svo View Post
    All over SC. and AZ.
    Look here
    http://www.ecoparts.com/locations.htm

Jeremy - you gotta find a set of loaner pony wheels or something. Glad to hear it was a starter issue & not bearing or rod.
    **** it. it is what it is. I threw some aircraft stripper all over the ten holes. Took all the crap and dirt off the front of it, as well as the clearcoat I believe. only spent a few minutes on them, but they look a lot better.

the 5 lugs will be on in a couple of months anyhow. the focus of attn is the explorer motor and black interior conversion anyhow.
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v8only View Post
    **** it. it is what it is. I threw some aircraft stripper all over the ten holes. Took all the crap and dirt off the front of it, as well as the clearcoat I believe. only spent a few minutes on them, but they look a lot better.

the 5 lugs will be on in a couple of months anyhow. the focus of attn is the explorer motor and black interior conversion anyhow.
    Cool beans. I'm so sore from working on mine for the last two days & yet i have so much more too do..... I might just miss the whole event from falling asleep in the lawn chair on Sunday due to exhaustion....
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydalrymple View Post
    Cool beans. I'm so sore from working on mine for the last two days & yet i have so much more too do..... I might just miss the whole event from falling asleep in the lawn chair on Sunday due to exhaustion....
    Damn, you must be spending a lot of time polishing that turd!

I've been so busy working on my race car that I'm only going to do a light detailing job on my LTD. It's not all that dirty anyway thankfully.
    85 Ford LTD LX: Four eyes and Four doors

EFI swap, AFR 165 heads, 5-speed conversion, Cobra brakes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LTDScott View Post

I've been so busy working on my race car that I'm only going to do a light detailing job on my LTD. It's not all that dirty anyway thankfully.
    I would have liked to do more polishing to my LX but Timewarner Screwed me over and I had to trouble shoot AND fight them over the phone for 4 hours. One of their contracted tech decided to use my cable line to get somebody elses up and going. So, now I have no internet or tv cable. And after trouble shooting and investigating I found that it was their fault. And now I have to miss work later today so they can fix their problem.

Good thing is... I get to polish the LTD more.

:P
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

Quote Originally Posted by LTDScott View Post
    I can identify with that.

Heh, that is definitely the story of my life!

Red78 - I hit the ecology yards down here in Diego all the time. I was probing for the specific one in Anaheim but thats cool, I can use the internets and the google with the best of them.

Timewarner's Monopoly should be kicked square in the nuts and their customer service sucks balls.

There's an ecology in Santa Fe Springs, not terribly far from Knotts. It sucks bad at that location, I wouldn't recommend wasting time there unless you are bored. Every once in awhile that yard gets some good ones, otherwise it's a bust 98% of the time. There is another ecology in Wilmington (near long beach) which tends to be much better but they recently reduced the size of their ford section in favor of imports. I went to the Wilmington ecology this past weekend and it was a bust there too.
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    1986 Mustang GT T-Tops - Explorer engine swap, MAF Conversion, 5 lug Cobra Brakes
    2001 True Blue Bullitt
    www.thompsontransmission.com - coming soon
    Fox Body Black Interior Interchangeability Guide

Quote Originally Posted by 50 Proof View Post
    There's an ecology in Santa Fe Springs, not terribly far from Knotts. It sucks bad at that location, I wouldn't recommend wasting time there unless you are bored. Every once in awhile that yard gets some good ones, otherwise it's a bust 98% of the time. There is another ecology in Wilmington (near long beach) which tends to be much better but they recently reduced the size of their ford section in favor of imports. I went to the Wilmington ecology this past weekend and it was a bust there too.
    I went to Wilmington last month. Lots of good stuff. I just have no place to put it.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=56933

I agree SFS is pretty bad. A couple of weeks ago there was a mint set of fog lights though.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=58264

I'm going to Wilmington tomorrow. At 50% off I know I'll find something. Like a good distributor, possibly a jack.

You are right. Just wasted 2+ hours at Wilmington. Nothing there. a 79 Mustang coupe, and a vert. They took out 12 rows of Fords. Great red console in one, I took the armrest, 7k tach in one, good bumpers front and back. There is a LTD like Scott's that will probably go in on Monday. IT is in the back now.
    Last edited by RED 78'; 04-19-2008 at 12:13 PM.

If anyone has the following parts please bring them to Knotts and I will pay a fair price for them:

a set of 82-85 GT valve covers "Powered by Ford"
    a V8 alternator bracket
    a V8 power steering pump with bracket
    timing cover for carb
    94-95 GT/ Cobra headers
    energy suspension transmission mount
    83-85 GT throttle cable
    H&R Sport Springs
    V8 oil pan

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lxcoupe86 View Post
    If anyone has the following parts please bring them to Knotts and I will pay a fair price for them:

a V8 alternator bracket
    timing cover for carb
    94-95 GT/ Cobra headers
    83-85 GT throttle cable
    H&R Sport Springs
    V8 oil pan

thanks!
    I have the PBF Al Valve covers. Cool thing is, I bead blasted them when I got them. They're the early finned Al covers. I'll bring them along. I was going to use them but I picked up a pair of vintage M/T Valve covers. I plan on using them on the GT to honor Mickey Thompson and to have that vintage 80's mod'ed look. Just meet at Po Folks and we can exchange the parts there.
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

jasen, I can get ahold of him at the show, I'll hit you up when I'm there tomorrow.
    Jeremy
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg

Red face Not again!

I was under the car this evening greasing the U-joints and didn't like how close the rear rubber brake line that runs from the body to the rear end was to the exaust pipe so I tweeked the steel line and it cracked ! I freaken went nuts! It was about 6:45pm and I have no other transportaion to the parts store. I dug around and found two hard lines under my bench and cut out the rusty peice of tubing that was under the back seat (how does it rust inside of the car?) and reflaired the end and added a new peice. I borrowed some brake fluid and the neighbor kid to bleed the brakes and I think it is good to go. I don't want to hear how dirty my car looks tomorrow. If I just make it I will be HAPPY . See you at breakfast, Ken.
    Last edited by Ken Newman; 04-19-2008 at 11:51 PM.
    1975 Bronco (needs lots of work)

Two 1978 Fairmonts
    One not so nice and the yellow one
    5.0 fuelie
    31 spline 9"
    4.11 gears
    T-56
    Baer 13" brakes
    11.3" Crown Vic rear discs
    1993 Mustang dash, console
    18X10 w/305/45 Nitto 555Rs
    17X8 w/245/45 Nitto 555s

1953 C500 COE
    2006 F550 drivetrain

602-525-4474

that's some good old fashioned wrenching!!

I've got the vert as clean as the old beast is gonna get. I've got everything loaded and ready to go.

I've got my sun glasses and dodge hemi had ready to go to
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by lxcoupe86 View Post

a V8 alternator bracket
    timing cover for carb
    94-95 GT/ Cobra headers
    83-85 GT throttle cable
    H&R Sport Springs
    V8 oil pan

thanks!

hey man are you show one of your car's at the show? how do like my old ten hole wheels?
    1988 lx vert
    Rebuilt enigne with gt 40 head's and intake's.

ffrp aluminum radiator, mm subs, pro3i adj lower arm's, frrp 373, flowmaster catback, Magnaflow catd X,75 pro m menter. and more stuff.

Soon to come new black top. (this summer)

Default Show pictures

Pictures are in the Online Car Show.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...477#post618477

while I've got everybody's attn still, I'm going to put up a new thread for a bbq, for us local so cal guys. all, please check the cal section for a new get together thread.
    Jeremy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345