Close

Default Can I stop the cookie from being deleted?

I don't want the cookie deleted when I log out of this site, so that my browser will remember my login. Is there a way to stop it?
    Len

1980 Capri 2.3
    1983 Mustang GT

FEP Senior Member

go to tools and settings they should be saved click remember me when you loggin to.

If you mean the user Control Panel, there is no cookie option there. If you mean my browser, that has nothing to do with it. When I log out of this site, the message says "cookie deleted." It is being done by the site. No other site that I visit does this.
    Len

1980 Capri 2.3
    1983 Mustang GT

FEP Senior Member

it would have to be your browser not the site try to clear your cache i.e tools clear cache. or your best bet in the entire world would be to download mozilla firefox. best browser ever. and i promise you will not have the problem because your browser is i.e imm guessing and i.e has that problem some of the most visited sites you log in to the cookies get deleted. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/product...win&lang=en-US if you need help finding it (virus free).

Quote Originally Posted by 86gtwith82nose View Post
    it would have to be your browser not the site try to clear your cache i.e tools clear cache. or your best bet in the entire world would be to download mozilla firefox. best browser ever. and i promise you will not have the problem because your browser is i.e imm guessing and i.e has that problem some of the most visited sites you log in to the cookies get deleted. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/product...win&lang=en-US if you need help finding it (virus free).
    I use IE and don't have this problem. Firefox is cool, but I can't use it at work so I stick with IE.
    83 GT Turbo

FEP Senior Member

im guessing its i.e because MOST of them have that problem esp on vista and xp sp2. (i know computers a little bit )

It IS Firefox.
    Len

1980 Capri 2.3
    1983 Mustang GT

FEP Senior Member

then i have no idea update it to the mozilla 3 beta 2
    [][]==========[][]
    []----------------[]
    omg this dude is 17 i love my mustang too.
    My New Racing and discussion site.

As you can see, it is the site that is doing this.

Len

1980 Capri 2.3
    1983 Mustang GT

Neither here nor there

I don't log out, i just X out and never have an issue...hmmmm

Blog Entries

That's the message you get when you log out. If you don't log out, you're kept logged in.

I've logged in and out and all the various browsers I've used will still remember my password when I enter my username, or choose it, depending on which browser and such. You need to check your browser settings about remembering passwords, that's what will keep that sort of information for you. Either that, or don't log out.

The thing is, I almost never log out either, but when I come back, I always have to log in again. Everything is set properly in my browser, and as I mentioned, this is the ONLY site I have this problem with. Oh, well.
    Len

1980 Capri 2.3
    1983 Mustang GT

FEP Senior Member

idk why yours is doing it because i am registered on hundreds of forums and i go through the list every day to diffrent forums and this never happens to me.
    [][]==========[][]
    []----------------[]

Well, this is getting irritating as hell. I was logged out DURING a session when I was writing a long reply to a post, and when I tried to post it, was notified that I wasn't logged in. Had to relog in, and thus, lost the post.

I NEVER log out of this site, but ALWAYS have to log back in. I am using Firefox 2.0.12, Windows 2000 SP 4, and Yahoo DSL. Can ANYBODY tell me why I can't stay logged in to this site? I visit a number of forums that use the same software as this one, and never have a problem.
    Len

1980 Capri 2.3
    1983 Mustang GT

FEP Senior Member

number one upgrade your firefox to the newest beta 3 your windows is a little old so that could hurt. and make sure in options you actully save cookies.
    [][]==========[][]
    []----------------[]

I too am using FF 2.0.12 and W2K SP4, but with ZERO cookie issues.

Are you checking the "Remember Me?" checkbox next to your User Name and Password fields before you click the "Log In" button?

If I don't check that box when I first log in I too will get logged out after a while, regardless of saved cookies.

Neither here nor there

Do you have your setting like this in Firefox?

FEP Senior Member

yes check that (tools options privacy in ff.)
    [][]==========[][]
    []----------------[]

If he's getting cookies from other sites then either that box IS checked OR it isn't and he's having to manually enter exceptions with the button to the right. I do it that latter way.